The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Where would it be?

28 replies to this topic

#1 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:06 PM

I just wanted to know what you guys think the untimate Nerf arena would be. It doesn't have to be possible, just explain what it is and why you picked it.

I got my idea from LOTS. Have any of you been to Busch Gardens? I love that place. But anyways, he said that that would be the ultimate place for a Nerf war. Just think, you could have as many teams as there are countries and have each country be that teams base. Like Ireland for example, that would be the team I would be on, just because I love Ireland. But each team would have a few maps, and you could play kind of... hmm... like a capture the flag/scavanger hunt or something. I dunno how that would work, but it would still be cool. Anyways, tell me what you think and post your own ideas!

Go Hokies!

#2 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:29 PM

the ultimate arena (impossible) would be an arena like that of the battlerooms in Ender's Game. the ultimate arena (possible) would be a war in a medieval castle. that would just be sweet.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#3 That Bald Guy

That Bald Guy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 12:33 AM

The Impossible: 10 Acres of land including wooded areas with rope bridges and hunting blinds, rocky hills for capture the flag, and a beach with cliffs so we can get the "D-Day" vibe going. A concrete slab about two football fields in length for "urban" shoot-em-ups. And a Juice Bar. A massive Juice Bar.

The Possible: My high school on the weekends, the local airfield, Strawberry Patch Park... Any place that will have two or three emotionally immature people, really.
That Bald Guy: Definitely not the Eugene Stoner of the Nerf world.

#4 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:49 AM

Me and Kevin have actaully toyed with the idea of creating a nerf arena before. I have a program where you could design homes and what not. I decided to use it for a better purpose however while bored one day. I created two arenas, for all types of combat, all indoor, all outdoor. They were pretty sweet. Then I created LANO. Seriously, we looked at the pictures, and recreated LANO. Whats cool about the program is that you can walk through in 3D. Which means we created statagies, in a 3D enviorment. Anyway, Maybe one day I'll make so I can post'em and show all you guys.
www.Gainsae.com

#5 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:43 PM

The Impossible: 10 Acres of land including wooded areas with rope bridges and hunting blinds, rocky hills for capture the flag, and a beach with cliffs so we can get the "D-Day" vibe going. A concrete slab about two football fields in length for "urban" shoot-em-ups. And a Juice Bar. A massive Juice Bar.

I really like your idea. Expecially the D-Day thing, that would be fun. Heh, juice bar. Why a juice bar?
Go Hokies!

#6 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:33 PM

I think the ultimate Nerf arena would be a gigantic public bathroom...
Name's Ash, Housewares

#7 Frenzied fury

Frenzied fury

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:58 PM

My ideal place:
A five level underground complex, five hundred by five hundred feet each level, one a deep basement level, split into multiple rooms, the second being a industrialized type room with multiple hinding places, the third being a large open area, much like a indoor park, the fourth being a mini neighborhood, and the top one being a large open floor with four forts, one in each corner. That's my idea. It would be deep underground, or above ground, and have the ability to teleport nerfers from anywhere in the world at any time for massive nerf wars. It's my dream place. (It really is.)
Actually, that's one I copied from a post elsewhere, which is rather old, but it's still the same.

#8 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:32 PM

A Boeing 747 flying through the sky at subsonic speeds. That way, I could hide by the door and open it when people walk by. Heh heh heh. Kinda like CS's De_747. Hmm.. A lot of CS levels would make good nerf arenas.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#9 freakymist

freakymist

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:36 PM

The Possible: My high school on the weekends, the local airfield, Strawberry Patch Park... Any place that will have two or three emotionally immature people, really.

There is a ten acre park right in front of my house! Lots of trees, an open field, a few hills , but no beach ;)

#10 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:57 PM

Uh... why excatly? Please explain.
Go Hokies!

#11 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:35 AM

My ideal place:
A five level underground complex, five hundred by five hundred feet each level, one a deep basement level, split into multiple rooms, the second being a industrialized type room with multiple hinding places, the third being a large open area, much like a indoor park, the fourth being a mini neighborhood, and the top one being a large open floor with four forts, one in each corner. That's my idea. It would be deep underground, or above ground, and have the ability to teleport nerfers from anywhere in the world at any time for massive nerf wars. It's my dream place. (It really is.)
Actually, that's one I copied from a post elsewhere, which is rather old, but it's still the same.

Oh yeah, so no one can hit eachother. Good call.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#12 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:47 AM

My Ultimate Nerf Arena? Simple.... some place to Nerf where you DON'T LOSE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DART YOU MAKE!!! That or anyplace that paid me a living wage to Nerf. It could be the fuckin back room of a zoo where they try to force pandas to mate... I don't care, as long as I didn't lose darts.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#13 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 01:54 PM

It could be the fuckin back room of a zoo where they try to force pandas to mate...

Do you have any idea how random that was?
Go Hokies!

#14 Frenzied fury

Frenzied fury

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:51 PM

My ideal place:

Oh yeah, so no one can hit eachother. Good call.

It's for very large scale. Any single level would be utilized for smaller wars. Sorry to not have specified that.

#15 That Bald Guy

That Bald Guy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:59 PM

I agree with Famine about losing darts. The three darts that originally went with my Secret Shot have all been absorbed into the clutter of my friends' houses.
That Bald Guy: Definitely not the Eugene Stoner of the Nerf world.

#16 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:50 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I once played that as a UT map.

As for the enders game thing, you could never effectively nerf in a battleschool arena. The "stars" wouldn't provide enough cover for reloading, and you can't dodge stefans when you're in zero G without being ancored to something. Now, if they gave you "Hooks" (the magnetic things that let you fly around freely) and free rain over the whole school (includeing barracks, arena, arcade, cafeteria, ductwork, and administrative offices) then you could have something, but the arena from the book only worked well on the principal that you had unlimited ammo, you couldn't move when hit, and your hits were instantainous.

Ideal Arena: That UT map (phobos?)of a space station with the really tall elevator shaft with a loser platform at the top and an open area in the middle.
~or~
A big multi-level complex with plenty of corridors with alcoves in them, and an area in the middle with cables that you have to walk through (like in aliens?)

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#17 Lord of the Springs

Lord of the Springs

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:04 PM

the ideal nerf arena would be a large, spread-out park-like place with loads of cover items and open spaces. in my opinion, if there were no kids, then kidsburg would be the best. :P
One spring to rule them all, One spring to find them,
One spring to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Arrostorms lie...

#18 Inlitned1

Inlitned1

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:18 PM

Or crotchity old men. then you have a great place
Back from the dead
-Shoot first, count bodys later

#19 Lord of the Springs

Lord of the Springs

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:22 PM

Or crotchity old men.  then you have a great place

if there werent any kids, then we wouldnt have to worry about him. and he COULD be easily taken care of...

*yawns
*tosses grenade
*shed where crochity old man is explodes

One spring to rule them all, One spring to find them,
One spring to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Arrostorms lie...

#20 JT Nerf Girl

JT Nerf Girl

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:33 PM

Or crotchity old men. then you have a great place

if there werent any kids, then we wouldnt have to worry about him. and he COULD be easily taken care of...

*yawns
*tosses grenade
*shed where crochity old man is explodes

That's so crule!! Haha, but still funny!
Go Hokies!

#21 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 11:57 AM

So come down and we'll have one at the Creek.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#22 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 04:47 PM

Construction for a new building at my school is underway. It looks like a castle of rebar and cinderblock. It has a halfway finished second story with small windows along the top of the wall, perfect loser nests. I'm seriously thinking about going to my school during a weekend and Nerf there with my friends.
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#23 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:29 AM

schools would have to be the best nerfing arena (but impossible favourite would be dday with nerf mortars and machine gun nerf hooked up to an air compressor and 10000000 stefans for machine gun nests.) My school would have ta be ideal with a three level wing filled with lockers with gaps between them for pranks or nerf-wise ambushes or losing and each level is lined ENTIRELY with windows for losing or as lame ass year 7s do... spitting or dropping water bombs on ppl going to there lockers at end of lunch (im guilty of water bombs and once being a lame ass year 7).

similar to my predecessing anzacs in galipoli:
dday like beaches which hit steep gruelling cliffs with well placed machine gun nests and once the beaches are taken they settle down into trenches once over the cliffs
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#24 Ecks

Ecks

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:18 PM

Damn, some of these replies are horrible. I'd nerf in a gigantic underground complex! I'd nerf in a building that's still under construction! Well, the under-construction building might not be so bad so long as the police don't find out, and you're not dumbass enough to injure yourself.

Look, it's simple. If you wanna talk impossible dreams, then I can cook thousands up. Hell, take a look at almost any Quake/UT/"Your Game Here" level, and it would probably make a bitchin' place to Nerf.

If you wanna talk REALITY, then any good park will do ya'. Seriously, sometimes the ideal places to Nerf are right in front of you.
X // Jon Canady
Back in my day, we didn't make our own guns. Closest thing to homemade we had was Ph34r!!

#25 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 03:35 PM

Many years ago, like 8 or 9 years ago, a friend and I broke in (well not exactly broke in, there weren't any locks on the doors) to a house that was still under construction, although it already had walls and floors and ceilings. It was so fucking sweet, but looking back we would have SO been in trouble if the cops had been called. So yea, don't do that.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users