Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:52 AM

He said it rotates like an AT1K.
Sup?

#52 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:44 AM

Thank you for the info and best of luck for future designs and projects. And if you ever have any questions for us please feel free to use us, or at least me, as a spring board for future concepts or ideas. Again I thank you and look forward to buying a few of these when they hit the market.

#53 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:52 AM

Can you please answer me the question why the new N-Strike line isn't sold in Europe???

I can be happy if I find a SuperMaxx750 in my country, I rarely find any Nerf Blasters. :cry:

Edited by Chessler, 10 November 2004 - 12:51 PM.

#54 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

I really like the design.

It looks like a prime candidate to replace the Scout. I see what I believe are the same mounting rails as the Scout, which makes me think that it must have the same ability to be fired from the Titan trigger system as well.

To be critical of the scout, it does lack power, and if the Rev. 6 is based on the scout, I assume it will have similar power characteristics. I hope it has more power than the scout (larger volume of air or stronger spring) but I will understand if it doesn't.

Nice work! Hasbro's N-Strike team is putting out great stuff.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#55 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

I dont expect him to be able to comment

i really hope he was lying

The assumptions run rampant... <g>

My apologies if I offend the engineer. Its generally accepted as a social norm to use "he" when gender is uncertain. :cry:

I too seriously hope the gun has more power than the Scout. It doesnt need to be another Nite Finder, but a little more bang for the buck would be nice, especially with the added bulk of the 6-shooter.

I like how it doesnt swing out too much. looks like it will go in far enough to not be a problem, and swing out just as much as it needs to.

Anyone else notice the barrel design? It looks like the inside is wide enough for the rubber suction cup tip only at the top, and tightens to fit the dart pretty quickly, unlike just a little ring at the bottom or nothing at all. I assume this is to ensure the darts dont fall out, and give it a little more range. Nice. B)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#56 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:22 PM

I definatley agree the revolver seems to be able to pivot out. I'm already imagining revolver clip mods :cry: .

#57 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:25 PM

The 2nd picture shows it open to load--that is as far as it opens.

No speedloaders for this revolver.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#58 BeWeird

BeWeird

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:54 PM

*Mouth Drops Open*
*Eyes Glaze Over*
Duuuuuuuuude.
Sweeeeeeeeet......
That thing is incredibly uber sexy.
Literally, a dream come true.
YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
_bW of REN

#59 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:49 PM

Nerf six-shooter....sweet.

Draw, cowboy.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#60 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:00 PM

That will change, cx. I'm sure with a compilation of a few mavericks, we can make the ring removable.

Question: can the darts be loaded from the back as well?
Indiana '11

#61 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:02 PM

I can already see how I coud make it removable. Make a cut in the back part of the front ring facing inwards? We'll see. Based on the pictures of course. Im surprised my keyboard hasnt broken yet, with me drooling all over it and whatnot.

THIRST
ko

#62 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:15 PM

Unless I completely misread the pictures, No.

It looks like the barrel is only wide enough for the rubber tip at the top, so you wouldnt be able to get it in from the back.

I suppose stefans could be loaded from the back in spite of this, but I hope not. Leaving the back open wouldnt be a good design for a revolving chamber like that because you would need to be careful and make sure the darts arent sticking out of the back when you load it.

#63 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:19 PM

The 6 shot barrels is already removable. If you look closely, you will notice a light blue/gray piece of plastic that sticks out in the second picture where the two darts are. This is connected to the rotation barrel (the 6 shot) and drops out. Then the top of the piece is on a piece that sticks out which allow the 6 shot barrel to spin therefore easy reloading and auto/manually turning when you reload. I know this is just a bit confusing but if you look at the picture you will understand what I am saying.

<Blink>
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#64 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:25 PM

As stated previously, that is as far as it is made to pull out. I agree that it should be relatively easy to make it come out all the way however.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#65 Enigma

Enigma

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:59 PM

One thousand thanks chiefthe for this info. I've been speculating on this thing for months now about how it'll work and if it will be worth it. I think it will. You're time and effort is appreciated.
Enigma
Some people say I'm horrible, but in reality, I have the heart of a little boy... in a jar on my desk.

#66 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:48 PM

I could see putting a NF internals in and using it as a clip side arm.

Edit: I see the problem with auto turn...

Edited by nerfspecialforces, 10 November 2004 - 06:49 PM.

QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#67 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:27 PM

If you look at the barrels, they become skinnier in the back. Thus, that would not work.

However, loading stefans could work.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#68 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

Ok if you look at the top of the gun there is an off white part that has ridges in it. Do you think this could attach to something? Cough Cough titan?
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#69 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:53 PM

yes

#70 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:02 PM

Ok if you look at the top of the gun there is an off white part that has ridges in it. Do you think this could attach to something? Cough Cough titan?

It is part of the N-Strike line, and thus would logically be integrateable into the Unity Power System.

#71 the guy who unleashed hell

the guy who unleashed hell

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:03 PM

If you look at the barrels, they become skinnier in the back. Thus, that would not work.

That just looks like that for design proposes.

#72 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:16 PM

That just looks like that for design proposes.

Im confused. What isnt for design purposes? Or do you mean visual design?

We are talking about the internals of the barrels as seen in the second photo.

#73 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

This looks like it would be difficult to mod. Sure you could put PVC/CPVC/Brass etc. on the front, but the dart going from revolver 2 barrel would be catastrophic, huge, lose of range. I don't see any other way of modding, other than cutting off the front, and having the revolver completely visible, and attach 6 barrels to that itself.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#74 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

Well, Since the scout is being replaced... What replaces the hornet?
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#75 Precision

Precision

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:39 PM

Dangit, I'm worried about this gun. Sure I know Groove will enjoy running around pretending he is a space cowboy like Spike, but the cocking mechanism is similar to that of the Scout. The Scout has a very small plunger. I hope Nerf changes the plunger to a more traditional Nerf plunger. If Nerf doesn't, my rubberbands will be sad :( I am very happy that it is sold alone instead of with a couple other guns. Does Nerf have plans to ever release the N-Strike Red set guns apart from each other? I hope so, because I don't have the money to buy a N-Strike and the only gun I really want is the Hornet (the Titan is cool but is too powerful modded). I know many kids don't have the money to buy the N-Strike. Still that Maverick does look stylish. Is Nerf planning to release more guns in the N-Strike line? It seems like Nerf is on a roll.
Headshot every time....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users