The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Where would it be?

28 replies to this topic

#26 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:23 PM

If only we could use sensors the size and weight of fishing weights.. that would be coooll...
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#27 Crest of Fire

Crest of Fire

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 11:04 PM

All these ideas would be cool, but too urban, my ideal spot would be nothern canadian mountains. Ice, snow, and snowboards. But any where would be fine, as long as it is cold snowy and mountanous. :huh:

#28 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:45 AM

Well, if you installed a small lithium battery in each dart, with a simple pressure-triggered electrical contact, hooked to a thin wire wrapped inside a hole bored in the back of the dart, you could use the momentary magnetic force produced by a hit to trigger electromagnetic sensors in either the arena or a small modified radio-like sensor on each person's belt, which relays the signal back to a central system upon detection, or just blares a nice little screeching sound. ...Or, we could all just play fair. ;)

As to the houses under construction; Get a good clan together, find someone with a relatively large backyard, each person throws in $50 or so for all the lumber, particle board, and nails/screws, and you make a safe infrastructure. Then you play. Of course, this requires motivation and free space, which not everyone has, but think of this as a really big tree fort. Really big, two-story, and having nothing to do with trees except the materials. Who knows? Enough money, you could make two of those infrastructures, plus some barriers, and you have what many Paintball fields have. But cooler, because you made it.

As to fantasy, well, my town would be cool. My town, with all citizens, and all kids in every school armed, all automobiles disallowed, though manual transportation is acceptable, and all buildings opened. Oh, and all moderated by some divine force that knows what a hit is, and how to slap around liars. ...Which reminds me; I need to get a large team of mappers together, and we need to convert our city into a map for Half-life or something. That could be fun... And municipally beneficial! ...And nigh impossible.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#29 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 11:07 PM

I think the ultimate Nerf arena would be a gigantic public bathroom...

So come down and we'll have one at the Creek.

Is that some sort of sick implication?
Name's Ash, Housewares

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users