Bbb Arrows

...Purple?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thief

Thief

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:16 PM

I recently got bought an extra set of the arrows from Nerf's web site, but when I opened the package I realized that the arrows were longer, purple, and had suction cups on the front of them. I used to have red Arrows that shot a decient distance, these new purple ones sometimes don't make it off the front of the gun. Any suggestions on what I should do?
You can lead a dog to China Town, but you can't be sure that it will be there in about an hour.

#2 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:27 PM

Check the hole in the back. This is esy stuff, if the hole is too big, air will leak out and it wont shoot good. If the hole is too small, it will be too tight and wont come off, but you know this already. Also, this wouldnt stop it from coming off the gun, but removing the suction cups will give you slightly better range.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#3 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:17 PM

You got Target Master arrows, not regular arrows.

A suggestion for better range:
Chop off the enough of the front of the arrow (you probably don't care about the suction cup anyway) to leave you with a smaller arrow, about 7" long. Use a saw; a hacksaw will cut it (pun intended), but I use an X-Acto fine-tooth backsaw because it makes a cleaner cut. Wrap the front tightly in dcut tape to taper it and make it a bit more aerodynamic.
I cut all my arrows shorter, they get a better range, don't get bent as much, and don't take up as much space in your pockets.

Edited by okto, 17 December 2004 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Thief

Thief

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:37 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped me, The arrows now shoot faster, and more accurately than any of my other guns.
You can lead a dog to China Town, but you can't be sure that it will be there in about an hour.

#5 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:15 AM

I’m glad to see other people still use the arrows too. When modding x-bow, bbb, and other guns meant to shoot arrows I try to keep the option of shooting arrows available as well. It is a lot harder to argue a hit from an arrow, and when thrown they fly fairly well with some practice.

#6 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:57 PM

I agree. I like my more powerful guns (Xbow, SS2, AT/SM series when properly modded) to be able to shoot all ammo. I use threaded couplers on all my guns so my barrels are interchangeable.

#7 Nerfdude

Nerfdude

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

i've got a few of those... i found it worked really well to just yank the suction cup and its entire stem out, and then fill the cavity with hot glue.
-Nerfdude Classic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users