Ridiculous Question

A silly question, but I need to ask it

19 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom X

Phantom X

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:15 PM

Alright, I don't know what to do. I don't get any practice around here (thanx to the little fact that I'm the only person in my entire family tree that wants anything to do with nerf guns) and I don't know how to get practice xept by nerf wars. Does anyone have an alternate way so I can practice for nerf wars?
My keyboard is dusty. How did it get this dusty? Who knows. The spirit
of dust, the dust fairy... Dustor, the dust monster... who knows.

I should probably dust my keyboard now.

#2 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:58 PM

Yep, Set up a practice course in your back yard. Have you seen "SWAT"? (It's a movie) There's a pratice course in the movie, where the guys run down the course shooting at these targets with rifles, drop the rifles, whipt out some pistols, do a wierd roll, and shoot the whole clip at a paper target. Plus, you can switch the course around.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#3 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:50 PM

set up cans or somethin in your backyard on tables, and practice jumpin around corners then shooting to pratice speed and accuracy....
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#4 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:54 AM

There is a gun at my TRU that comes with a moving target. It is similar to a skeet shoot for shotguns. It has two modes of practice. The first it rolls a target, round disk made of plastic I believe, on the ground and the second it is suppose to launch it 20 some feet in the air. This might work better since your trying to hit moving targets. Since most of the time your targets won’t stand that still for you.

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 10:36 AM

Do you war at all? Do you have friends who want to play? If not why even bother if youre never going to play anyways? You can always shoot at homemade targets.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 10:42 AM

Get a couple extra guns, get at least two other people together, and have a mini-war. You can't really drill to prepare for a nerf war. The best thing to do is nerf as often as possible.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Rutt

Rutt

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

Langly is right, but since nobody seems to like to Nerf in my area, I have alot of time to think up little things.

One I have made up and tested is the fan-target. You just need to get a large loose shirt and a fan. First you need to set the fan up, then strech the shirt over the fan and secure it, then turn the fan on high.
Posted Image

Edited by Rutt, 06 October 2004 - 01:15 PM.

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
George Orwell

#8 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:35 PM

One I have made up and tested is the fan-target. You just need to get a large loose shirt and a fan. First you need to set the fan up, then strech the shirt over the fan and secure it, then turn the fan on high.

Ok, THAT's what I call creative.

#9 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:26 PM

Practice with other people, that is the most effective way. Teaches you how to work like a team and cover areas efficiently. Also makes you learn not to be the idiots that runs up to the enemy, shoots randomly, and screams and run. Personally, if you are going to practice alone, try with moving targets, that skill always comes in handy.
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#10 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:00 PM

Practice with other people, that is the most effective way. Teaches you how to work like a team and cover areas efficiently. Also makes you learn not to be the idiots that runs up to the enemy, shoots randomly, and screams and run. Personally, if you are going to practice alone, try with moving targets, that skill always comes in handy.

He has already said more than once that he is looking for a way to practice on his own because there arent other people to practice with. Now if you want to suggest a way to make moving targets, that would be helpful.

That t-shirt thing is cool. Great way to represent the real size of what you will be shooting at. I used to hang up garment bags to use for target practice. They had little targets drawn on them as my goal, but if I missed the target I could still tell if it would have been a point on the other person in a war.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#11 KaptonKonfusion

KaptonKonfusion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:31 AM

Well in The Haze's and I neighborhood we have a rabbit problem during spring and summer... So (this may sound cruel) but we go out shooting rabbits with Max Shots... I got up so close to one by sneaking in bushes I nailed him right in the side from like less then 2 feet away... awesome
"Whoa whoa whoa... wait a sec, I can shoot people with guns... It hurts and there's no nasty paint left over?!?! That's freakin AWESOME!!!"

#12 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

Well in The Haze's and I neighborhood we have a rabbit problem during spring and summer... So (this may sound cruel) but we go out shooting rabbits with Max Shots... I got up so close to one by sneaking in bushes I nailed him right in the side from like less then 2 feet away... awesome

My family has a crow problem in my backyard. The crows are digging up the back yard, so my mom pays me to shoot them. I usually miss, but when I hit them, they usually stay away for quite a while.

Edited by FIDO, 23 October 2004 - 01:32 PM.

Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#13 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:05 PM

Thats a great deal. I wish someone would pay me to shoot birds.
~Halfling

#14 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:28 PM

we go out shooting rabbits with Max Shots... I got up so close to one by sneaking in bushes I nailed him right in the side from like less then 2 feet away... awesome

Shooting rabbits is not cool. That's gotta hurt with a maxshot.

#15 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

If you have siblings pay them to run around you shoot...Or if you have a cat, those things are hard to hit.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#16 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:33 PM

If you have siblings pay them to run around you shoot...Or if you have a cat, those things are hard to hit.

Shooting cats = Not cool at all.

I'm sorry, but that's probably the crappiest thing I've read all day. Nerf could seriously hurt a cat, with it's small frame. Nerf shouldn't be shot at any pets, because an injury will occur. Unless you want your chosen target to hate you for the rest of it's days (they're good at holding grudges), don't shoot your cats/dogs/flyingsheep/small rodents/ferrets/lizards/octopie/or any other house-hold animal.

I couldn't let that go.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#17 KaptonKonfusion

KaptonKonfusion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:19 AM

Actually surprisingly enough rabbits are really really musculer with all that hopping they do... Cats arent so strong.. and i love cats... i have 4 and if i shot one they would gouge my eyes out. But during winter i run around my house and shoot pictures in glass frames and i do crazy rolls and crap.
"Whoa whoa whoa... wait a sec, I can shoot people with guns... It hurts and there's no nasty paint left over?!?! That's freakin AWESOME!!!"

#18 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:55 PM

i have to ask, Is it really that hard to get other people around you to nerf?
If your friends wont nerf with you, than i would say that you're in trouble.

Try gettin 2 unmodded NFs and then commence firing on a friend. unless they are a complete wuss, they will want to grab one of them and return fire. after you make an afternoon of it. you can take it to the Next Level ! booyahkashaa!

#19 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:27 PM

I've got a squirrel problem in my area. They keep eating the birdseed from my feeders. They are really small and hard to hit so when I finally get a war going on I should be well prepared. I’ve got crows as well but they are more skittish than the squirrels.

#20 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:25 PM

Alright. Strict orders from me. Kapton, you and haze must set up a war near northern illinois during thanksgiving so that ompa and I can go to a God damn war!!
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users