Photo

How Exactly Are Zero Darts Effective

5 replies to this topic

#1 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:21 PM

I was curious if anyone knows what makes zero darts more effective than regular darts. In my experience they are quite the opposite of more effective than regular stefans.

Edited by Viper, 13 December 2004 - 07:04 AM.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:16 AM

They didn't work because yours didn't fit your barrel well. You have to realise not everyoen has the same barrels and foam. Some people make zeros because they fit their 1/2" PVC better.

#3 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:04 AM

That's what I was reading,so I guess its more for those who don't have brass or materials w/ .51-.57 nominals to work with.

#4 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:38 PM

Well I was experimenting with zeros awhile ago and found out some peaty effective way to create one that has a barrel i.d. of 9/16. All you do is cut a piece of ½ inch foam about 1 inch long and burn a hole in the back of it. Since I use bb’s I drop two bb’s into the hole and fill it with glue then put I piece of I believe 3/8 foam (this stuff is tiny) that is about 2 inches long. Then I would burn a hole in the other end of the ½ inch foam and fill it with just a bit of hot glue to create a dome just for impact. These darts seem to get better ranges than normal homemade darts as well as better accuracy…just take a while longer to make!
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#5 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:02 PM

Collared darts allow one to adjust the diameter of the dart by modifying the collar piece length. If brass/PTEG and 0.5"Dia Foam Backer rod is available to you, go with that instead, it's more economical with the same performance as quality collared darts.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#6 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:42 PM

Thank you for clearing that up. Actually, the onlyu place I can get .5 nominals is online, none of the local stores sell it. I suppose that they also work well in a porting configuration in which the bottom of the barrel fits much tighter than the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users