Need Help

Want to Get Into Nerf A Little

31 replies to this topic

#1 gregsantos

gregsantos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:57 PM

Hey, I found this forum when I was browsing. My true love is paintball but I want something to play in the house. What is a good nerf gun under 30 bucks? How can I modify it so I can actually feel it? Any other tips for someone like me?

#2 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:19 PM

You really want pain? Go get and N-Strike a toys r us for 35, sell the scout(pistol) and hornet(6 shot gun). Put on a new barrel and have fun giving yourself welts.
PS-Don't use your real name (if it is) as your account name.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#3 gregsantos

gregsantos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:24 PM

Probably doesnt some to PB but that sounds good, once money isn't as low, I'm gonna pick one up. Thanks and is there anything else I should know?

#4 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:34 PM

Probably the best thing to do at this point is read as much as possible: the site, the forums, head over to NHQ and read their stuff, look into the links on both sites and look at stuff, head to www.NerfCenter.com for reviews of most of the modern guns, and so on. Once you read the forums a few days and research stuff you wanna know about, a lot of it will come to pretty easily. The Nite Finder is an excellent cheap pistol still in many stores that would be great for getting some experience modifying; and since their cheap, you can afford to buy a few in case of screw ups or you want to experiment.

Welcome to the Boards
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:46 AM

The Night Finder and the N-Strike set are the only decent guns readily available in stores right now, but there's lots of good stuff on ebay and here in the trading forums. Pick something you like in the mods section and find one for sale used. Any gun with a modded flat range of 90'+ will definitely sting on bare skin and bruise or welt at close range. You'll need to make homemade (stefan) darts for use with most of these mods - make sure you do so because it will significantly increase your range and accuracy.

My true love is Nerf but I occasionally talk to PBers. Welcome to NH.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:37 PM

...I occasionally talk to PBers....

Hehehe brings back this one thread I remember. :P :P

If you want a nice modded Night Finder I will sell you mine. I have a brass (very good barrel for most nerf guns) barrel on it and they get 65'+, inside they are devasting and will leave welts, REALLY will leave welts. If you are interested just pm me or you can post on this thread. ;)

#7 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:47 PM

I don't think that nerf has to be proven by how much it hurts. For indoor fights, you can easily mod a gun so that it doesn’t hurt, but still travels an impressive distance.

As suggested above, a Nitefinder is a great starter gun (as far as today goes), but what I'd recommend is not modding it to its max power. You can decide what type of ranges and power you want by the way you modify your air restrictor.

Another way is to modify solely internally, and keep the barrel as it is, because adding on 4 inches of brass will add to the power.

However, if you’re actually looking to welt one another, (I’m sure as a PBer you get that enough) you can do what you want.
Indiana '11

#8 gregsantos

gregsantos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

I don't really fell the pain as much as I used to in paintball, most of the time the onky way I know I'm out is by looking at the splatter, that's why I want to mod the nerf so I can feel it even if it doesnt leave a mark. I think I'm going to get an N-Strike.

#9 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:37 PM

Oh...you'll definately feel it.

Don't want marks...if you choose to mod them to what we have decided as their 'best mods', then you should probably wear something more than a think t-shirt. This will be helpful if you get hit anywhere less than 10-15 feet away.

Good luck. Oh...and...the Titan WILL leave marks...
Indiana '11

#10 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:43 PM

And be sure to use a more than healthy serving of hot glue in you stefans... Don't want the slingshots to tear through the glue ;)

#11 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:44 PM

Most people dont feel the balls hit in paintball because your adreline is pumping. if it isnt, then your a really passive guy ;) . Same thing goes for nerf, its a rush, so welts or not, mod the gun to the max. Just wear eye protection, and close your mouth. My brother and I had a nasty incedent with metal tipped darts and a powerclip a few years back. We never found the second half of his tooth...Anyways, yuoll find nerf to be fun, but a lot of the guns cant be used in the house. I have several holes in the hallway wall, along with shattered pciture frames. Use lower powered guns indoors.

THIRST
ko

#12 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:47 PM

The Titan is PERFECT for indoors!
Indiana '11

#13 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:02 PM

The Titan is PERFECT for indoors!

...Quad-barreled... ;)

#14 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:05 PM

...Or 6 barreled...
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#15 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:16 AM

I've lost a tooth because of nerf before as well. The dart flew and suddenly there was a bunch of powder in my mouth. It broke to the vein.

#16 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:12 PM

I as well have lost a tooth as a result of an indoor war.

--Diego

Edited by Diego, 27 October 2004 - 05:12 PM.

Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#17 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

Ouch. No longer will I breathe during a nerf war.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#18 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:04 PM

Maybe, with the fast increase in ranges and power, people should start considering using full paint ball face masks. I know some people chose nerf becuase it didn't require one of these, but if you know what guns your up against, you should probably just give in and wear a mask.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#19 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:22 AM

Screw paintball masks, that's what they made shooting and hardware glasses for. As far as darts hitting my mouth, keeping one's mouth shut isn't difficult at all: its called the "nose." It allows you to breath with you mouth shut; who'da thunk?
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#20 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:26 AM

I knew you wouldn't take to it, but either way.

As far as darts hitting my mouth, keeping one's mouth shut isn't difficult at all: its called the "nose." It allows you to breath with you mouth shut; who'da thunk?

What? Running around like a dick, physical exertion, and your going to be able to get enough air in through your nose. :P I don't think so.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#21 gregsantos

gregsantos

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:39 PM

If any of you guys do get a mask, get a Pro/Flex. It's 50 bucks but worth every penny.

#22 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:49 PM

I mean, if there aren't people within shooting distance, yeah, I breathe through my mouth, but otherwise, I take the heat and use my nose, unless I'm speaking or something. I never keep my mouth open when I'm actually engaged.

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#23 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:17 AM

Eh, I've got my v-force morph. God I love that thing, never fogs on me.

Getting hit in the mouth or nose by a modified nerf gun can't be fun. I can only imagine what a Titan or sm5k would do at close ranges to a nose. B)

~ompa

#24 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:46 AM

I've been shot in the nose with a brassed Crossbow about 45 ft. away, almost broke my nose. There was blood but I lived. After that the LRC kept telling me to wear a paintball mask. I said screw it's just a flesh wound!
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#25 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:50 AM

That's a brassed Crossbow. I have one, and I also have a Titan and an sm5k. The Titan and sm5k, velocity-wise, put the Crossbow to shame. They would do ALOT m ore damage than the Crossbow would. If the Crossbow broke your nose, a Titan or sm5k would break it. And that would be kinda hard to explain to the doctor without them laughing.

Doctor: "How'd you break your nose?"
BK: "Uh, I got hit by a nerf gun"
Doctor: (Trying to suppress a giggle)

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 29 October 2004 - 09:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users