Photo

Armageddon Planning Thread

137 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:59 PM

Lets get the ball rolling on this so people can start planning their trips. As an administrative note, though Vacc's participation seems questionable at this point, he has graciously donated the Armageddon™ name for the summer war in SoCal.

This is the biggest and baddest Nerf war around and I'd like to expand the whole east-coast meets west-coast thing and get some people here from other areas. Hopefully as more nerfers get their own cars we'll start seeing some road trip action for this war.

If you know you are going to be in the Los Angeles area in June, let us know when so we can try to match schedules.

If there is a possibility that you could get to Los Angeles in June, lets start discussing transportation. For the (relatively) close areas in the western states, it would be cool if we could hook up some carpools so that more people can come.

If you are a YANO regular and a particular weekend in June is bad for you, let us know.

Discuss!
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 05:04 PM

I'll start begging my folks. Make sure it is in late June, my school gets out in mid-June.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#3 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 05:35 PM

Yha I'm proply comeing. :P

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 06:26 PM

Any weekend in June is fine for me, I'll just be in summer school during the week.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 11:29 PM

i should be able to make it. hopefully with a full car this time. is the war time going to be the usual 9-5, or the traditional extended daylight savings armageddon war time: 9-6? getting a ride should be fine, and i am really hoping that we can get some neighborhood driving participation besides my dad; but it should all work out fine by the war date.

VACC, i miss you. it will break my heart if you don't come out to Armageddon. Get up off your couch, give your tv a break, and come out here and war. i will do whatever i possibly can to see to it that you war with us in June.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:31 AM

Not to sound confrontational, but I'd recommend the traditional Armageddon times of 10-7pm. It'll still be plenty light out by 7, and we'll need the extra hour to sleep and beat traffic. OMG, 9 hours is going to rock you guys all over again. Would you believe that 2 years ago we did TWO 9 hours wars in one week? I don't know how we did it either.....

As for you Vacc.......Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? I get it, you're afraid right? Afraid that maybe THIS time I'll BEAT you?! IS THAT IT YOU PUSSY?!! Ha, you're pathetic.....You should take that lame-ass duct tape monstrosity you call a Crossbow and shoot it at your eye. Oh wait, it's probably not powerful enough....For hate's sake I spit at thee!
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 09:32 AM

he has graciously donated the Armageddonâ„¢ name for the summer war in SoCal.

I hate you so much it hurts.

VACC

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 10:35 AM

I hate you so much it hurts.

VACC

But what about when I came to visit you? We were walking in the park and you said "don't worry, even if I can't come out for Armageddon, you can still use the name". And I said "It's not about the name dummy... I love you you bitch!"

Well now it's about the name... you broke my heart and I'm taking what I can get!

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 03:06 PM

Um...  ;)

.....wait, you didn't know?

#10 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 11:26 PM

Anytime between the 13th and the 22 would be bad for me. But don't feel bad or anything if you have it hten, i'll be in JAPAN!!! Woohoo! Really lookin forward to it though. By the way, is hand to hand allowed?
Happiness is a foam gun.

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 12:46 AM

By the way, is hand to hand allowed?

Iie!

This isn't entirely appropriate because culturally you can't really say 'no' in Japanese so...

Hell no!

That's much more satisfying anyhow, don't you think?

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 01:12 AM

If _I_ had any say in the war _I_ coined the name for, then _I_ would suggest that the only hand to hand combat be held in a thunderdome style tournament where 2 men could enter, and one would leave. However, since is seems that _I_ am not of importance, you can probably just eat shit and die...in a good way

VACC

#13 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 04:45 PM

Lets see, seeing as how June is right after my birthday, lets think on what I''l get that'll help me out with this. Either, I get a car, which would help me get there. I get money, which would help me get guns. Or, I get my Bass petal for my Bass. Which I would love more then anything right now. Seeing as how I want to add distortion to my Bass. Now, on the other hand, I think we're up to two good guns, and counting. Good guns to me, means, long range. We've also always got a load of autos. And some guns, maybe I should just take my time, and mod them, like I've always said I was going to. But that would require time. Ok, heres an idea. The later you guys plan armegeddon, the better. Considering most of us are out of school, is it also possible to do during the week?
www.Gainsae.com

#14 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:01 PM

During the week would raise tons of ride problems, most kids' parents work during the week.

#15 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:21 PM

Ahem. Some of us... well, maybe just me... work 9-5 jobs.

I'm thinking Saturday at this point. Nobody does anything on Sunday so that gives people time to recover afterwards.

#16 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:06 PM

Let's see to make Armageddon, I would need: $400 for shipping of guns/ammo, my airline ticket, lodging, some adult to pick me up (17 was so good until now), and my parents permission. It's not that far! All I need to is to convince my parents to let me fly across the country and have someone pick me up at the airport, and they will have never met that person. Damn it! I really wish I could gp. :(
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#17 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 07:40 PM

I'd pick you up. If you needed money, we could just rob someone, it's easy!

#18 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:30 PM

Or, I get my Bass petal for my Bass. Which I would love more then anything right now. Seeing as how I want to add distortion to my Bass.

wha! bass + distortion = loser.

During the week would raise tons of ride problems, most kids' parents work during the week.

amen to that, brutha'

I'm thinking Saturday at this point. Nobody does anything on Sunday so that gives people time to recover afterwards.

agreed, sunday is no good for 10 hours of nerf. too tiring.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#19 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Batman @ Apr 21 2003, 02:45 PM)
Or, I get my Bass petal for my Bass. Which I would love more then anything right now. Seeing as how I want to add distortion to my Bass.  

wha! bass + distortion = loser.

Uh, no. Bass + Distortion = Josh makes lead solo's. Which eventually makes Josh a millionair, because he would eventually become so famous, and so good, he would make it in some great band....Yeah, I wish. No, but a bass pedal would be good for me. I mean, come on. Its just sweet. Being able to distort the bass is really cool. I seen it in this one band, yeah...I love that bass...Anyway. I either get that or a car...most likly, I'll get my dad's truck, which would be nice.
www.Gainsae.com

#20 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 10:38 AM

i think that steve and the gang can come i also have a friend that wants to come and hes pretty resonsible, school ends the 20th for me
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#21 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 05:15 PM

I know that I said I was leaving Nerf, but im back. I just needed about a month off to think about school and stuff. Count me in baby!!!
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#22 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:27 PM

I'll come ! How long would it take from maryland to So Cal on a Greyhound bus ? Hmm... I guess that would present a problem...
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#23 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 02:41 PM

You could take an Amtrak, and be here in a few days... I think.
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#24 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 05:49 PM

Well, Im free ALL of summer, becuase my europe trip has been cancled. I would love to get everyone down there:
Myself
My Bro
Ozzy
Barney
Hal
Goo
Nick
Other Nick
Paul
and whoever else I'm forgetting
~SS

#25 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 06:18 PM

So what's the chance of that happening? Get some of those guys signed up on the forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users