Photo

Nerf Gun In Toy M16 Case?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:17 PM

I have recently recieved a M16 W/ Grenade Launcher (from realistictoygun.com), I have the Idea to make a nerf gun using the M16 case, I would have to cut parts of and all but I think I could get it to work, I want to use the grenade launcher, too.

How do you like the idea, I was going to do it this summer, I will post pics and stats of both parts(grenade launcher-short range, and the Nerf itself) once it is created.

Edited by Tarius, 07 January 2005 - 09:43 PM.

Who am I to let you win this War.

#2 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:20 PM

I gotta say thats proably every nerfers dream to run around with an M-16 looking nerf gun!
Great idea!
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#3 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

it cam with a plasic scope, that to say the leas, is an uncut peice of plastic, I will proobly drill through it to make a scope and ad some plastic pieces to make it look some what real looking.

Other Ideas:
the AK-47
MP5
all of the other guns.

Edited by Tarius, 06 January 2005 - 10:23 PM.

#4 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

I have recently recieved a M16 W/ Grenade Launcher (from realistictoygun.com)

Ok that site is the most screwed up thing I have ever seen. Text overlapping and everything.

#5 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:24 PM

the site is having problem that is why, others are having the same problem.

Pics:
M16 Base
M16 w/ GL

Edited by Tarius, 06 January 2005 - 10:33 PM.

#6 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:03 PM

Cool idea, but know that you will never be able to use it outdoors. Even with the red tip its too realistic looking. A teen was shot in my neighborhood a long time ago by a cop who thought his toy pistol was real (granted, he didnt drop it when ordered, but still). I wouldnt reccomend taking it out in public, especially not if it fires any sort of projectile.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#7 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:05 PM

I want to paint it Green or something, better, maybe a two tone paint. and I will be useing at a friends back yard(really big) for a nerf war.

Edited by Tarius, 06 January 2005 - 11:06 PM.

#8 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

Ah, the ol' toy m16 and m4's. I tried to put the internals of a nitefinder into an M4 casing similar to the one you purchased and I'm being generous when I say it was a bitch to do. The only thing that sucks about these toy guns it that they are made out of cheap plastic and it is much more breakable than other nerf plastic casings. When I was putting the internals in, I had to do very extensive dremelling to sand down pieces and extract a lot of crap just to get the parts to fit comfortably. In the end, I wasn't able to keep the cocking mechanism to stay in place and other various complications.

But anyway, good luck putting some nerf internals inside that bad boy. I'm not the only one that has tried/planned this project. I believe DJ Hurley was working on putting a nitefinder in a m4 or m16 casing also, but I'm not sure if he ever got around to it.

Edited by CustomSnake202, 07 January 2005 - 06:00 PM.

#9 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

I want to paint it Green or something, better, maybe a two tone paint. and I will be useing at a friends back yard(really big) for a nerf war.

I would maybe paint alot of orange color around the barrel. Maybe disitinguish that its a toy gun a little better. I went trick or Treating a while back dressed as a soldier and i had a toy M16 kinda like that. Noone stoped me. Although this one woman kept saying "keep the barrel facing down!" and "don't shoot at anyone." Still cracks me up. Good times.

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 07 January 2005 - 06:43 PM.

Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#10 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

I will paint the whole barrle orange, so you can see it, I mean like neon or something.

#11 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

Nitefinder M4
Not quite the same, but it turned out not to bad. I was thinking about doing something similar (nerf gun aesthetically based off a more known weapon*), only with a Maverick. Instead of an M4, however, I would have the groundwork be the Nano GL from Red Faction II with a pump-action instead of semi-auto.

One phrase: reflective orange strip. They use the same thing on buses and semis. Or, just paint the whole gun orange if you're too worried about it. Even still, isn't it like a 3/5 scale replica?

*More known than the identifying look of a certain nerf gun, i.e. the five barrels on the BF is less known than the banana mag on the AK series or receiver of the SR series.

<EDIT>Footnote.</EDIT>

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 07 January 2005 - 09:26 PM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#12 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:24 PM

its like a 25 in M16, they call it that, I call it the a 3/5 scale, so yeah. I just relized a problem, I want to use the already made, magazine that is perminatily attached, to make a simple perminant (placement wise, doesn't move), but can't figure out how tio intergrade it with the barrle, and loading(will be a some what long prosses, holds unknown short Stefans/Zero Darts), could some one help me on it. The Idea is to have a hinged door like object, and have it open, to load the magazie, then close it, so it can be fired.

#13 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:29 PM

Quite an idea, and I've thought of it too... The main problem (next to getting the guns) is somehow fitting the innards of the Nerf gun into the shell... I think the pump (and a hole for it) would be quite hard to fit and keep snug...

#14 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:42 PM

Not really, I think glue, and other unknown materials, in the right places might help, for example, I am using Styrine(sp), a light sheet of plastic, and glue it togather to make it stronger, and then get glue it to make a box, around the NF cocker, to make a little cheap, light, and durable case for the cocker, allowing me to also have it recockable(?).other then that part, the barrel is atached to the cocker, and the barrel after examining the small gun, is going to need a lot more modding then originally planed, but once it is compleate, it will be compact and durable, I will have some friends and family help. For example to build it I have to go to a friends house and use the tools, my dad and i read about guns and how they work, so that ands to an advantage, I also have some engineers in my family that might help.

#15 notorious oxide

notorious oxide

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:56 PM

i am doing something similar with a toy gun and fillind the insides and lining the stock with 50mm pvc
then having a regulator in it and a nice pressure gauge sticking out the side
-------
COREY

#16 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

It looks a bit small and uncomfortable. :)

#17 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:44 PM

After building it, and finding out, how S***y it was I decided to save up money, and build it from a bigger version, or different case. I will also be making a nerf vest, which I have the full plans for, and will be posting in a couple of days. I will be a quick build nerf gun.

M16 M60 (?)

#18 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Colored text is intended for emphasis, not self-expression. Please limit its use to a few words at a time.

Thanks.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#19 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

Wondering what you meant by "Nerf Vest"...
Wah!

#20 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:44 PM

I think he meant a bandolier.

#21 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

M60

I don't think so.

#22 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

Vest- The vest, is a put over your head, strap the sides (velcro), and on the front will be a few pockets, and sleeves. In the pockets will be pvc joints and in the sleeves the barrel, and other long/large parts. Front sides will be ammo, and a plae to hold small items like the bandolier

M60- I will buy an M60 (After I save up $30) and gut it out, and put in some nerf guns parts (I'm unsure about which nerf gun to use).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users