Nerf World Order

81 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

Greetings, Citizens.

Effective immediately, I am placing NerfHaven in a state of martial law. No longer will the administration sit idly by while terrorists plot to destroy our community. As Minister of Torture and head of the radical NerfHaven militia wing, Vacc will henceforth be in charge of all cruel and unusual punishment.

New user registration has ended. If you don't have an account now, you're not likely to have one until Karma is done and fully tested. If you think you are particularly deserving of an account, send a one page essay to vacc@nerfhaven.com detailing why he should let you join The Haven. Include references in the form of links to your wonderful posts elsewhere.

I will be largely absent while working on Karma, a few interesting new mods, and your mom.

As usual, when all else fails...

Nerf on or fuck off.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:46 AM

BA HA HA HA HA!

Oh Kev, i love you so...

*sigh*
This is going to rock. Now we have to work on our current n00bs and newbs to bring them up to scratch. They're all yours Vacc and Ompa!
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:04 AM

Now we're all a big happy family. : )

Whew, the flood of idiots were pissing me off hard. Thank yous.
~Halfling

#4 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:21 AM

Finally my nerves are getting a rest.

#5 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:53 PM

Holy shit dude. You freaked me out..

I thought you were talking about my clan..

Edited by ItalionStallion, 05 January 2005 - 12:53 PM.

#6 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

WOOHOO!!! Thank you so fricken much cx. I think I may actually cry :cry: ... maybie not. B)
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#7 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:42 PM

Heh I'm very glad to see this come into effect finally, and although I personally wish it had been done earlier, it will be interesting to see how people's posts change with the Karma system implemented.

AA

EDIT (directed to no one in particular): It's also ironic to see the semi-morons of the forum be happy and excited that you are implementing this. (Which I may be a part of, then again, not sure.)

Edited by AirApache, 05 January 2005 - 04:44 PM.

Indiana '11

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:47 PM

I'm still quasi-alive! I'll be back helping VACC out in about 2 weeks, which is when exams will be over. Then, THRIST will have lost his opportunity to gain his spot back, and I'll be back being active on the community.

~ompa

#9 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

send a one page essay to vacc@nerfhaven.com detailing why he should let you join The Haven. Include references in the form of links to your wonderful posts elsewhere.

I understand that you want to filter out the n00bs coming to this forum, but don't you think that the extra effort for registering on this forum might discourage some great potential users? This would make it so only the people that really, really want to get in instead of other people that don't want to spend the extra time writing a one page essay.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

There are other nerf forums.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#11 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

That's a good point. Although I'd be happy to get rid of unwanted users, we are not an isolated elitist society, and although we aren't newb-friendly, we accept users that have something useful to say. So maybe, you should keep user registration open, but make it so that for 2 months the new users start with an extremely low karma so that they are forced to keep their posts clean and valuable. Just an idea.

AA

EDIT: off topic, but I'd thought I'd take the time to note and congratulate ompa on his 1000th post. Yes, 1000th.

Edited by AirApache, 05 January 2005 - 06:46 PM.

Indiana '11

#12 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

This would make it so only the people that really, really want to get in instead of other people that don't want to spend the extra time writing a one page essay.

This is true, but then again, do we want a ton of people that are half-heartedly into nerf and just do it to kill time, no, we want the kind of people that would strangle someone for an x-bow or drive three hours just to get a maverick or risk looking like a moron by pushing a cart full of NFs through the kids section in target and all that other crazy shit that we do.

Dang, sorry to repeat AA, i posted at the same time.

Edited by duce, 05 January 2005 - 06:44 PM.

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#13 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

I think it would be a good idea to asigh one member of NerfHaven to check the NHQ boards and if they spot a user that would be good to have here, send them an invite to join NerfHaven. That of course goes along with the new essay rule.
~Halfling

#14 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

just do it to kill time

I thought that was what nerf is for. I do it just to kill time.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#15 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:01 PM

If you don't have an account now, you're not likely to have one until Karma is done and fully tested.

I think you guys must have missed that part. Registration will be opened once Karma is done. Seems like a sensible solution to me.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#16 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

Sorry not to have yet caught onto this yet but, can someone please thoroughly explain karma to me?
~Halfling

#17 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:33 PM

I am glad you guys are finally working to keep the moron population down, but dont you think this is kind of extreme? We want more people to join nerf, dont we? I think We should do a mixture of airapache and 1/2 newb 1/2 nerfer's ideas, we should designate people as scouts to check other sights and read other forums, then have them send inviations to those who may be worthy, but I think closing down registration altogether is too harsh.Maybe another good Idea would be to add a few things to the registration form, such as nerfing experience, mods done, stuff like that. Just suggestions, of course!
Black Masks & Gasoline

#18 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

Thanks, but I did forget about the part where he will reopen registration after implementation (I think) of Karma.

AA
Indiana '11

#19 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:43 PM

I'll do scouting if interested.

~ompa

#20 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

No offence but scouting is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. If someone is a shining star of nerfhq but hasn't joined nerfhaven, then there's probably a reason. I can see someone wanting to remain at nerfhq where it tends to be more laid back.

For those of you who don't know what Karma is(and you are probably the very idiots karma is being made to stop):
Click
Click

I'm sure there are more threads but I can't find them.

Wow.... that was arrogant :wacko:

#21 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

A few of you lack an understanding of the role NH plays in the world of Nerf related forum sites. We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this Nerf forum.

It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape from the idiotic masses, now they're all here. I hope Vacc deletes a few people while registration is turned off.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#22 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:09 PM

Hey guys...

This is a Nerf forum for information exchange.

Not a social club.

Invitations? No thanks.

I'm joining VACC's militia of unusual torture. I have to go look for used Milli Vanilli CD's. Or Britney Spears.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#23 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:15 PM

No offence but scouting is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. If someone is a shining star of nerfhq but hasn't joined nerfhaven, then there's probably a reason. I can see someone wanting to remain at nerfhq where it tends to be more laid back.

Not necessarily. A few of them just don't have any stimulus to do so yet. An invataion might. And no, it's not a social club, nor anything else. But the more educated and non-idiotic people on the forums, the better. This also complies with Cx's statement of how NH is a haven from the idiots.

And Cx, the idiotic masses suprisingly aren't that bad, at least not compared to some places like NHQ. however, I do see where you're annoyance comes in.

~ompa

#24 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:31 PM

I for one am very happy this is happening. I've been here for over a year, which is not a long time compared to so people, and it amazes me how fast some people accumulate posts. I may not have that many, but that's because it kind of bugs me when people respond to posts with "I agreeā€ or spend two posts bashing some new guy. Simple solution, no new guys. I'm no god of nerf, but the stupidity here sometimes is incredible.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#25 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:45 PM

I've been here for over a year, which is not a long time compared to so people, and it amazes me how fast some people accumulate posts.

Well... but... Damnit.

I was just wondering though, is there any particular reason for closing the doors? Other than just to give some breathing room?

And I wish you luck Cx, hope you finish Karma soon.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users