Photo

Christmas Day Poll

38 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will you be Christmas day? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Where will you be Christmas day?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:29 PM

You can send me a pie...

~ompa

#27 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:40 AM

Hey, VACC has enough folks cooking. Wanna toss some my way bud?
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#28 Inferno

Inferno

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:43 AM

Let's see....one of my Christmas presents this year will be a ski-trip paid for by the rents, December 18-24. I think I'm getting only one other present than that, but I don't care. I can't friggin' wait to go skiing.

As for Christmas day, I will be with the family. Good memories...
My dad will bang on my door, throw it open, hit my toes with an open-palm and yell "Get out of that bed!", then leave. I'll stumble out of bed sleepily, throw on some clothes and ooze down the stairs to eat an awesome breakfast. Good stuff.

Oh and taita, it's about 65 degrees right now in Austin. This weather rocks.
"I figured out what was wrong with your vacuum. Turns out a half-eaten meatball was clogging up the intake."
"Oh...well, did ya save it?"
"Uh-no."
"...You bastard."
-Family Guy

#29 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:11 AM

Off Topic, but taita, you might find this interesting for your new iPod. :)
http://www.engadget....34000610023097/

o.O Checking it out now, thanks a lot for the link. Taking ages to load mind you. Correction, its taking years to load. :blink:

And, on another note, to those of you who arn't of the christmas faith, devout muslim and such, bad luck, but to those who insist on buying presents for only one family member in a chris-cringle manner, you just plain suck. It just isn't christmas. Sure, it may be easier to buy for someone, and it may be cheaper, but it just isn't christmas!

Dude, Christmas isnt about gifts... Well ok, it is now, but it shouldnt be.

Oh yeah, i completely understand, and i never meant receiving gifts, last christmas was mad, i was wrapping everything, being a creative, decorative little beast, with gifts that really seemed to fit and, well, i had never felt the christmas spirit as strongly and as enjoyably as then. I understood the christmas spirit for a second there.

Anyway, no matter how much everything else rocks, getting together with all the family, a nice summer breakfast outside, all that, nothing still beats the gifts :blush: :D

I checked out that link, it didn't load for 15 minutes, but i reconnected now, and it works like an absolute gun. Will that work with an iPod mini? iPod mini's are black and white right? Bugger ... :nugget:

EDIT: Yeah, i read on, its still a bit of a bummer only being colour with the iPod Photo, but this will still rock. Nemo art for the iPod!

Edited by taita_cakes, 10 December 2004 - 03:14 AM.

Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#30 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:19 AM

Ompa, at least you can finish your homemades :nugget:.

Yeah my family was exactly like that in the past years...but this year we've got some condos down in Gulf Shores...playing halo...for some odd...reason...
Indiana '11

#31 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:47 AM

Ompa, at least you can finish your homemades :nugget:.

Yeah my family was exactly like that in the past years...but this year we've got some condos down in Gulf Shores...playing halo...for some odd...reason...

I Really don't see why people like Gulf Shores, I would much rather go to Myrtle Beach or Panama City.

Anyway, No pie for you!....It's all about VACC this holiday season.

(god that was some major sucking up, and not in a good way)
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#32 owentheobiwan

owentheobiwan

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:16 AM

Gulf Shores rocks! I go body-surfing every chance I get.

That was a bit off topic. Merry Christmas! I'll be paintballing...
Jelly-bacon. The food of the gods.

"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix with my hands." - Batman, "The Dark Knight Returns"

#33 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:18 AM

Let's see....one of my Christmas presents this year will be a ski-trip paid for by the rents, December 18-24. I think I'm getting only one other present than that, but I don't care. I can't friggin' wait to go skiing...

I'm getting a ski package for Christmas too. (Along with my brother) I get to go 6 times. :nugget: Man I love skiing...
~Halfling

#34 Inferno

Inferno

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:39 AM

Let's see....one of my Christmas presents this year will be a ski-trip paid for by the rents, December 18-24. I think I'm getting only one other present than that, but I don't care. I can't friggin' wait to go skiing...

I'm getting a ski package for Christmas too. (Along with my brother) I get to go 6 times. :D Man I love skiing...
~Halfling

Oh yeah, it's like a drug...maybe something to do with the powder....

Actually this trip will coincide with my older brother Daniel's ski trip. He's taking his wife's family for their first ever ski trip. It just happened that my other brother David and I were invited by our friend from Arkansas. We will be in Colorado the same dates, and be staying relatively close to each other, skiing the same mountain (Mary Jane). Big relief for Dan because QUOTE "THANK GOD YOUR GOING. Otherwise I'd just be skiing by myself while my in-laws take lessons."

Weird how this stuff works out...and somehow I got off from work to go ski on the busiest shopping days for Target.
"I figured out what was wrong with your vacuum. Turns out a half-eaten meatball was clogging up the intake."
"Oh...well, did ya save it?"
"Uh-no."
"...You bastard."
-Family Guy

#35 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:56 PM

Yup, skiing is like a drug.

Has anyone seen the new Warren Miller film "IMPACT"? It looks like a potential Christmas gift.
~Halfling

#36 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:12 AM

Maybe I'll get an XBOX for Christmas....oh wait, I forgot, my parents won't let me drop to C's in all my classes...
Indiana '11

#37 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:19 PM

Well, technically I will be skiing on Christmas Eve and coming home early Christmas Day, but its so early that I put with family because either way, I'm with the family, and we'll be around the tree about 7 hours after we get home.

And btw Ompa, iRivers are not worth their money. The battery lasts only about 4 hours, and sometimes it will stop playing for no reason. Just get an iPod. More bang for your buck, easier to use, and it actually works.

I just got a 20 GB iPod for my b-day yay!!! It was actually 3 days early, but whatever! Now I just need to get some music on it... Crap. I have too much music! Wait, that's kind of a good thing... I still don't have enough to fill my 'Pod up though.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 12 December 2004 - 10:44 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#38 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

Actually my dad has an iRiver. The battery lasts about triple what you just said, if not more, and I've never had any problems with it stopping in the middle of anything. It's actually a better, more functional, slightly larger, much more expensive version of the iPod. And it's made by a different company. But since I only have a 20GB iPod, i say this.

I piss in your iRiver.
Spectre of the CFM

#39 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, but thats pretty broad. That's like saying the iPod has a 4 hour battery life. That's true, but thats an iPod mini. It depends on what he's talking about.

On topic, i dont have much to say, just that i hope your christmas just plain rocks. Oh, and i have checked out some of that iPod hacking stuff, it looks simply awesome.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users