Photo

Hornet Problem

4 replies to this topic

#1 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:21 PM

Yesterday I cut off the barrels and replaced them with 1.5" barrel stubs intending to mod it the same way I did my 2k(multi barreled breech).I did not try and drill out the white disks though I did drill out the air restricters about a month ago, and yesterday I think it was holding air fine.Today I finished the mod and went out to test it.The darts flew maybe 30 feet.Disapointed I went back in to examine it, and when I presurized it the air started leaking out of both the top barrels very rapidly but when I pull the trigger so that the 3rd barrel is ready to fire it doesn't leak.I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this other than plugging the faultly barrels up.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#2 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:04 PM

Blew a valve is most likely, that's what I did to mine.

#3 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:59 AM

Valve shaft misalignment? When you get to those troubled barells, pump it about three extra times. It will shove the valve pin back in place.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#4 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:57 AM

Valve shaft misalignment? When you get to those troubled barells, pump it about three extra times. It will shove the valve pin back in place.

Actually, I believe that is what just happened to my SM5k, however pumping it about three times extra is what knocked it out

Hmm, I may be mistaken but aren't the hornet's barrels each fed air by seperate tubes? If the hornet is the internals i'm thinking of, then I read somewhere that the tubes are prone to leakages... check for leaks in the connections to the barrels, and good luck.

EDIT: Punctuation is your friend, but it sure likes to kick you in the shin :w00t: .

Edited by Oddball, 20 December 2004 - 08:58 AM.

#5 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:33 PM

On my uncle's suggestion I blew air down the barrels with an air compressor and it knocked what ever was in the way out of the way as my gun's working fine now.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users