Can you say sore? I knew you could.

25 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:54 PM

Much fun was had by all.

I think there were 22 participants at the high water mark though a couple people had already left at that point.

The arms escalation was a little shocking. I think we had 6 modded AT3ks this time.

CTF with 20 people is kind of lame.

I got Julie to Nerf and take a bunch of pictures that will be in the gallery shortly!

Oh yeah, I have a toolbox, hacksaw, and hat that someone left at the tables.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:22 PM

So, how was it? How'd everybody do? I'm so pissed I missed out. I've ben beating myself all day over it. Really, I did. Anyway, I'm intrested to here the details, so come, details people, details!
www.Gainsae.com

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:39 PM

It was cool... More thoughts:

As usual, Ray owned me whenever he was on the other team.

At one point, 6 people were using my guns at once. I need to reduce my arsenal a bit.

Hal, Jordan, and Hubbard made rare appearances to kick off the spring/summer nerfing season.

Mason, Kyle, Jason, and Julie were all first time YANO/LANO victims.

Lots of AT3ks, AT2ks, BBBs, EaBs, and Xbows out there. Very little of anything else.

#4 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:39 AM

Oh yeah, I have a toolbox, hacksaw, and hat that someone left at the tables.

well i can tell you that I am missing my tool box. if you are wondering about the hack saw it is spoons. im so sorry. fuck there i go again fucking things up spoon im sorry i left piece of paper next to it saying it was yours i dont know what happen to it after i left. im soo sorry it is my fault im sorry ill pay for the shipping if you need me to. kev i don't know where you live could i e-mail you and we could get in touch to fix this problem. im soo sorry. spoon you never have to loan me you tools again.
Die you super-monkey fuck!

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:49 AM

that was one of my favorite wars of all time. i was having so much fun, i started busting out my matrix moves all over the place. my two favorites: 1) chasing down steve, he turns around to cap my azzor with a LnL, and i slide on the grass under the dart, and bust a double horizontal on his azz with my crossbow. 2) to cleat the middle intersection, i did a full sprint at a wall, then jumped and landed horizontally on the face of it, bounced back toward where i came from while shooting. so fun. Toj rocked: he was so good, at the end of the war he had four nipples. Jason gets shielded player of the year award; in his premier, he mastered the ways of the manta ray/ 2k combo. steve, as usual, is impossible to hit: from point blanc he dodged my xbow, with his patented spinmove. kevin is his team, 'nuff said. spoon nerfed like spoon always does, never let's his holster's buttbands get in the way. everyone unmentioned nerfed well. i didn't see too many people not into the hang of things by the end of the day. there was more fun on the grass this war than usual, too. with the exception of CTF, every war was great, even with steve picking horrible teams. in conclusion: the war rocked.

quotes of the day
"you promise?" - Jon asking Julie about his red neck
"do i have a nipple on my back?" - Toj.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:08 AM

if you are wondering about the hack saw it is spoons. im so sorry. fuck there i go again fucking things up spoon im sorry

You son of a bitch! Lol, seriously don't worry about it. As soon as I read Kevin's post I realized it was mine. Besides, I need to meet Kevin sometime before the next war anyway, I'm almost out of backer rod. We live 30 mins from each other.

Ray: Dude you're just jealous of my buttbands because they make my ass look trim and taut. You WISH you could be so bling bling.

This was a great war, I agree. Lots of powerful guns this war. And now without further adieu, the "Spoon Awards":

Most Likely To Nurse Puppies Himself: Toj.

Most Ridiculous Accessory: Jason and his gatorade filled backpack.

Coolest Team Shirt: Hubbard, for his wonderful "Spoon's Super Best Friends Squad" shirt.

Best Nerf Team Ever: Spoon's Super Best Friends Squad. We've never been beaten, 'cause we've never played.

Most Valuable Gun: You just can't deny it, Ray's Crossbow kicks ass.

Most Valuable Accessory: A ramrod. Don't count in without it.

Most Absent Minded: TIE: Jon, for forgetting my hacksaw, and his toolbox, and for consistently leaving something behind the last THREE wars. Steph: For locking my keys in the trunk at the end of the war.

Most Willing to Surrender: Mason, proving that he is probably the only realistic and sane one among us.

Most Willing to Make An Ass of Himself: Toj will simply never lose this catagory.

Best Name: Ted. Runner up: Captain Suave.

Most In Need of a Good Hard Spanking: The Monkey.

Best Sport: Tie between Cam and Mason's blonde friend, for putting up with being referred to as "Old Guy" and "Hobbit" respectively throughout the duration of the war.

Worst Modder Ever: Toj. He's just rackin 'em in tonight.

Least Concerned With Causing Bodily Harm Unto Others: Jason, for his knack of shooting people with a PETG AT2K point blank.

Most Desired Jello Wrestling Match: Steph vs. Julie

Most Realistic Jello Wrestling Match: Jon vs. Toj

Least Punctual: Hal, for being about as late as you can get without missing the whole damn thing entirely.

Most Flakey: Croissants.

Most Fashionable Target: Toj's nuts.

Most Consistently Pisses Spoon Off: Mark.

Most Consistently Pleases Spoon: Steph. Followed closely by Kevin and Ray. Not that that should mean anything.....

Most Consistently Makes Spoon Want to Back Away Slowly: Jon.

Most Usefull: A screwdriver.

Most Useless: Toj.

Longest Reloader: Jon.

Longest "Ramrod": Matt.

Most Desiring of a "Ramrod": Jon. He wants one bad. He told me so, didn't you Jon? <_<

Most Desperately Needs a New Gun: Steve.

Most Desperately Needs to Stop Chafing: Spoon.

Bah, thats all I can think of now....more later perhaps. Sleep.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 07:28 AM

I really want to come next time but I live in ohio. <_<

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 08:11 AM

Wow, looks like you guys had a kick ass time.

Who was the guy that had that belt holster for PC clips?! That looked nice...I need to do that.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#9 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:14 PM

Hell yeah I need a new gun. You know you have a problem when your Big Bad Bow decides to separate into two pieces, mid war. I desperately want a crossbow, I did really well with Mark’s one war. It fits my style perfectly, it’s no wonder Mark and Ray proceed to nail every fucking thing that they shot at, although they’re both a great shot. If anyone has a crossbow not in use, or knows of one for sale, for God’s sake, let me know. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure my friend has a mint BBB that he’d sell to me pretty cheap. Maybe I’ll try to revamp my old BBB. If not, expect some pretty pyrotechnics. In any event, expect an impressive gun by Armageddon. I’m looking forward to hitting what I point my gun at. Kevin and Spoon, many thanks for letting me use your guns, I really owe you guys one. And sorry for getting a dart stuck in your EAB Kev, I hope it’s easy for you to get out.

Some of my favorite moments:

-Ray chasing me down and shooting at me point-blank, then me pulling off a super radical matrix-spin-dodge©

-Ray sliding under my dart and fucking me over with his X-box once again. I didn’t know what had happened until Ray was gone, quick fast speed of light run away speed racer.

-Toj being chased down then surrounded by four people. He tried to matrix-spin-dodge© but since I’m the only one who can legally do that, he got hit twice in the air, then was shot twice by me(LNL and BBB) once on the ground. Toj, you owe me royalties and a blow job.

-Me getting nailed in the shoulder across the urban area as my team was walking to the grassy area. Nice shot Jason…

Best loser: Ray, followed close by Mark. Ray just had a killer ROF due to his brass w/ Stefans.

Best assaulter: Jason. He’d rush fast as hell, block every dart with his manta ray, then proceed to take our defense out with his AT2k.

Best rushers- Mark and Jeff were just fucking fast as hell.

Best suicide bomber- Toj. Blowing a hole in half the other team, leaving with all his nipples intact. I’d give it to Jon, because he was really good at the suicide part, but he was just lacking in the “killing the other team” part.

Best defense- Jon, CXWQ, and Spoon. Can’t touch this, nuh nah nah nuh nah nah nuh nuh.

Best leeching of other people’s guns- Me, of course, who else?

Most accurate gun- The Big Broken Bitch, as I think I got more kills with my LNL than with the BBB.

Best hit counting- Blonde haired halfing, follwed in close second by Jeff. Jeff was hit 2,496 times but was really only hit twice because he didn’t feel them.

Most damage done- Jeff. He hit me at least 120 times every round, he’s awesome at altering the course of the dart with his mind. I think he hit 6 people with the same dart, on the same shot. It just kept bouncing off people and hitting others.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 12:23 PM

The Jealosy is palpable in my room. Screw you guys.

VACC

#11 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 01:43 PM

Most damage done- Jeff. He hit me at least 120 times every round, he’s awesome at altering the course of the dart with his mind. I think he hit 6 people with the same dart, on the same shot. It just kept bouncing off people and hitting others.

i agree. i am unofficially banning jedi mind tricks from future YANOs. also Jeff, don't make those stefans that go through walls and trees anymore, they 'hit' me way too often.

#12 StillBurningF5

StillBurningF5

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 02:29 PM

Dudes and dudettes, may I present to you el magnificoApril YANO pictures.

Ted is Kevin's fault. He can't tolerate more than one Kevin at a time, even though I tell him not to take it as a personal affront.

damn you kevin... <_<

btw that war was awesome... i think when Jason shot Spoon right in his cheek, i have never seen spoon madder. Lol he threw his gun down and started screaming at Jason. And Ray your matrix moves still rock
-- Ted --

#13 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 03:55 PM

Although my 5k was screwed up, and I couldn't seem to hit anyone ever, and I seemed to get out first almost every war, it was totally awesome! I especially liked that shot from Kevin from about 40' away that hit me right between my eyes.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#14 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

Most Absent Minded: TIE: Jon, for forgetting my hacksaw, and his toolbox, and for consistently leaving something behind the last THREE wars. Steph: For locking my keys in the trunk at the end of the war.

Most Desiring of a "Ramrod": Jon. He wants one bad. He told me so, didn't you Jon? ;)

sorry spoon for your hack saw. you don't hav any idea on how bad i feel about that but, i have not left something in the past three wars. if you remember correctly my brother and i didn't have any guns with us at the feb yano. how could we leave somthing? also i don't know what you are talking about with the ram rod thing. the war was very good it was good to see hubard nering with us again. i think the most mistaken rule was : when someone says i got you you loose one life. the people who did not understand this rule played it as if i feel a sharp pain and have a red mark i will lose a life. my favoret moment was when jason and steff didn't know i was on the other side of the hill while playing capture the flag so when they went for the flag the it was raing darts in the face. it was all cool.
Die you super-monkey fuck!

#15 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:17 PM

I especially liked that shot from Kevin from about 40' away that hit me right between my eyes.

I especially liked your timing. Right as I fired the shot you pulled back behind the tree so I chambered another round for ya. Right as the dart actually got there you popped back out again.

Another Best Name runner up: Ska Boy - because I was tired of Spoon calling you "Adaquabat"

#16 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 04:55 PM

i think when Jason shot Spoon right in his cheek, i have never seen spoon madder. Lol he threw his gun down and started screaming at Jason.

For the record, that shot hit me from 5 feet away in the upper lip. Where it's all scar tissue. It's ok though, I extracted what I like to call "war reparations" from him later that evening. Now we're BOTH sore....heh heh heh.

I think the second CTF war approached a level of chaos not seen since last year's 42 person Armageddon war.

The matrix moves were simply unprecedented this war, thanks mostly to Ray, Toj and Steve. Much fun to watch.

Julie: I could go mud instead, I'm flexible. ;)
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#17 StillBurningF5

StillBurningF5

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:00 PM

lol ska boy was another great name...

and that CTF war was very crazy.. a lot of cheeting going on there
;)
-- Ted --

#18 ArwenEvnstr

ArwenEvnstr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:08 PM

Julie: I could go mud instead, I'm flexible. ;)

Stephanie here. Yes, I am now officially the THIRD girl on the boards!

For those of you who haven't been at the last 2 wars, I'm Spoon's gf.

Great war! I would have to agree with Jon; my favorite moment was during CTF when Jason and I got all the way to the top of the hill, thought we were home free, and then got NAILED by Jon's powerclip at the last moment. Nice move.

That and Jordan's cheap hit on his brother (Spoon) during their "showdown."

Also like to mention the KICK ASS shirt that Hubbard gave me. You guys'll see that again next war, that's for sure! Although I am planning some SLIGHT alterations...

And Spoon, don't worry, I'll get you back for THIS quote tonight... ;)

#19 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:19 PM

Cxwq said why not just nerf naked, but I think that's a bit extreme.

I think that would qualify as some kind of weird S&M fetish or something....Though I bet we'd then see a dramatic reduction in the number of rugrats attending the wars.

Steph: You're right, I forgot about Jordan and I's showdown when I was writing my award list, crap. Jordan and I were squaring off against each other all alone during a war, both with AT3K's. He says "wait" and starts to stretch, then very suddenly whips his gun up and shoots me right in the chest from about 50 feet away.

I think another of my favorite moments was during the second CTF game when we loaded up on the Powerclips for base (read: hill) defense. Jason and I would mow down base rushers 2 and 3 at a time with our PC's from atop the hill, it was like using a flame thrower in an Alien movie.

#20 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 06:30 PM

the best nerf simily (sp) ever created: "it was like using a flame thrower in an Alien movie. " spoon, you should become an english major or a nerf war journalist.

#21 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:27 PM

Man, that was a scary tape job.

Been reminiscing for two days about all the impossible shots I made...

Lying on the CTF hill with Hubbard 30' away and a tree (his cover) midway between us. Hit him by firing through the 4" gap between the trunk and the support stake holding the tree up.

Against the side of the storage shed, 15' from the corner, see an at3k pop around the corner and fire at Ray who was flanking to my right. Unknown assailant missed so I held my aim on the spot where the gun had been and picked it off the second it reappeared for another shot. I think it was Steph but I'm still not sure.

Jordan grabs the flag in CTF and Spoon and Ray race ahead of him and turn around to try to pick him off. I arrive a second later for fire support and shoot them both in the back before they know I'm there.

Oh yeah.

Just got an X-Stream Max Shot by the way... Nice gun. I'll post a mod in a day or two.

#22 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:23 PM

...Just got an X-Stream Max Shot by the way... Nice gun. I'll post a mod in a day or two....

I got one of those today too! Check out NHQ for some mods. The Max Shot is the best X-Stream gun. It has a huge plunger and the only air restrictor is at the end. I'm trying to figure out how to rip out the inner white tube so I can stick in some brass or whatnot. Reports are, it can get ranges of 100 feet with an external PVC mod, and I don't doubt it. It's the next X-Bow. Really.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#23 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 12:25 AM

Check out NHQ for some mods.

Eh... No offense but NHQ does not have mods. NHQ has a thread describing a half-assed barrel replacement without opening the case. There's no discussion of optimal barrel type or length. There's no discussion of things within the gun that can be improved on.

take a pipe cutter cut around the orange barrel ... take a cpvc coupler

I took a pen that fit in the origional barrel, ... and epoxied it in place. I then wrapped the other end in duct tape untill it fit inside 10 in. of pvc

sanding down the outside of the orange barrel until it was white, removing the air restrictor, placing a 1/2 cpvc coupler

What's wrong with all of these ideas?

They all leave about 4" of dead air space behind the dart. Dead air space has a dramatic impact on performance, just look at the stock EaB if you need an example of this.

They also all make the gun 4" longer than it needs to be.

These aren't mods, they're proof of concept hack jobs.

#24 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 11:24 AM

Check out NHQ for some mods.

Eh... No offense but NHQ does not have mods. NHQ has a thread describing a half-assed barrel replacement without opening the case. There's no discussion of optimal barrel type or length. There's no discussion of things within the gun that can be improved on.

take a pipe cutter cut around the orange barrel ... take a cpvc coupler

I took a pen that fit in the origional barrel, ... and epoxied it in place. I then wrapped the other end in duct tape untill it fit inside 10 in. of pvc

sanding down the outside of the orange barrel until it was white, removing the air restrictor, placing a 1/2 cpvc coupler

What's wrong with all of these ideas?

They all leave about 4" of dead air space behind the dart. Dead air space has a dramatic impact on performance, just look at the stock EaB if you need an example of this.

They also all make the gun 4" longer than it needs to be.

These aren't mods, they're proof of concept hack jobs.

Bah, I'm not offended, but I think Dan Wask might be. I knew that the external barrel would be insufficient. I just referenced you there so maybe you could get a better understanding of the gun. He told me that the barrel length was about 10 inches. Have you cut open the barrel yet? Just take a tube cutter and cut off the first, eh, half inch of the red barrel, until you get to the white piece. What I'm trying to do is rip out that white piece. If I can't get the white piece out, I'll have to hack the entire barrel out if I want to do a proper barrel mod. I really want to stay away from opening it up. I doubt there is much you could do to the cocking system, and I hear the internals are extremely complex. Then again, you could (and will) figure something out.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#25 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

Yes, turn away, my child. Your father didn't stand a chance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users