Sm3k?

Guess what the topic is.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Oddball

Oddball

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:15 AM

I was digging through a box of old toys a while back and unearthed an Sm3k I had no idea I posessed (The old kind). I searched the forum, and came up with a bunch of people selling Sm3k shells, but no mods. Has anyone here done anything to these guns? Did they all just toss out the internals because the gun was so crappy?

(Yay first real post...)

EDIT: Just tried to open the cursed thing up, and it looks like the screws are glued in...

Edited by Oddball, 21 October 2004 - 07:24 AM.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:10 AM

A few people have done the pump plug and barrel replace on them. The rotation mechanism and pump got considerably worse on the most recent (blue) incarnation, but other than that they're pretty similar. It's not a bad gun overall if modded well.

You can always single-barrel it if you screw up the rotator so it's worth a try.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:46 PM

well, considerign that the bul dof the gun (themiddle part) is nothing but a hollow tube/box that serves no purpose (see Zero's gun), you could probably integrate to no end. Let us know how it turns out.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#4 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:27 PM

If you do inegrate please post some pictures, :P I'd like to see it when your done.

#5 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

My xbow shell creation has an sm3k tank and before the pump change it got over 100 feet with a cpvc barrel and 4 pumps on the stock pump. The at2k pump I have on it now take 10 pumps, but is much smaller.

The most common problem is with the rotator mech. Most likely the barrels are glued on all the way, making it very difficuly to do a multibarrel mod. Also, depending on what version you have, the turret seal got increasingly worse with every incarnation of it. I suggest single barreling it as the wieght of brass, cpvc, or pvc would be way to much for the turret to handle if multibarreled.

~I also see Ares is getting better at typing by slamming his face into the keyboard. Way to go !

Edited by Dan Wask, 21 October 2004 - 06:37 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users