Problem With Rapid Fire 20

help!

10 replies to this topic

#1 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:50 PM

Sorry for double posting, this just came up.

I'm having a problem with the pump (Rapid Fire 20). I'll pump air into it, but it will come back out through the pump. If I pump, hold the pump down, pull the trigger, it will start to work, but doesn't have enough air pressure to work completly.

Please help if you can, thanks.

Edited by kingofnerf, 06 January 2005 - 09:52 PM.

My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#2 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:58 PM

Return it for a new one. Thats kinda self explanitory.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#3 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:00 PM

I didn't get it from a store.
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#4 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:04 PM

Well thats the same thing that happened to my beloved At2k, its a faulty check valve ( its the part on the rear end of the pump that acts as a one way valve ), what I did was replace the pump with a supersoaker pump of some sorts. Or you could just return it if you didnt mod it yet, hope that helps.

#5 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:18 PM

Actually It might not been faulty, you can easily brake a check valve by overpumping the gun but If I was you I wouldn't tell the salesclerk that and just return it. Also replacing your AT2k with a supersoaker pump probably wasn't the best idea, the check valves in them break easier and I've found they often snap easier.

edit: This may be because you feel you need to over pump supersoaker nerf guns because they have so little power unless pumped a lot. Also just buy a new AT2K at target for 2 for $10 bucks

Edited by CheeseNerfer, 06 January 2005 - 11:20 PM.

"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#6 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:57 PM

I didn't get it from a store.

That means he can't return it.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#7 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:36 AM

Reading: It's a good thing.

#8 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:02 PM

Well thats the same thing that happened to my beloved At2k, its a faulty check valve ( its the part on the rear end of the pump that acts as a one way valve ), what I did was replace the pump with a supersoaker pump of some sorts. Or you could just return it if you didnt mod it yet, hope that helps.

I did what he said. Now the problem is I cant get a good enough seel.

Does someone know of some good way to make a good seel with plastic tubing? I've tried hot glue but its not working.

I'm also having a problem with my secret shot 2. I'll pump it, but some air will slowly come out the barrel. If I pump fast enough and shoot it will work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by kingofnerf, 08 January 2005 - 07:06 PM.

#9 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

Don't worry, just call Nerf and they'll send you a replacement. Tell them that your Air Tank was blown and they'll send you a postage paid label for you to return your package with. Send it back and they'll send you a new RF20. They have great customer service. Here's the number: 1-800-327-8264

#10 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:59 PM

Does someone know of some good way to make a good seel with plastic tubing? I've tried hot glue but its not working.

Plumber's goop. Lots of it. It should be available at Walmart.

I'm also having a problem with my secret shot 2. I'll pump it, but some air will slowly come out the barrel. If I pump fast enough and shoot it will work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If I understand you correctly, that's a faulty airtank seal. Just pump it fast enough and it should retian air. If it still doesn't, check for cracks in the airtank, pump, and tubing.
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:01 PM

I did what he said. Now the problem is I cant get a good enough seel.

Use epoxy for the plastic tubing, and for your Secret Shot 2, try spraying some silicone grease or something at the chamber entrance where it's leaking.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users