Photo

Suggestions

15 replies to this topic

#1 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:41 PM

I am terribly sorry to post my FOURTH FRIKEN NEW COMMENT IN TWO DAYS, but i have discovered that i have been going about this ALL WRONG. I would delete my other posts if I could and if someone knows how please tell me. I didn't think editing a previous post would do since previous visitors would most likely just overlook it. I guess if I am starting out I should ask others for suggestions. Now I am looking to mod every gun I buy because that will be half the fun. So what guns do you suggest i buy. I am definately looking to buy a crossbow. So what else do I need to get as far as pistols and other large guns go? Oh and if you know where to get these guns you suggest or have some you would sell me, I would love that too. Thank you for your help and I am completely sorry for not doing this sooner and just filling up the sight with crap. Please forgive me.

Gordon

Edited by gordon, 28 December 2004 - 08:55 PM.

kill or be killed

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:47 PM

I've been here since early this year and I STILL have a higher post average than you, don't sweat it too much.

Anyways, keep this in mind at all times. Almost every nerf gun you can buy can be modded. So really, it doesn't matter what guns you get, since all of them can be modded. However, for current guns to get, here's a basic list.

Big Salvo
Maxshot (if available)
Nitefinder
Tech Target
Airtech2000

If you have any more questions, and don't feel like posting, feel free to PM me. With limited amounts of questions.

~ompa

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:47 PM

Buy a few Nitefinders, there wicked awsome.
~Halfling

#4 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:54 PM

Most of those guns seem very new. Are the new guns really better than the classics like the lock and load and stuff like that?
kill or be killed

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:02 PM

The Nitefinder is on par if not better than the LnL for most people I've heard from. The Crossbow is still great, but the maxshot gets the same if not better distances. It's only that the maxshot is much more prone to breakage and much harder to fix.

~ompa

#6 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:17 PM

Ok I think I found a good combination. Crossbow, Nightfinder, Airtech 200. Does that sound good. It is really hard to find a Maxshot considering I searched and can't even find a picture of one. So I will just get a Crossbow instead... plus the Crossbow really looks like a loser rifle. And what about the split shots? I saw a lot of people in the videos with those.
kill or be killed

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:21 PM

Crossbows are probably harder to get than maxshots- that is if the Crossbows on e-bay sold out.

Splitfires? Good luck with those, but I'm sure you can find someone on the forums willing to sell you one.

~ompa

#8 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:57 PM

ebay crossbows are far from sold out but they are darn expensive. about the split shot... if i can get one, should I?
kill or be killed

#9 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

gordon, what I found out about crossbows is that they are hard to modify. I am still finishing my touches my crossbow I got for christmas. I would suggest getting easier things to modify before moving on to a crossbow.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#10 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:47 PM

Fido, just completely remove the tubing leading from the plunger mechanism to the barrel. Then, add a brass barrel (or crayola barrel as I would do) directly to the plunger mechanism. Add bout a foot of 1/2" PVC over the brass (or crayola) barrel. Add some rubber bands and you are good to go. not that hard. Oh yeah you might would have to cut a hole for the new barrel. By the way you wouldn't consider selling yours to me would you?
kill or be killed

#11 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:15 AM

Try and get your hands on a SS2. There's no such thing as a split shot.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#12 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:21 AM

Gordon, I might be willing to well you my crossbow, that is, if I can find it. I think my parents threw it away. Its hardly modded at all. I just stuck a new barrel out the front. I'll let you know if I find it.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#13 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:23 AM

I meant Split Fire. And I am not a big fan of the Secret Shots. And thanks, DUce. We'll see if we can cut out a deal.

Edited by gordon, 29 December 2004 - 10:24 AM.

kill or be killed

#14 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:45 PM

He might have meant Sharp Shooter II.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#15 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:15 AM

He might have meant Sharp Shooter II.

No, then I would've said SSII. If you're not a fan of the SS2, you're retarted.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#16 gordon

gordon

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:06 AM

I have never actually used the ss2. I just think it looks retarded. There are better guns out there so I am not going to waste my time or money on one.
kill or be killed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users