Jump to content


Sharpshooter Ii

plunger question

1 reply to this topic

#1 ompa



  • Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:47 PM

Ah, the glory of finally asking a question in so long.

Alright, I was wondering if anyone knows what plunger head from which gun would be able to serve as a replacement for the Sharpshooter II. My Sharpshooter II plunger head has gone down the crapper, and is mis-formed in so many different spots. I've attempting using masking tape to create somewhat of a seal, but I know that a replacement would be better. Any options short of creating a whole new plunger head using o-rings (which I might end up doing), would be greatly apprecaited.

I've also heard that heating the plunger head up will allow me to in a sense reform the head. If anyone has tried this, with success, please let me know as well, as I don't want to risk deforming the thing any further.


Edited by ompa, 12 December 2004 - 12:52 PM.

  • 0

#2 Fuse



  • Members
  • 343 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, GA

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:28 PM

Yes, heat will give it some malleability and then if you let it cool in that position it should help reform it, but you need to be very careful not to just melt it.
  • 0
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users