Nf20

that's NOT a typo

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:15 PM

My latest modification. In a nutshell, it's a NF with a RF20 Turret mounted on it.

Please forgive the terrible quality, but the only photo acquisition tool that worked was my crappy webcam. I tried my best to enhance them in photchop.

Posted Image

Side view

Posted Image

Diagonal view

I began the mod by removing the "Laser Light" thingy. I then cut four slots in the thing which used to hold the lens of the light. this was where I installed the RF20 turret.

The next thing I did was to install the Black thingy that supplied air to the turret. I achieved this by shoving a piece of 1/2" copper Repair coupling into the back of the black thingy. (which also came out of my old RF20) I then put some 1/2" CPVC into the Copper repair coupling. This I mounted to the plunger tube.

Now, came alignment. I had to completely redo the mod three times to get the alignment right. Unfortunately, you cannot learn from my mistakes, because the correct alignment of everything will vary. So, BEWARE THE TOUGH PART!!!!

Next, barrels. I found that the stock turret barrels cannot be used because you must seal the entire thing at once, something I can't do with Hot glue. So, in light of that, I chose to use 2.5" CPVC barrels, the inner barrels are relatively straight, but the outer barrels are angled every which way. And to that, I say TOO F***ing BAD!

Finally, I found the gun to be a little too front-heavy for my tastes, so I hot glued a couple of bolts into the old battery slots, and used a piece of steel tubing for a "Scope" (which has no value except that it helps ballance the gun and makes it look cool.)

It will fire nearly 50' with great velocity.

So, Whadaya think?
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

What the fuck is that picture? It looks like a bad Photo-Shop job, with a nice blurry outline 60 px thick. I have no idea what to make of it.

50' is what could be expected from the RF20 with 17/32nds nests in 9/16ths barrels; and it's automatic. Oh, and it's also more balanced.

Not to knock you down, but I think it's pointless. The only thing is it can be cocked very quickly... but there's no automatic capabilities. It's 20, 50' shots; slower than an RF 20, and probably less accurate with that barrel replacement job.

Cool idea though.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:53 PM

What the fuck is that picture? It looks like a bad Photo-Shop job, with a nice blurry outline 60 px thick. I have no idea what to make of it.

Wel, I'm not very good with photoshop, so, there's not much I could do.

Anyway, perhaps it's pointless, perhaps not, I didn't make this to be compared to an RF20, I made it to be compared to a NF. It's not a primary weapon. Besides, I had a destroyed RF20, a NF that I was tired of using with only one shot.

Besides, Twenty single shots will last you longer than twenty full auto shots will. Not to mention, I've never been able to get my RF20 to shoot more than 35'

On Pudding

On a Sweedish Chainsaw

#4 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:02 PM

Wel, I'm not very good with photoshop, so, there's not much I could do.

Anyway, perhaps it's pointless, perhaps not, I didn't make this to be compared to an RF20, I made it to be compared to a NF. It's not a primary weapon. Besides, I had a destroyed RF20, a NF that I was tired of using with only one shot.

Besides, Twenty single shots will last you longer than twenty full auto shots will. Not to mention, I've never been able to get my RF20 to shoot more than 35'

Yes yes. I think I came on too hard. With the given circumstances, you definatly came through with something original. I still applaud your effort, just not it's functionality/practicality.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#5 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:11 PM

just not it's functionality/practicality.

I'm not sure how practical it really is, It's more one of those things I've wanted to do for a while. (Heck, the thing's held together with hot glue, I'm worried about its durability as well.)

By the way, I kinda cleaned up the pics. I hate my webcam!!! *throws webcam across room* ^_^

Edited by Tinkerer, 08 November 2004 - 09:13 PM.

On Pudding

On a Sweedish Chainsaw

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:29 PM

I had done something similar with a SM1500 turret (got some MASSIVE pics), but it destoyed itself with the shear power of the piston spring forcing the piston into the cylinder head, which shot the whole assembly about fout feet. I'm happy to see someone had better luck with a heavier, larger capacity turret. Nice job.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#7 Goat

Goat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:40 PM

That's a very creative, and cool looking gun. I put an airtech 2000 turret on my nitefinder, the range is about 45 ft. and the shots are inconsistent. I can probably up the range though. That is an amazing range for an rf20 turret by the way.

Edited by Goat, 09 November 2004 - 06:41 PM.

Bag it.-C.S.I.

#8 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:37 AM

i second goat, way to go on a totally original mod. i'd love to see better pix, and maybe a detailed writeup, but the idea itslf and the fact that you actually built it is really cool.

just to clarify: is this the action (piston etc) of an RF 20 or the piston/cylinder of a NF?

#9 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:46 PM

just to clarify: is this the action (piston etc) of an RF 20 or the piston/cylinder of a NF?

NF's piston.

On Pudding

On a Sweedish Chainsaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users