Copper Or Brass

is copper an OK substitute for brass

1 reply to this topic

#1 mason

mason

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 10:47 AM

Well, i've been using copper for a lot of my mods, and it seems like it does a pretty good job, but is brass really a lot better. My reasons for getting copper 1. i can't find brass 2. its a lot cheaper. 3. It seems like it works pretty well. 4. well to tell you the truth i think copper looks pretty cool. So, is brass better than copper, is copper as good as brass, will copper give you similar performance, or is brass far superior to copper. O, and isn't PETG tubing as good as brass, I think that's what CXWQ said.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:03 PM

Brass isn't inherrently better than copper, it's just more likely to make a good seal with typical FBR. If your darts fit well with copper then use copper. The only downside is that some mods are more difficult with copper because of the larger OD which prevents you from doing a barrel plug mod like you could with brass or PETG.

PETG is more or less identical, from a modding perspective, to 9/16" K&S brass. I prefer it because it's cheaper, easier to work with, and allows me to see at a glance which barrels of my at3k are loaded.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users