Photo

How Do I Make A Nerf Faster?

5 replies to this topic

#1 gregsantos

gregsantos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:08 PM

I'm going to get into it abit, how do I raise FPS?

#2 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:23 PM

It depends on which gun you are using. Take the name of your nerf gun, do a search, and you will find many mods out there. Looking at the mods section of this website wouldn't hurt either.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#3 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:36 PM

I already posted in your other thread in General Nerf, so I won't repeat myself. As far as "Nerf Physics" be they what they are, checking the articles section of this site/forums is an extremely good idea. I learned a lot from Cxwq's article about darts and barrels.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#4 KaptonKonfusion

KaptonKonfusion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:14 AM

it depends... do you mean faster firing? Normally you just drill out air restrictors or take out the little pronged bits that hinder air flow... besides that find out what type barrel you have, what kind of dart... so on and so on...
"Whoa whoa whoa... wait a sec, I can shoot people with guns... It hurts and there's no nasty paint left over?!?! That's freakin AWESOME!!!"

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:07 PM

He means the dart flying faster. In paintball, the projectiles fly SO much faster than in nerf. Gregsantos, there really isn't that much you can do to certain guns, but I can give you a general rule of thumb; pump-powered guns usually have a much higher fps than springers do.

~ompa

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:11 PM

You need a looser fit in the barrel, but still a seal. You need high volume, and high pressure. You need air guns like the Titan, 2k, 3k, 5k, blast bazooka, and spring rifles are pretty nice too, but with a tighter barrel such as nested brass, or cpvc.

THIRST
ko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users