Nerf Mod For Any Gun

Hear you opponents from afar

17 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:57 PM

Ok,so here's the deal.Every single lifeform on Nerfhaven hates me.So I want to straighten my reputation with this mod.Buy one of those stupid spy listiner thingies and tape it to your gun.Put the earphone in your ear and vuala!You'll be able to here losers rustling around.Then you can go kill them.

To:Large moose. Actualy,the listener works realy well.

Edited by Nerfnewbie, 11 December 2004 - 03:06 PM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:00 PM

That [/I]might[I] help in a Nerf war. Just hope the enemy doesn't come at you screaming or your ear might get blasted with sound. :D

#3 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:01 PM

Sorry, but I don't see how this works, wouldn't you just be hearing your gun firing? I have no idea how this has any significant value what-so-ever. If you mean the DART, it probably wouldn't even work...since I doubt those spy ear things can listen 10ft+ away...
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#4 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:07 PM

Actually I recently read about some high-tech sound frequency decipherers that NASA was working on to possibly pick up faint low-freq signals in space.

However...
Indiana '11

#5 macman

macman

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:22 PM

I wouldn't call this a mod, really, but its a cool idea.

Some of the spy-ear doohickeys do work, I've played with a couple... I'm not even sure how they work, but they can be fun. They work around maybe 20 ft. or more, depending on how expensive they are.

And, Nerfnewbie, don't worry, we still hate you! :) Just messing, dude.
\m/-.-\m/

#6 firesavage

firesavage

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:33 PM

Im gonna have to agree with moose, those things can only hear about 10ft away, so i wouldnt exactly call that a loser...but it might be a good idea to get a step ahead on someone going stealth.

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:23 PM

What's with the mass posting the days that I have debate tournies...

Anyways, Nerfnewbie, not everyone here hates you, it's just you're posting alot of questions that have been answered already/could have been combined into one topic. Try not to ask so many questions right away, try combining the topics. Or even better, PM someone with your questions; preferably someone that doesn't have an extremely short temper online. Or even better, PM me with questions and I'll do my best to answer. That way, you avoid the risk of posting wierd questions, AND you get help.

Don't worry about people hating you anyways, it's a stage most newbies on NH go through. It's not a very new-people-friendly place, so don't take it personally.

~ompa

#8 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:01 AM

Or, as some people would say:

No, it's personal.

Indiana '11

#9 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:30 AM

You better get one that auto-limits the sound or your own gun is going to deafen you. You also need to tape it VERY well and put some padding between the gun and the device or you will hear it every time you move your gun.

Personally I would never use this. Ive got pretty sharp ears, and it drives me insane to have anything obstructing them during a war.

Edited by >Fuse<, 12 December 2004 - 01:31 AM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#10 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:23 AM

I've got one that's about, well, its much smaller than a match-box.

The sheer power and range of this thing is simply incredible. When i hear family talking downstairs its painful on the ears.

And this is only like a cheapo $2-store one that i got in a stocking.

The only downfall of this, as pointed out earlier, is its sensitivity. Firing the gun would be deafening[sp]. Not to mention, the sound of rustling of clothes, and running or even walking with this thing is over-powering. It's just not practical. Well, on a high setting at least. But if you lower the setting, you also lower your range, either way, its a comprimise.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#11 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:45 AM

I suppose if you had a wireless one and hid it on a commonly used route, it could be a good warning system, but that's about it, assuming you want to keep your eardrums when you shoot a dart. Especially in a spring gun.
Spectre of the CFM

#12 macman

macman

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:03 PM

ooo, an FRS radio, an adapter, and a long-range hearing system in a fixed position... that could be fun.
\m/-.-\m/

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

If it helps, I still don't like you.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, but you don't like alot of people Talio.

Or what you COULD do is rig up one of those $24.99 motion detector things, set your 3 motion detectors in certain areas, and the central reception thing on your gun, so you know when certain people cross the detectors.

~ompa

#15 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:15 PM

Im gonna have to agree with moose, those things can only hear about 10ft away, so i wouldnt exactly call that a loser...but it might be a good idea to get a step ahead on someone going stealth.

You people are douche bags.

They make Bionic Ears (yeah, that's what they are usually called) that work up to 500ft away..

I hate you all.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#16 macman

macman

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

You're welcome!
\m/-.-\m/

#17 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

You people are douche bags.

They make Bionic Ears (yeah, that's what they are usually called) that work up to 500ft away..

Yes, they (we? dunno if I'm included in that group) are.

Ah yes, I do remember that when I was 8 my friend Vic and I were playing with some bionic ear toy thingies. It was pretty cool actually, because we listened in on what my mom was telling my sister and then we acted all uber-smart and such. Course, she didn't buy it, but it was fun. While it lasted. But still, I'd take one of those NASA thingies over bionic ears, any day.
Indiana '11

#18 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:55 PM

I suppose you are not part of that group.... yet.
Name's Ash, Housewares

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users