42 replies to this topic

#1 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:13 AM

Who draws, paints, pastels, et cetera?

Also, who enjoys art, and what kind(s)?

I do mostly abstract sketchs with pencils or Sharpie markers.

Post pictures of your art here.
~Halfling

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:13 PM

I mostly do photography : www.maskat.deviantart.com

Thats not all my stuff though.

I'm also minoring in art wich is mainly consisting of sculpture ( any materials ) and pencil and ink drawing. I also do alot of collages(sp) on objects. Like I cutt out tons of pictures from comics and acrylic coat them to chairs, guitars, my monitor etc.

Edited by NinjZ, 16 November 2004 - 05:13 PM.

#3 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:51 PM

I like pencil drawing. I just find something I want to draw and then draw it. :P

#4 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:11 PM

My dad is a professional artist, he works paints from excellent photographs, with pastels and watercolours, although he's good at whatever median you through at him. His entire side of the family is artistic, but they're slowly dying off, or being bastards to us, so we dis-pwn them.

I'm a deviant, but havn't been for long. Once all my exams are over [School is now over for the rest of the year :P ] i'll post more, but for now, you can check out my work [sketches using a graphics tablet] here.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#5 rosebud

rosebud

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:37 PM

Im more into the computer graphics, and imaging, that sort of stuff... Right now I only have a demo version of a 3d computer graphics program, dont have enough money to get the real thing

#6 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

I draw comics, sketches, concept art, and paint. I too, like the digital side of art very much. I like photo manipulation, but I also like creation just the same.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#7 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

Im more of a cartoony, comic, etc artist. But if forced i can do some realistic digital art. I usually scan sketches and work on them in photoshop.

BW-ill get your av' done soon, hopefully, my comp got cleaned out so i lost the original file, im gonna have to redo it.. ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#8 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:51 PM

I mostly do sci-fi pencil sketches. For example, I'm really good at drawing guns in the madness combat style. I can't draw living or natural things for some reason.

I can hold my own in photoshop if I have to.

#9 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:57 PM

I do a lot of photography. Havent done as much sine I left for college this year tho since I dont have access to a dark room. I enjoy almost all kinds of art, especially dealing with the pure human form (yes, nudes). There is just something about the human body's elegance that I like. I am fully aware that this is going to be misconstrued by a few people here, but oh well. ^_^
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#10 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:57 PM

It's a bit sad how Photoshop has become the new Paint.

I can do quite well with flash, but my gun designs i've Flashed so far have been pretty ghey.

#11 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:02 PM

I'm aiming for a degree in Comm. Design in college. Here's some stuff from my artsy- classes from the spring and this fall- a little art show for you

fish sketch
Posted Image

my friend with a pair of big dice
Posted Image

abstract thingy
Posted Image

a masterwork recreated in guoache
Posted Image

Here's one from last winter, myself in a 12 inch tall paper doll form, only I cropped the legs or the pic would be kinda tall
Posted Image

Metallic bowl and glass vase watercolors painting
Posted Image

Flowers in watercolors (I felt girly drawing this but it was our assignment)
Posted Image

I think they look better in reality but you get the idea. Right now I'm working on drawing the figure, which has always been a challenge- I've yet to get proportions looking the way I want but it's coming along. I've got a few more things I'll try to post up later on when I get the chance..

Edited by El Hombre, 16 November 2004 - 10:18 PM.

#12 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

I like your watercolour works, and the "guoache" thingo. Thats, errrrrrrrr, about it.

#13 macman

macman

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:22 PM

*points at taita*
what he said.
\m/-.-\m/

#14 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:30 PM

err.. my fault- "gouache" not "guoache, it's a type of thick paint (pronounced "gwash") And yes the teacher makes us do some silly stuff sometimes, like the self-doll thing, but it's all fun.

Edited by El Hombre, 16 November 2004 - 10:31 PM.

#15 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:44 PM

Nice stuff I also like the watercolors and although you feel pretty girly I really like drawing flowers or any still-life personally. I also draw, pastel, and charcoal just about anything that comes to mind or I see. Recently I've become really interested in Graffitti art and tagging (too bad its illegal) and of course I just love sketching up mods or homemade designs! Great topic I'm glad someone finally brought it up! ^_^
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#16 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:57 PM

Girly or not, the flowers are one of my favorites. Good stuff. B)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#17 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

I'm currently studying to become a Illustration major at VCU School of the Arts. Aside from DbF, I've been dabbling in a bit of everything you might say, from 3D, painting, digital arts, collage, drawing, photography, etc.

Here's a picture of one of my 40K models. Keep in mind this thing is only about an inch and a half tall.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Here's a self portrait assignment for my digital lab class. The first link is a reference picture and the second link is the actual piece. I had to select each color and draw that specific color, then select a different color, use that color - etc. Very time consuming.

http://atlas.walagat...MG_proj_ref.jpg

http://atlas.walagat...e/ZOMG_proj.jpg

Just a quick study of something I want to move towards in DbF.

Posted Image

Here's a recent assignment. I had to create post card art and create a story between two imaginary individuals. Here's a few of the fronts, I only used Sharpie marker and colored pencils. Nothing else.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'll post some more stuff tomorrow, probably more contemporary stuff when I don't have a test to study for an a 18x24" perspective piece due tomorrow morning.

Enjoy.

Edited by GrOOvE, 17 November 2004 - 12:27 AM.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#18 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:55 PM

That's just so cool........

--Diego
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#19 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:00 AM

Groove, your really good at painting. Shit, either all people who paint those Warhammer guys are just doing it with ease, or those are really detailed and thought out. I suck at teh painting. Those look very well done. But we all knew that from the Xbow pics. B)

Now me? I'm a cartoonist. Have been for years. Since like, ever. I've drawn full page college rule papered comics since 6th grade (in other words, I drew em in class), so thats like... 5 years, feels like more. But then again thats just the comic series. I have like a stack of maybe 100 or so comics, done in pencil. Nothing special. I keep most of the as ideas for future comics if I ever get off my "busy" ass and want to start up a webcomic.
Anywho, I like to draw other shit. I draw all the time, anything really. But cartooning is my thing.
I aldo like to fiddle with photoshop. I'm not good, but I'm getting better. I did my first work of drawing a picture, then scanning it, then colored it in PS, then doing some other photoshop shit.

Note, this was my first time coloring and tracing with PS. So its not smooth like Penny-Arcade or DBF, but it's, well it's colored. Thats Tommy Vercetti (forgot to add the shaving of the beard and mustache that he has), and Carl, from San Andreas
http://img.photobuck...vev/gtacopy.png

After coloring with photoshop and adding some other San Andreas/Photoshop crap, also used as a sig for another forum
http://img.photobuck...djhurleysig.bmp

Yeah, I'll stick to just plain drawing on paper. ^_^
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#20 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:15 AM

Posted Image

That ones pretty cool.

I like anything that makes you think or you have to look at closely. Usually abstracts or colauges(sp?) or something three demensional. I actually just completed a 3d colauge.
~Halfling

EDIT: I didn't see the second page.

Groove, your art is sooo sexy.

Your stuff sounds neat Hurley. I would like to see your flash skills in Grand Theft Nerf 2 though...

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 17 November 2004 - 08:21 AM.

#21 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:27 AM

Wow, you guys are so talented. Wish I could do something like that. All I can do is dance.....
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#22 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:53 PM

Or, guys can't dance so they draw instead...
Indiana '11

#23 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:09 PM

Just a quick study of something I want to move towards in DbF.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:15 PM

Heres some of my stuff:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did this one in about 2 minutes so it's a bit sloppy. I was more about the idea than the execution:
Posted Image

Edited by NinjZ, 17 November 2004 - 07:22 PM.

#25 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

I can draw weaponry, really well.
Who am I to let you win this War.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users