Light Storm Ls2?

Can it be modded?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Shwifty

Shwifty

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:57 PM

I just started doing things with nerf, and my question is... Can the STORM light storm ls2 be modded for nerf? I will post pictures of its outside and inside whenever i get a chance.
*Well isn't that SHWIFTY?*
Am I now concidered infamous?

#2 Lee

Lee

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:02 PM

I think my cousin had one of those a while back. Don't they shoot little glow stick things or somthing? I don't really see how it could be modded, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try, you never know what you can find.
I'll shoot you with my gator you fuckface.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:15 PM

The air chamber really isn't big enough to do anything with- in short, it's plausible to mod, but the range and stuff you'll get out of the gun after extensive work just isn't worth the time. Although this is what I've heard from several other people trying to mod the gun. Up to you though, if you're interested in a challenge.

~ompa

#4 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 09:52 PM

I think there is a mod for it at http://www.freewebs....difications.htm

And from what i hear, the ending range is quite good.

--Diego
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:19 PM

That mod also turns it into a one-shot pistol. It kinda destroys the whole gimick of the gun- a high ROF.

~ompa

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:43 AM

Yep, it had a pretty high ROF, for a pump up semi auto, clip fed pistol.

All of it's 5 to 8 foot range. And it only had enough air to shoot maybe half the clip, then I had to pump some more.

The clip was designed to shoot ammo that looked like oversized straws with rubber tips, and was too small to fit micro stefans. I never tried to see if 3/8" FBR would work.

The mechanics of the semi auto system were kind of confusing, and it had an interesting oversized "air tank" that I assumed stored the air under pressure to allow multiple shots. After taking the blaster apart to see if it could be pump plugged and otherwise modified, I couldn't get it back together properly. That's when it went into the bottom of my desk drawer for a long time. In fact, it might still be there.

I didn't buy the LS2 (someone at the office I worked at bought it, was disappointed, and feeling sorry for him, traded a SM1500 for it); and I wouldn't buy one unless you really wanted to experiment with clip-fed, semi auto, air propelled systems.

Come to think of it, there's quite a few who keep talking about that very thing. Maybe that could be a starting inspiriation?

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 06:59 AM

I have the original patent diagrahms if you guys need them.

#8 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:19 AM

I picked one up at kb for 5 thinking I could do something with it, which was five bucks I’ll never get back. The air system is pretty much worthless and if you ever do manage to get it to stop leaking, it still sucks. Save yourself the disappointment and avoid at all cost.

#9 Shwifty

Shwifty

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:47 PM

Yeah ender, my whole gun is screwed up, thats why im just going to attempt to mod it. Oh yeah we should thank the guy who told the machines that built this to wrap the wires around everything you can see upon opening the gun

Ompa, could i make it long range bye building the outside from scratch, and adding and extra peice to the air tank? And if so, do you know where i could find how to add-on to an airtank?

Edited by Shwifty, 29 November 2004 - 05:33 PM.

*Well isn't that SHWIFTY?*
Am I now concidered infamous?

#10 Precision

Precision

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:29 PM

I had one of those, I opened it up and tried to mod it. Trust me, it's not worth the effort.
I can't remember who it was on nerf haven that modded that gun, but they didn't get good range. It took a hell of a lot of pumps and only got like 50 ft. They did make a nice pvc shell for it though..

Edited by Precision, 03 December 2004 - 08:30 PM.

Headshot every time....

#11 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:42 AM

I think there is a mod for it at http://www.freewebs....difications.htm

And from what i hear, the ending range is quite good.

--Diego

Cool, somebody I don't know linked to my website.

Yeah, I bought one too, and I tried different mods for it, at first I tried to keep it semi-auto. But that just didn't work. So I finally just made a whole new shell for it and made it singlebarreled.

I had a bigger pump for it, but it was from an old watergun and it broke.

And by the way, I don't think the airtank needs to be any bigger.

Edited by mayhem, 04 December 2004 - 03:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users