post them here

16 replies to this topic

#1 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

Alright, well, I'm going to start a 3-week-long topic here. I'd like everyone here to post their common problems with nerf guns (modification or usage). Yes, all of them, even the stupid ones. I'll then compile all of them together, answer all of them in a nice format, and send it to Cxwq to hopefully become a sort of self-help guide to troubleshooting. Post away, I don't care how old the topic gets, it's something that can be revised.

Why can't I think of any problems? Because I've never really gone out to a nerf war, hence haven't really ran into any problems.

Why should you post YOUR problems instead of writing an article yourself? Because chances are you have less time than me, or are lazier than me. And why not dump the work into someone else's hands?

~ompa

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:13 AM

Dear Ompa,

I can make a holster that rocks.

The harness it's attached to is another matter entirely. I haven't been able to create anything that fills the following two needs:
  • holster is held completely motionless against either my thigh or chest and stays put even when I draw a snug fitting pistol
  • harness does not impede motion of legs or arms in any way
My current version is a pair of 1" nylon straps with Fastech buckles run around my waist and thigh with a 1" x 1' strap with loops sewn in either end to bridge the two and run down my outer thigh. The holster is denim with a coat hanger frame and is slotted at the top and bottom to run the vertical strap through. It meets the first criteria great, but after about 2 or 3 minutes running and dodging the straps start slipping in various directions and I end up on the ground.

Please help.

-Hogtied in SoCal
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:06 AM

I have trouble ataching new barrels to guns. Like, the hot-glue just doesn't dry, so, how long should it take for hot-glue to dry?
~Halfling

#4 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:46 PM

What type of glue is strong enough, relativly cheap, and is easy to find for leaks or small cracks in pump shafts/plunger tube/pressure chamber?
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#5 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:24 PM

I have trouble getting barrels on straight when there is more than one. Like my NFs are straight, but my blastfire and ATs the barrels all end up pointing in different directions.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#6 Nerfy BuNNy

Nerfy BuNNy

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:31 PM

Problems with nerf guns:

Never perform as good as you want them to

Someone always comes along and breaks!

Stupid Hot glue doesnt stay on cpvc and plastic.

Cant get barrels straight...

The mod never works out.

Never have anything that you need to mod in reach.

bye

#7 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:15 PM

Nerf Bunny, Its called practice. Everyone's first couple mods don't work out but soon enough you'll get the hang of it and start thinking up your own mods. Just keep trying , oh and most of the supplies you'll need can be found at a normal hardware store and remember crayola barrels often work.

edit: sorry Ompa, I couldn't help myself...

Edited by CheeseNerfer, 05 December 2004 - 08:16 PM.

"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:22 PM

Dangit Cx. However, I WILL come up with a solution- however, I can't garuntee it'll be comfortable.

Thanks guys, I'll start to get a list up and running within a few days. However, I have a huge, and confusing physics lab to do in the next 2 days, so expect it after that.

Keep posting anything!

Cheese don't worry about it, you're pretty much right on all counts. Thanks.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 05 December 2004 - 08:22 PM.

#9 Nerfy BuNNy

Nerfy BuNNy

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

Nerf Bunny, Its called practice. Everyone's first couple mods don't work out but soon enough you'll get the hang of it and start thinking up your own mods. Just keep trying , oh and most of the supplies you'll need can be found at a normal hardware store and remember crayola barrels often work.

edit: sorry Ompa, I couldn't help myself...

:lol:

ITs more like, I can get the barrels straight but I can never rip off the existing barrels off straight... :(

With my AT2k, I rip the first one straight the rest like crack the plastic at the bottom, its so lame... I dont even have like a sander thingy to sand it perfectly down, and my parents do not support nerf.

#10 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:18 PM

Me guns like to break, even when they're just laying around.

I have the opposite problem of cx. I need a good holster, because they always break. And please don't let it be made of cardboard.

>>>NSF

Edited by nerfspecialforces, 05 December 2004 - 10:19 PM.

QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#11 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:39 AM

However, I WILL come up with a solution- however, I can't garuntee it'll be comfortable.
~Ompa

Why do they call them chip clips anyway? Everybody knows you just stick 'em on yer wang. They should call them 'Wang Clips'

A: On adhesives, everything bonds better when you rough it up with sandpaper first and wash it with warm possibly soapy water.

Q: Integrations suck, arguably because homemade trigger mechanisms suck. What are the best ways to mount a crossbow integration and hook up a workable trigger that allows you to fire both guns with one hand if you wanted to. I'll take your answer for air guns or spring guns integrated.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#12 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:04 PM

Me guns like to break, even when they're just laying around.

I have the opposite problem of cx. I need a good holster, because they always break. And please don't let it be made of cardboard.

>>>NSF

I my experience the key to a durable holster is duct tape. If you do a neat job a duct tape, coat hanger, and cloth holster will last a long time, though you may need to reshape the wire hanger after a war. My LnL and one of my NFs have smooth custom holsters. Over the break I plan to finish modding my NFs and try to find a way to rig dual holsters slung under my arm (cant remember what those types are called, the ones you see on detective shows all the time).

#13 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:24 PM

shoulder holsters

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#14 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:59 AM

Sorry for dragging this topic up, but it's not that old.
I have an idea for a solution to cx's problem.
You have a hip holster on your belt as always, but rather than putting a strap around your thigh why not sew a small snap into your pants and the holster. When you aren't nerfing it would be small enough so as not to look weird, but when you are nerfing since it is attached directly to the pants there would be no strap to move around and get bunched up. Also, I dont know about anyone else, but I usually only have two pairs of "nerf" pants that are my favorites for warring, and it wouldnt be hard at all to sew snaps onto one or two pairs of pants.

Just a thought.

#15 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:21 AM

Sorry for bringing this topic up but i was wondering. when your barrel replacing can the end of the barrel be slanted or does it have to be flat? I own a blast fire and i dont seem to get the range that i wus expecting.

Edited by underservice, 20 December 2004 - 10:22 AM.

The matrix is real...

#16 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:40 PM

End of the barrel should be cut flat. Slanting it gives you the power loss of porting but actually makes fishtailing worse. Big problems.

Fuse, that's an interesting thought. I'll consider doing that.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#17 underservice

underservice

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Cxwq
The matrix is real...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users