X*stream Modification

68 replies to this topic

#51 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 03:40 PM

Yea Hubbard got that. I dunno, it seems ok....still a bit underpowered compared to the Max Shot.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#52 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 04:48 PM

I haven't picked up either of the smaller guns yet.

I don't have a problem with them being under-powered compared to the Max Shot. My question is: how do the plungers compare to the LnL? If their displacement volume is >= the LnL, there is probably much we can do with them. Can someone give me an ID and length of plunger travel measured carefully in cm for either of the smaller guns?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#53 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:21 PM

I heard reports that the Triple Shot was getting 70 feet crayola'd. It comes with these super shitty missles (just like nerf missles), but it isn't too bad if they dont spin out. I suggest you PETG it, C, if you pick one up. It's essentially a higher-ROF, slightly lower range, and more compact, Blastfire. All you do is pop up the cocker, which is 1/3 as easy as the Max Shot cocker, and push it down, and fire. You can do this over and over, and you'd be a madmad. I'd say it's about the size of an SF, but a bit longer and skinnier in places.
I really like the cocking on these guns, it's sooo easy, and you get a lot of leverage with them.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#54 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:28 PM

I don't think I'd PETG any spring guns unless the air volume is very low and I used very short barrels... come on someone who has one measure the plunger tube for me!

#55 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 09:25 PM

are we talking about the orange x*stream air pistol thing aboot as big as an unmodded at2k? if so, the plunger tube is 7.5 cm long, and 2.125 cm in diameter (those are outside measurements, not ID. wall thickness is about 1 mm.) the exit hole of that is 2.5 cm long with a .5 cm OD.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#56 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 09:42 PM

Tri-barrel: ID- 7/16" Length- 3 1/16"

It looks great for a crayola barrel, and I'm working on it with my dad right now.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#57 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:10 PM

Many thanks. So the first shot has a larger diameter but slightly shorter plunger than the 3-shot does.

Hum.

The first shot sounds remarkably similar to an LnL plunger.

Hum.

Need to go back to TRU.

#58 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:48 AM

Keep me posted...just got back to the 'other island'; with no Max Shot, but 5 First Shots, minus the one I PVC modded/ gooped up. Oh well, I commute back in three weeks.

Sorry for not posting the measurements; see above. Thanks to those who did so I can follow you guys along with these mods. Man, these are cool guns. :lol:
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#59 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 05:25 PM

(My LNL tends to misfire like a 13 year old spankin off to Pam Anderson)

I know exactly what you mean...

I'm hoping that you're relating to the lnl misfiring and not the... :lol:
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#60 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:03 PM

Im gonna go pretty soon to buy a max shot. I have a feelin that they will be sold out though.
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#61 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:11 PM

Hey, has anybody spotted these guns at a different store besides Toys R Us?

#62 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:43 PM

They probably have them at Walmart. Usually any nerf gun that is sold at TRU is usually at Walmart also.

#63 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:11 PM

Wow, the Triple Shot is really underpowered. It's got a really dinky plunger, I was disappointed. I cut off the barrels to about 3/4" and then wrapped them in electrical tape and put the only barrel I could find, 4 inches of 17/32" brass. I haven't measured but it's nothing special, about 50. I think the best this will go is LnL range, but that will still be good because it has a very nice ROF.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#64 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 01:23 AM

They probably have them at Walmart. Usually any nerf gun that is sold at TRU is usually at Walmart also.

Yeah, except these aren't Nerf guns.

The only place they've been seen so far is TRU. It's not uncommon for a manufacturer with a new product to have trouble getting stores to stock it. If these guns sell well, not just to us but to consumers in general, you'll see stores like WalMart pick them up eventually.

The main problem Lanard has here is that TRU doesn't do the kind of volume they need in order to justify continued production. Hopefully they either have a lot of faith in this line and give it time, or have some good account reps who will hard sell it to more stores.

#65 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 01:32 AM

I went to TRU today and they were sold out of the Max shot. I had a feeling they would be though. I modded the TS-X stream and the flaw of the mod is the barrel needs more support because the only thing holding it is hot glue. Its probably going to need so epoxy and duct tape, lots of duct tape.

#66 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 02:38 PM

Vassilli: Thats probably because you left a pretty small hole for the air to come out of. The TS's barrels are really thin, too thin I think to provide enough power for a brass barrel.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#67 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 05:36 PM

I single barreled my Triple shot. All I had to do was was saw off the original barrel (the one attached to the plunger tube) drill out another big hole in the center (not so big that plunger shoots out when you fire) Glue on a coupler, then use a dremel to git rid of the parts blocking the closeure of the gun, I inserted a 3'' piece of pvc and the insert a crayola barrel. Now it gets better range than my LnL ever got. Wow that actually quite a bit. Just go buy yourself a max shot.

#68 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:22 PM

Single barreling it ruins the purpose. If you can get 50 feet with it than I'm very happy with that. If you and someone else miss eachother with your primaries, you can totally rush them with three very fast shots. And no ones going to rush you with three shots at your side.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#69 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 10:26 PM

I was thinking exactly what superadaquabat was thinking, if you can get three shots at 50 feet I will be perfectly happy. Why single barrel a TS when you can get a MS? I'm going to try and bore the passages as much as possible, but I'm definitely leaving the rotating barrels on.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users