Photo

Our Fine New Users

50 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

If you signed up in the last couple weeks and have more than 5 posts, I probably hate you. Please try to stop being such assholes, retards, and douchebags. Read the Code of Conduct, read the forums, read whatever you like, just stop posting things that nobody cares about. I still feel a little bad about the last suspension binge I went on.

No, not really. It was funny.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

I as well have noticed a surge of people that have signed up and have absolutely no clue what they are talking about and post because they think its fun.

--Diego
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#3 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:51 PM

You must read the NerfHaven Code of Conduct before posting. If you do not abide by the Code of Conduct I will delete your ass. You must be at least 13 years of age to use this forum. NerfHaven is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of NerfHaven. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by NerfHaven. You agree not to be a complete dipshit.

knowingly false...inaccurate.
If they were idiots, and taking a guess, it complies with the terms of agreement....
I love the terms, however the You agree not to be a complete dipshit, could be interpreted in many ways. May I suggest adding a clause giving yourself the power to decide who is a "complete dipshit?" Also, delete my ass, seems physically impossible, because I was the one that registered...
These are a few technicalities that could get bitching emails, such as those cartoons were loosely inspired by...

Another prime example to thank C and the moderation for the excellent site. Thanks.
Tyranny Response Team

#4 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:04 PM

Hopefully, karma will help this (whenever it comes out ;) )

You might want to add a few about only posting useful things or the fact that NH isn't AIM.

Maybe i should make an Auto-C, sort of like my NoobGreet 2000, but with more wrath. If gamemaker was more sophisticated (such as allowing direct commands) i'd totally make an Auto-Policer. But alas, it isn't. All i can make it do is post the following (shows full capabilities) in less than 5 seconds.

Welcome to the forums. In the future, please seach before posting. Try to avoid using AIM-speak, such as u,omg, and lol. There have been many topics made about this. Please read the stickys before posting. You might want to rephrase your question. It would make it easier for us to answer. This has been done before. We have known about this for a while. Flaming is a no-no here. Things could turn very bad for you. This is in the wrong section of the forums. Try using punctuation. It makes your posts look nicer. There are a lot of misspelled words in your post. If you cant spell properly, run it through a spellchecker.

#5 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

Or Taita or ragornocks or someone could find a crapload of funny pictures that automatically answer a dumb post.
Indiana '11

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:42 PM

Sorry, I'll try to stop posting so much. (I do usually have something to say when I post and stay away from the older topics.)

Edited by NerfMonkey, 29 November 2004 - 10:44 PM.

SexD Warves

#7 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:50 PM

Sorry, I'll try to stop posting so much.

I don't think he meant you; he meant all the users who are crapping up the forums with the bad grammar and spelling and flames. You have been doing neither, acually, you have been making respectable posts.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#8 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:38 AM

Or Taita or ragornocks or someone could find a crapload of funny pictures that automatically answer a dumb post.

You get further with a kind word and a hilarious picture than you do with a kind word alone.

A swipe at the great Al Capone.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#9 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

In February of 2032 a massive wave of shit will stike this forum hard.

Edited by Chrysophylax, 30 November 2004 - 04:41 PM.

"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

In February of 2032 a massive wave of shit will stike this form hard.

Nostrophylax has spoken.

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:33 PM

For some reason the book "Odyssey", or maybe "Illiad" comes to mind.

Anyways, custom titles could be given out. Like, "I'm a jackass". That's always entertaining.

~ompa

#12 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:45 PM

Argh!

Stop...misspelling...my...name!

C.h.r.y.s.o.p.h.y.l.a.x

;) <----This expresses my feelings exactly.

--Mraow

#13 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:54 PM

Dude, chill.

First, it was a joke. Nostradamus + Chrysophylax, capice?

Second, I am well aware of how irritating it is when people can't fucking spell your name.

Most forums don't take it too well when I try to search for "cx" or "c" and I already have to search for "cxqw" and pretty much every other permutation of those letters.

#14 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:20 PM

Dude, chill.

Second, I am well aware of how irritating it is when people can't fucking spell your name.

Most forums don't take it too well when I try to search for "cx" or "c" and I already have to search for "cxqw" and pretty much every other permutation of those letters.

Uh huh... and for the last time, kids, my name is Black Wrath, not Black Wraith. I'm only kidding though, it's not big deal; it's just something I was reminded of.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#15 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:22 PM

Am i posting too much? Im sorry if i have been.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#16 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:23 PM

It's your avatar. Starcraft, Terran, Wraiths, you know.

And

"9th on the all time poster's list... and climbing. So sad."

Heh. Have no fear, I'm closing in on 1000 posts and I joined AFTER you.

Only if you have a post average higher than me, and are not Cxwq, are you posting to the point of insanity.

~ompa

#17 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

Dude, chill.

Sorry, I was also kidding. I got the joke. I should have made my sarcasm clearer.

--Mraow

#18 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:10 PM

If you signed up in the last couple weeks and have more than 5 posts, I probably hate you. Please try to stop being such assholes, retards, and douchebags. Read the Code of Conduct, read the forums, read whatever you like, just stop posting things that nobody cares about. I still feel a little bad about the last suspension binge I went on.

No, not really. It was funny.

I was gonna ask where all the n00bs came from. (maybe I attract them....maybe I'm the n00b god or something...) ;)

#19 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

I was gonna ask where all the n00bs came from. (maybe I attract them....maybe I'm the n00b god or something...) <_<

^ ^ ^ ^

Birds of a feather flock together.

My guess is it's small children discovering teh wonderz of DA INTRAWEBNET! WIT NEW AOL VIRUS PROTECTION!!!!111
And i consider a small child as - "Someone who cannot type legibly"
Does it strike anyone as sad that AOL is now offering "virus protection and spyware blocking" when the let in/send you half the stuff?

#20 owentheobiwan

owentheobiwan

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:02 PM

Timmmy_the_Turtle wouldn't be one of the people crapping up the forums, would he? Or me?
Jelly-bacon. The food of the gods.

"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix with my hands." - Batman, "The Dark Knight Returns"

#21 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:06 PM

No. You haven't been an asshole and have used good grammar.

~ompa

#22 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:34 PM

Could be annoying to have someone mispell your name online, but what's more annoying is if you have an unpronounceable Chinese last name that every teacher spends 5 minutes attempting to learn.

EDIT: I'd just like to add that it's really annoying if you are new and you feel the urge to flame or correct other people on the Code of Conduct. I'm not sure where, but I do remember reading some post saying that newer users should lay off with the posting until they have had quite a few respectable posts under their belts.

Edited by AirApache, 30 November 2004 - 10:45 PM.

Indiana '11

#23 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:52 PM

Not to stray too much, just so you know, i've explained this many times, but:

My name is Tait. My nick is taita_cakes, as in, Potato Cakes, as in the British Potato Scallops. My name is not taita. [Keeping with capone, and cx] Capice?

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by taita_cakes, 30 November 2004 - 10:54 PM.

#24 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:54 PM

I don't believe I've ever heard of 'taita cakes' before...but then again I'm an ignorant American.
Indiana '11

#25 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:01 PM

You know? Fish and Chips? The round, thick potato slice? Deep-fried?

I tried google image search, didnt round anything up. Anyway, its just a name pun. Not to worry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users