Do Airtechs Suck?

they stink

11 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:56 PM

My airtech 2000 realy stunk out of the box.It wouldn't even shoot the dart half the time.Is this normal?How can I improve it's proformance? ;)

AClakeside,I have crap sqat,notta,zip.Nothing but hot glue gun and stuff to open the thing up.

Oh,and what the heck are restrictores?

Edited by Nerfnewbie, 19 December 2004 - 12:00 PM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 ACLakeside

ACLakeside

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:01 PM

This is pretty normal, but you are in luck because it is great once you modify it. Post what materials do you have and I can help you with a mod.

#3 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:02 PM

Let me be the first to say unless you're gonna mod your at2k, you wasted 10 bucks on 2 pieces of plastic and crap. I had the same problem. So unless your gonna mod it, return it for a couple of NF's or more darts. Just a suggestion. I suppose this motto holds true for all air techs.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#4 ACLakeside

ACLakeside

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

Okay, so first off you'll need to decide what barrel material to use, to make it single or multi-barreled, and any other extra things you might want to do(paint it, add a strap, integrate with other guns, etc.)

For barrel materials, you could choose from copper, brass, PETG, CPVC, PVC. In this case, you'll probably want to use micros(they go farther because they are smaller and you have more barrel choices) so we can rule out the 1/2 PVC. Now we have the other 4. Brass is probably the best because it comes in various sizes to get a perfect fit for the dart. It is also the most expensive at around $2.50 a foot and can dent fairly easily. Next best would most likely be PETG. PETG is a clear plastic tube that is fairly hard to find(you will probably have to order online. It is very light and costs between $.75 - $1.50 a foot. Copper usually as a pretty loose fit on the darts, so I wouldn't recommend it for the Air Tech 2000. Also, it is fairly heavy and I'm not sure on the pricing, but I think it is around PETG prices. CPVC is very tight fitting but I prefer it because it has pretty good range and is very cheap($3.00 for 10 feet) and available as it can be found at any hardware store.

Now, you need to decide whether to make it single or multi-barreled. The advantages of single barrel are better range (by about 10 to 20 feet) and you can make a breech loader for faster ROF(rate of fire). However, range isn't everything and you may want to consider a multi-barrel mod for a pretty fast ROF but you will need a ramrod(in most cases).

Edited by ACLakeside, 19 December 2004 - 12:31 AM.

#5 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:09 PM

Yes it sucks straight outa the box but once modded....

#6 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:30 PM

Do Airtechs Suck?
They stink

Geez, you're like my mum, you ask a question and give me the answer.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#7 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:59 AM

Do Airtechs Suck?
They stink

Geez, you're like my mum, you ask a question and give me the answer.

Amen brother
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#8 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:33 AM

You have hotglue?
Plug the pressure release valve in the pump.

You have fingers?
Rip the restrictors out.

You have good A2k now?
Yes.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#9 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:12 PM

*cups hands* oooompaaaaa...

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:36 PM

Damnit people, this is biting into my precalc homework time.

Ok, this is a GENERAL RULE THAT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED 99% OF THE TIME:

ALL stock guns suck. Now, never EVER say a gun sucks (ok there are a few, but very rare, and very obvious exceptions), because almost all guns can be modded to shoot well. Simply put, don't put up a topic saying a gun sucks if there are mods for it. And there are tons of mods for the Airtech 2000, search around, use common sense, or whatever, but for christ's sake search a bit more before posting that.

Sorry this isn't very complete, but I have to do my god damn precalc. I can't post much until winter break, can't waste that much time.

~ompa

#11 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:39 PM

I not talking about mods mostly.I know the mods,just havent done them yet.I wanted to know if everybodys' sucked strait out of the box because mine was unusualy crappy. :D
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#12 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:06 PM

I not talking about mods mostly.I know the mods,just havent done them yet.I wanted to know if everybodys' sucked strait out of the box because mine was unusualy crappy. 

Don't worry, all of the stock air techs are unusually crappy. After I saw my stock AT3K fire, I was hoping the petg mod to get the gun to fire 30ft, once I did mod it, it shot 60ft flat.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users