New To Modding, Need Help!

i need mods and instructions,plz!

10 replies to this topic

#1 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

Helpme plz! i dont know what im doin! ive been nerfin for 3 yrs, but just in my bakyard with a cupl of friends, so modding was not necessary, but im hopin to go to a nerf war in the summer, and stock guns just wont cut it.i have a tech target and a nite finder, but am getting an x-bow, blastfire, and rpidfire 20.(i also might get a lnl, but i hear there hard to find)i would really appreciate some not too complicated mods for these guns.also, instructions and explanations are necessary.i need to know how to do somthing, not just what to do.also, plz explain what somthing is.dont just say like a ptge2/5 or some othr nerf lingo like that or i wont no what the hell ur talkin 'bout.sorry i seem bossy, but plz help me

(also my friend has a lightnin' blitz he needs help with, so id appreciate mods 4 that2.Thx!)
Black Masks & Gasoline

#2 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:58 PM

On My website I have a very easy mod for the LnL that enables it to shoot micros. There is also a very easy mod for the rapidfire20 that makes it lighter. It's at renegade Nerf Instead of the crayola barrel 17/32 brass will work great also.

Edited by Renegade, 29 November 2004 - 10:02 PM.

#3 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:58 PM

Well first you need an ompa beating, and second, you need another ompa beating, plus maybe a few forum beatings.

As to your problem: We all had the problem of deciding what to do when we first started. Tough. F-I-G-U-R-E I-T O-U-T. See those little metal thingies that have X's on them? THey're called screws. Guess what happens when you take em out? You can see the inside of the gun, and then you can look over the forums or site (whoa! there is a 'Mods' link on top!).

So to sum it all up, the answer to this entire post comes in two clicks. First, "Code of Conduct" all the way on the right, and then "Mods."

AA
Indiana '11

#4 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:08 PM

thx renegade, ill lookat it.ap, i did take apart my gun, im new, not stupid,despite your obviouse beliefs.i hav plenty of i deas 4 mods on guns, but i dont have half the guns i sed yet, so i kant inspect it an see if it would work.once again, fu, an if ur gonna b an ashole an not b helpfull, piss off an go get a life.an while ur at it , ill give u money for an attitude adjustment, u desperateley need one.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#5 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:16 PM

AirApache just doesn't like it when you don't use complete sentences and words. Come to think of it, nobody does.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#6 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:24 PM

ooookk.....so he's got a hangover about sentances, i can deal with that.Ill try to make them more complete, even though it seems kind of wierd to make s big deal out of that.Thanks.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:00 AM

Shit man, you picked a horrible day to start posting. I'm home sick today. Where to begin...

When you signed up for this site, you remember that little "agreement" you signed? Well, you're violating many parts of it at the moment. Go revisit it. Actually, you're just violating a few parts of that, mainly the last clause. Look it up, and then you can tell our wonderful forum members, who have been MORE than patient with your poor attitude, exactly what you need to fix.

Also, in the Code of Conduct, there are many rules to follow, mainly these:

Don't post unless you have something to say

Avoid AIM-style spelling (lol, u, ne, ppl, etc)

Use capitalization and punctuation correctly

Follow them, and you won't have people insulting you. And you think Air was mean? Oh shit no, there are far less... patient members on the site. So I suggest you clean your act up before they log on.

I also believe there's a general new player's guide that's sticked in the General Nerf forum, as well as tons of articles regarding modification in the Articles section. Those should be your first resources to do modding, plus, most guns are simply a matter of barrel replacement, which shouldn't really warrent a post unless you are TOTALLY confused (which I can understand sometimes), or haven't read any of the material already on the site. However, you don't seem like a complete moron, so I'm figuring you just haven't looked over your resources yet.

Anyways, here is the mod for the Nitefinder, and here is the mod for the Techtarget. Both are extremely easy mods, and if you don't have access to PETG, proper-sized brass can be used as a replacement. Or sometimes 1/2" SCH80 pvc if it fits your darts.

After completing those mods, the rest of the guns you mentioned should be alot easier for you to mod; just open them up and see what you can do yourself. You'll learn alot more that way, and become more experianced in troubleshooting and whatnot. Although come to think of it, the mods for all those guns are on this very site under the mods section, except for the RF20. And that's just a bitch to modify past drilling out air restrictors and putting rubber bands around the air bladder. You'll know what I'm talking about once you get the gun.

And the lightning blitz, you just plug the overpressure release valve, located at the end up the pump (once you take it apart and all, you'll see a hole at the end of the pump), and do a basic barrel replacement. Use a barrel material of your choice that fits your darts.

There is ONE major component that you have to tell us if any of us are going (or even willing) to help you; the type of dart you are using. Are you using the darts that come with the gun? Or Stefans (homemade darts)?

Lastly, any basic basic modding questions should be answered here. If not, and you feel the question is something stupid you don't want to expose to the general forum population, feel free to PM me with your question and I'll do my best to answer it.

~ompa

#8 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:07 PM

ban ban ban ban ban the fucker!

#9 Lee

Lee

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:27 PM

thx renegade, ill lookat it.ap, i did take apart my gun, im new, not stupid,despite your obviouse beliefs.i hav plenty of i deas 4 mods on guns, but i dont have half the guns i sed yet, so i kant inspect it an see if it would work.once again, fu, an if ur gonna b an ashole an not b helpfull, piss off an go get a life.an while ur at it , ill give u money for an attitude adjustment, u desperateley need one.

Where the fuck did you learn to type. Thats even bad for AIM typing. You say you're not stoopid but it's really not that hard to mod a nite finder. You don't even need any piping really, just rip out anything that is blocking air and add some rubber bands around the cocker. There you go, an easy ass mod that should get you 40 ft MINIMUM.

Oh, and another thing if you and your friends are having fun just shooting eachother in the backyard there really isn't a need for mods. That is unless you like getting red marks all over your body.
I'll shoot you with my gator you fuckface.

#10 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:36 PM

umm...thanks, ompa, for that rather informtive post.ill look at the conduct thing and watch my spelling.apperently, in your area it is important to be good at spelling, and ill keep that in mind. also, i alraidy said im not stupid, and therefore ive looked at the mods section.as for the ban the fucker reply, you need to look at the code too, as i now see it clearly states not to use up space if you have nothing to say.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

It's not just my area, it's just all of NH. You may not see it now, but the people who use proper grammar/punctuation/capitalization get alot more respect on the forums.

Anyways, thanks for taking it the right way, some people are assholes about it. And don't mind Okto, he does that to all the new people.

And people, the bashing of his typing can be finished now. That's at least 2-3 separate people I recall at this point bashing him. He's getting better.

At this point, the topic is dead. Last man, PM me with any more questions regarding your NF, the rest of the forum members, there isn't much else to tell him here.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 30 November 2004 - 04:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users