Photo

Election 2k4

139 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:41 PM

I know this is only pertinent to the three or four dozen members who are adults living in the US but I'm going to plaster it all over the main page anyhow. Whether your political views are left, right, or other please make sure you go vote today. The only losers in a free election are those who don't bother to step up and voice their opinion.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:54 PM

New avatar I see. I never thought it would change. Is it like that just for the election or are you keeping it for good?
~Halfling

#3 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:47 PM

Especially if you live in FL, OH, PA, or NJ.
And, every other state also.

Even more importantly, vote for the right guys.
Kerry Edwards.
Tyranny Response Team

#4 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:49 PM

I know of 8 people that left the presidential section of their ballot blank...they will recieve a verbal bashing followed by a lecture next time I see them.

I might be able to vote next time, but my 18th birthday will be within 3 days before the election, so I don't know how that'll work.

Nice avatar cxwq. Quite patriotic.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#5 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:54 PM

Kerry Edwards.

What are you, MTV?

Vote for who you wish, just be sure to vote. If you dont vote you lose any right to complain about politics for 4 years.

GeneralPrimevil I think you can register 6 months before your birthday or something like that. You should be able to pull it off, I just dont remember the exact details.

Hows this:

And Then They Voted

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real state agent which direction was North because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up very morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?" When another person jumped in and explained that the sun rises in the East (and has for some time), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff."

.... And then she voted!

I used to work in technical support for a 24x7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh ... Pacific."

.... And then he voted!

So my colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the admin. assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving."

.... And then she voted!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the passenger side door's map pocket.

.... And then she voted!

I was hanging out with a friend of mine when we saw a woman walk by us with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I had to explain to her that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned!

.... And then she voted!

My girlfriend and I were picking up some sandwiches from the sub place last week and she asked the clerk which one of two sandwiches was better. The clerk didn't have an opinion but did say that the first sandwich was more expensive. My girlfriend got a quizzical look on her face and asked, "If that's the case, why are they both listed with the same price on the menu?"

To this, the clerk responded, "I don't think they tax the turkey."

.... And then he voted!

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because they were trained professionals and I was in good hands.

"Now," She asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"

.... And then she voted!

So if these people are going to go vote, you better go vote too!

Edited by >Fuse<, 02 November 2004 - 05:58 PM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:22 PM

The only losers in a free election are those who don't bother to step up and voice their opinion.

Amen to that.

And to those who we teased about your opinion meaning nothing since y'all can't vote; we were just screwin' with ya.

My hat's off to you young people passionate enough to keep up with the issues, wether you get your info from the Washington Post or the Wall Street Journal, at least I'm confident that there are young people who I can have hope for in the future who will steer this country; left or right, doesn't matter; at least it's going somewhere.

Keep the flame.

And too bad, my district gets our results in last in the country; though our electoral college votes don't heavily influence the presidential race.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (crankymonky @ Nov 2 2004, 02:47 PM)
Kerry Edwards.

What are you, MTV?

Isn't MTV non-partisan?
I was just making a joke...
The American President must represent the American people, so vote, unless polls close in like 5 minutes for your state. EEK, polls closing soon for some states.

Edited by crankymonky, 02 November 2004 - 06:57 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#8 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:10 PM

The funniest thing is everyone bags the shit out of people like Howard [in our recent election] and Bush, saying that they're complete dicks and quoting all their mishaps like Iraq and such, and everyone expresses their for them, but someone, for some reason, people still vote for them and they remain in power.

No-one at all likes Howard, but how the fuck did he get back in this year as Australian Prime Minister? Because no-one will own up to voting for him.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#9 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:39 PM

Florida: PUSH HARD!
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#10 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:57 PM

Got my vote in for the Wisconsin polls. Let's see how this mess turns out. I also convinced my girlfriend to go out and vote, although she hates both Bush and Kerry. She told me she's going to vote for Nader this year. If you hate both the Republicans and Dems, then vote for the Libertarian, Green Party or Nader, or whoever the hell else is listed on your ballot.

One major reason why many undecided people choose the major parties is because they feel that their vote won't count if they vote otherwise. Although the third party candidates may not win this election, at least you are helping them put a dent in the current system by showing your support for them.

No matter who gets elected, I doubt that it will be the end of the world because of it.

Excercise your rights!

Vote, dammit, vote!

Edited by Oroku_Saki, 02 November 2004 - 07:58 PM.

"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#11 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:08 PM

Exercise your right to vote.

You are obliged to vote.

You need to vote.

Why didn't you vote?

Vote?

Why didn't you vote?

Thats ALL I HAVE BEEN HEARING the whole day. I turn on the TV, I see ladies chanting You need to vote! I get home from college, parents ask me did I vote? Why didn't you vote? I go on NerfHaven, front page topic, Go out an vote or you are l000s4r! And most of all I live in OHIO!!!!

Let the flaming begin!
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#12 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

I'm sorry to break up all this voting happiness, but I don't really think that some people should be able to vote. Because you might have peer pressure or something else driving you to vote for what you don't even know about. I belive that they should have an easy test of some kind that would just make sure that the people know what their doing, ex/ who are the main candidates(sp?) for this years election? Although it might sound crazy, I belive that there is someone in the United States that has cast a vote on something they don't know about. The only problem I see with this is that people will probably get angry with that because they think that everyone has a right to vote. Oh well, I'm just a crazy guy that still thinks that communism is the most efficient way of running a country.

Edited by FIDO, 02 November 2004 - 09:03 PM.

Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#13 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

sn't MTV non-partisan?

Have you seen any of their Vote or Die material this year? It's quite biased against Bush. Hell, Im voting democrat, but I still think MTV has sorta run the good name of Rock the Vote into the dirt on this one. I agree he should represent the American people, and that is why I say VOTE. Period. Not Vote, and please vote for my guy! That time has passed.

FIDO, yeah, everyone has subliminal influences when it comes to voting. You have unknown pressures when it comes to the gas you buy. You cant control the world. Let them vote. It is their right.

So how about this Bush inviting the press into the White House for a last-minute interview? Personally I think its some dirty bullshit. Hes still scared, and they've come up with a sleezy tactic at the last minute. He should not be allowed air time without prior arrangements on election day while the polls are open. If he wants air time, the opposition should have been notified before hand.

What an asshole.

#14 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

What an asshole.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Edited by Nerfman2222, 02 November 2004 - 09:57 PM.

#15 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:21 PM

He should not be allowed air time without prior arrangements on election day while the polls are open. If he wants air time, the opposition should have been notified before hand.

familiar with freedom of the motherfucking press? you know, the first item in the bill of rights?

if someone wants to give airtime to the Bush campaign, let 'em. Kerry could have done the same thing, it's not like
A. nobody but G Dub knew about this press conference, or
B. there aren't networks that would pratically pay Kerry to do the same.

#16 Inferno

Inferno

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:22 AM

So how about this Bush inviting the press into the White House for a last-minute interview? Personally I think its some dirty bullshit. Hes still scared, and they've come up with a sleezy tactic at the last minute. He should not be allowed air time without prior arrangements on election day while the polls are open. If he wants air time, the opposition should have been notified before hand.

What an asshole.

What the fuck are you talking about? Kerry was doing the exact same thing, only from a motel. BOTH fucking candidates were taking interviews and trying to get their images out there at the last minute. Just watch the news and you will see both Bush AND Kerry were getting on camera to try and sway last minute voters.

If you think that Bush is an asshole for doing this, then you're also calling Kerry an asshole, too.
"I figured out what was wrong with your vacuum. Turns out a half-eaten meatball was clogging up the intake."
"Oh...well, did ya save it?"
"Uh-no."
"...You bastard."
-Family Guy

#17 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:53 AM

Perhaps I should point out that when I posted that it was immediately after Bush invited the press into the White House, and at the time nobody did know about it, and Kerry wasnt doing the same thing. Smartass. Ever heard of the equal motherfucking time rule? (And yes, I know it wouldnt even have applied, Im talking principals)

B. there aren't networks that would pratically pay Kerry to do the same.

Liberal media? Its a fact that the majority of television stations are owned by highly right-wing people.

#18 Inferno

Inferno

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:00 AM

Smartass. Ever heard of the equal motherfucking time rule? (And yes, I know it wouldnt even have applied, Im talking principals)

Oh wow. I posted like 3 hours after you did. Heh, whoops. I didn't notice that one. But still, they were doing the same thing at about the same times. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. I just thought that your "What and asshole" comment was a tad rough considering that Kerry was doing the same thing at about the same time.

Edited by Inferno, 03 November 2004 - 03:01 AM.

"I figured out what was wrong with your vacuum. Turns out a half-eaten meatball was clogging up the intake."
"Oh...well, did ya save it?"
"Uh-no."
"...You bastard."
-Family Guy

#19 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:09 AM

Fox News is the only conservative major news network. As for liberal networks? You've got CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, even PBS which people of all political persuasion pay taxes to fund through the Coorporation for Public Broadcasting. I'm taking Mass Media and Society this semester @ college so I've got a whole textbook and all my lectures to go quote from if you need it.

I did my part and voted for Kerry, but it seems from the Minnesota's 10 electoral college votes are going to him already. When I turned off the TV it was looking grim for Kerry but it's possible. We'll see how things turn out in the morning.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#20 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:07 AM

Janga, it looked the same when I went to bed, and I just woke up. It's looking plausible, 254-252 Bush. And if bush sees his shadow and wins, we could have 4 more years of global winter.

And to all that voted: Yay, you did your part. Personally I did for the first time. I found out also that my dad wasn't registered, but I convinced him to register. He didn't because his father worked for public services and voted around 20 times per election for dead people, etc. Sad. Hope that doesn't still happen.
At least I can feel good because my Connecticut vote did something.
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#21 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:51 AM

Adios, America.

Say goodbye to your economy. To your standard of living and any hope of a nice retirement. Say goodbye to privacy and freedom of speech. Say goodbye to chosing whether or not you are fit to raise a child. Say goodbye to being able to share your love with the person who is most important to you. Say goodbye to seeing your sons and friends any time soon. Say goodbye to freedom and justice, America, because you just slid that dagger right between its ribs.

#22 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:22 AM

Ohio is the new Florida. Just wait for the Supreme Court case: Bush v. Kerry. We'll know who's president in a month.

Yay lawsuits in the american political system.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#23 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:21 AM

And now it's official. The only ringing from freedom it its death knell.

#24 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:20 PM

Well, technically nothing is decided until Dec 13th when the electors do their thing. Kerry's concession is basically an indication that he won't be behind any Republican-esque lawsuits to determine the outcome. That said, it's a pretty slim chance for Kerry at this point as he's 130k votes behind in Ohio with 100-250k provisional and absentee votes yet to be counted.

The Christian War Party has maintained control of the USA.

So it goes.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#25 Lemmypoo

Lemmypoo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:43 PM

SHIT! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! SHIIIIIITTTTTT!
Uh what I meant to say was:
FUCKING SHIT!!!
Followed by:
SHIT ON ME!
After that, I would immediately point out:
JESUS FUCKING H. CHRIST!

Well I'll meet you guys over in France, seeya later!
Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!

Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

-brothers Macmanus, Boondock Saints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users