Photo

College!

56 replies to this topic

#1 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:51 PM

Hey guys!! Guess who's back? Not really but I've got *BIG* news! I got *accepted* to Virginia Tech (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University). I applied early decision. First choice and only school I applied too, and it's binding so I have to go there. I'm really excited and I can't wait until next fall.

Anwaysy... that's my big news, and because of that I may be selling most of my nerf stuff (yes... sadly that might mean leaving nerf once and for all). However I might start a club or something with it at VT, so no one is getting my LnL or other choice guns. Those babies are mine... <_<
Go Hokies!

#2 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 11:49 PM

Gee... College... woot. Congratulations on a bunch more school and stress.

Edited by Ash, 15 December 2004 - 11:51 PM.

Name's Ash, Housewares

#3 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 11:51 PM

Congrats! Hold on to your gear tho. Nerf is a blast at college, and there is always someone willing to run around like an idiot. Isnt that what college is all about? <_<
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#4 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 11:55 PM

That, and there's always vacations... Vacations are good.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#5 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:13 AM

It's fucking unbelievable, I'm just finishing my first semester.

That's great you got into your first choice, you're going to love it.

Edited by merlinski, 16 December 2004 - 01:13 AM.

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:21 AM

College was fun for the first couple years.

The next few were alright I guess.

The four or five after that were pretty shitty.

It's been downhill since then.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

Just major in communications....seriously....I mean, yeah I'll get a better job and all but....fuck it, communications.

VACC

#8 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:58 AM

Or a business degree, it's really freakin boring. Trust me, a bunch of my friends are gettin theirs and they hate it.

~Da BK~
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#9 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

Go You! My brother and 3 of my cousins are up at Tech, it's a great place. That's where i'm planning on going.

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:13 PM

Or a business degree, it's really freakin boring. Trust me, a bunch of my friends are gettin theirs and they hate it.

~Da BK~

....That was the whole point....I'm a business major......I was telling him to get a degree in communications because it's NOT hard....ya see.....never mind

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 03:54 PM

Congratulations! :ph34r: My brother goes to Penn State and he loves it. Is Virginia Tech a big school or a pretty small one?
SexD Warves

#12 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

College can be fun, as long as you go into something you truly enjoy. In my personal experience, it was okay, but I got bored with it really fast because I found that my degree was something I wouldn't enjoy anyway. After I fix up my house and sell it, I think I might hightail it to Florida and go to Full Sail. Over there, they teach really good game development, which is something that I really find fun to work with having already devoted a majority of my life to video, card, and board games.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#13 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:44 PM

Who DOESN'T enjoy "working" with video games?Don't major in fashion, its ok but my cousin who goes to kent state university says it can be rather boring at times, just looking at clothes all day.
:ph34r: Congrats!!! :)
Black Masks & Gasoline

#14 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

Congrats. What do you want to major in?
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#15 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:21 PM

After I fix up my house and sell it, I think I might hightail it to Florida and go to Full Sail. Over there, they teach really good game development, which is something that I really find fun to work with having already devoted a majority of my life to video, card, and board games.

Dude, Full Sail sounds nice. I was checking it out as well since graphic design and stuff is something I really enjoy. Maybe I'll see you there and we can nerf some day. hehe
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#16 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:03 PM

um correct me if im wrong but doesnt everyone's favorite shindig go to VT? Could this be a sign from god. Would Paul actually finally have something in common with a member of the opposite sex? who wouldn't be 1000 miles away? If this isn't proof there is a god, then frankly i don't know what is.
I hate you.

#17 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:47 PM

Is Virginia Tech a big school or a pretty small one?

Hehe... they have their own power plant... does that help any? And yes, shindig does go to VT. Hm... are you trying to set me up as well? How old is shindig? Hopefully I'm going to major in Medical Engineering or Genetic Engineering, something like that, not sure yet.
Go Hokies!

#18 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:57 AM

Congrats on making it to college.
~Halfling

#19 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 08:52 AM

~Da BK~

Don’t be knocking the business degree. Mine got me overseas for a year and a half. The trick to classes is to make them fun, if you have that down then your set.

#20 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:21 AM

Nah, I'm just saying all my friends hate it. I'm going to law school, or medical.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#21 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:00 PM

Is Virginia Tech a big school or a pretty small one?

Hehe... they have their own power plant... does that help any? And yes, shindig does go to VT. Hm... are you trying to set me up as well? How old is shindig? Hopefully I'm going to major in Medical Engineering or Genetic Engineering, something like that, not sure yet.

That really isn't any sort of gauge to the size of the school so much as how cool the tech-geeks there are. The powerplant there supplies power and heat for the campus as well as supplies power to the surrounding towns and such. It's more of a novelty than a neccessity. It's a damn cool idea, but I'm fairly sure a school such as Rutgers up here in NJ has more students (though I'm not sure) and they have no power plant. Why? Because they are greedy fuckers. VT is not.

I have a couple friends that go up there too... one of them is one of the smartest guys i've ever known. IN any case, I hear it's a pretty cool place.

Edited by Ash, 17 December 2004 - 12:01 PM.

Name's Ash, Housewares

#22 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:51 PM

Congrats on getting in to your first choice, that's quite a personal accomplishment.

I have a few friends at VA Tech, they seem to really like it up there. Sounds like you already know what direction you're headed in, so I don't need to tell you to not make art your major. That is, unless, you like getting sodomized by loads of work and putting up with quirky socio-political art intellectual types all day long.

Anywho, congrats!

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#23 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:22 PM

so I don't need to tell you to not make art your major. That is, unless, you like getting sodomized by loads of work and putting up with quirky socio-political art intellectual types all day long.

Bleck... art... I'm not an art person... I can draw some, but now well enough to go to school in it, and I refused to take any art courses during high school.
Go Hokies!

#24 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:05 PM

pshhhh... screw college, I'm going straight to professional nerfing!

Actually I'm right at that point where I start recieving those acceptance/rejection letters (thankfully none of the latter yet)as I'm a senior as well this year. Now comes the decision part. So far my choices are Michigan, Notre Dame, and the US Naval Academy, still waiting to hear from Cornell and the US Merchant Marine Academy. At any of them I'll be majoring in undecidedness, but I'll probably end up as an engineer. Either way I'll probably be joining some of you east coast guys for some wars in the next few years if they happen to be somewhere near me (and if they let me out of the millitary schools once in awhile :) )
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#25 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:34 PM

Hell yeah, If I'm east coast or Stanford/UCLA, ...you know where I'll be on weekends!
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users