Saying hi.

27 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:31 PM

:w00t: Hey all, thought I'd say hi.

I'm actually looking to start a group here in my area, I like most of the info provided on mods and stuff, very cool. Actually I think with my group however, we'll be incorporating use of homemade "NerfSabers" aptly named by a friend of mine. Which could add a very interesting feel to the games.

#2 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:32 PM

Whats up man.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#3 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:39 PM

Tell us where you live (EX/ Saratoga, CA) because there might be nerfers near you that could war with you.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#4 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:56 PM

Alright, well, I'm 16, 17 in January, and in Saint Joseph, Missouri, it's about a 60 minute drive north of Kansas City.

Pretty cool, once I get around to it, I'll share construction information on the nerfsabers, my friends and I have a blast with them, and the only real saftey equip suggested (not required) are the padded mechanic gloves you can get at automotive shops.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:03 PM

I noticed one of your prime interests is girls. I don't know how you balance the two, as every girl I've met/run into has been horrified by my "weapons of mass destruction" and have refused to talk to me.

Anyways, welcome to NH, I suggest you read the Code of Conduct, as it's a very, very helpful tool.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 20 October 2004 - 08:07 PM.

#6 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:14 PM

I hear what your saying ompa. When my girl found the room in my apt with nothing but nerf guns and a workbench, it raised a few eyebrows. I explained to her that it was better to have a hobby that let me be a bit childish, than to act that way all the time, and it seemed to work out pretty well for me. That and I promised to never ever ever shoot her with one of the guns. That one is key for any relationship though.

Hope that one helps you to CO and welcome.

#7 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:15 PM

Hehe, yes well while it is an interest, (un)fortunately I'm between girlfriends right now. My recent break-up and I are actually really cool though and do a lot of things together, she's really cool, and not freaked out by weird stuff like the fact that I enjoy playing RP and such.

Anyway, yea, girls are a peculiar subject. At least the ones I know.

#8 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

Been with my girlfriend for about 3 years now. So far, I have been getting her to nerf a little.

You fight with nerf sabers? Damn, those are pretty rare. My friends make foam swords with camping foam and PVC, and then proceed to beat the living shit out of each other with them. Fun stuff.

Welcome to the Haven. Hope you have fun here.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#9 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:49 PM

I noticed one of your prime interests is girls. I don't know how you balance the two, as every girl I've met/run into has been horrified by my "weapons of mass destruction" and have refused to talk to me.

Anyways, welcome to NH, I suggest you read the Code of Conduct, as it's a very, very helpful tool.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

~ompa

Pssh, ompa, he doesn't have to have a girlfriend! He could be one of those creepy voyers (spelling?).

I kid, I kid. Welcome to NH.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#10 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:50 PM

*Laughes* Well one of my other interests is Reniassance Festival and Star Wars, mix the two and you've got my Role-Play group with 1/2" PVC pipe, put a swimming "Fun Noodle" over it with some rubber cement, wrap the handle in leather and go at it. We've had a lot of fun. Most of our sabers are our own color choices, and we've got varied sizes fit to us, for different styles of combat. Plenty of fun.

#11 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:56 PM

Ah, LARPer eh? Ive played in a LARP for 3 years. It was more of the LOTR type of medevil type stuff. Instead of funoodles we used pvc pipe insulation. My character is a level 8 assassin. I dual-weild claws. They kinda look like Vega's claws from street fighter except the claws are less wussey looking.

Great first thread man, I think you will fit in nicely here since you seem to be knowlagable(sp) and have common sence.

Edited by NinjZ, 20 October 2004 - 08:57 PM.

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

Ice, I never said girlfriend. I just meant girls in general. Then again, it might also be my extreme lack of hotness, my tendency to argue, complete inability to have ANY tact, and my inhuman amount of sarcasm. On top of that, add my obsession with computers/video games and my hobby of modifying and making weapons, and you've pretty much got the perfect anti-girl. If anyone wants tips on repulsing girls, I'm your man.

First tip: A total lack of ANY tact will send most girls scrambling faster than if you pull out an Uzi.

~ompa

#13 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

*Laughes* Well it's pretty cool when I can get 10+ posts on my first night.

As for LARP, no we don't, we do mostly Table Top RP, we've focused on Star Wars d20 lately.

However we do also go in full costume, as attendees to the local Reniassance Faire.

As for the previous mention of swearing never to shoot your girlfriend and in turn, keeping her: I'll have to remember that one.

Our nerfsabers have gone under modification actually, we originally used hexagonal piping with pipe insulation around it and wrapped with duct tape. After a few too many busted knuckles and welts, we got the idea to use Swimming noodles, which are highly inexpensive and don't hurt at all, I go against people twice my body weight and manage to compete effectively.
Posted Image

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

Nice gauntlets :angry: .

#15 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

Thanks, a very good friend of mine made them. Technically they're "Bracers" due to the lack of hand/finger covering. And of course the term Bracelet comes from that, meaning a smaller bracer. Sorry... I was compelled to.

Might I also add, that my AIM and MSN are available at the bottom of all my posts, feel free to add me and just mention Nerf, I'll understand who you are. :angry: That's usually the best way to track me down.

#16 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:22 AM

Wow, welcome. Another LARPer, i don't get the feling that many people here are larpers. Right now i'm modding my BBB to make it LARP safe. I've made foam arrows for effective ranged with a medevil feel, as well as tennis ball crossbow. I guess i like nerf so much partly cause i like ranged weapons.
Well, i digress... If you have a larp site for yours, pm me it. My group's is www.geocities.com/zavier_quickblade . good shit.
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#17 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:44 AM

Welcome to this wonderful website, welcome. Nice to see some new people that are forum oreinted(sp?) joining here. I hope you enjoy your stay.
~Halfling

#18 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:41 PM

*Oriented :( And thanks, to everyone actually, it's nice to be in a place where having good grammer and typing capability is appreciated.

Actually the ironic part is that aside from my nerfsabers, I've got no weaponry, I've got to go out and get myself a gun, I think a friend and I are going to go out once we get some cash and look into a gun, I'm thinking spring loaded myself, seems easiest to mod without risk of really messing it up.

#19 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:52 PM

NiteFinders are a great learning gun.

#20 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:24 PM

NiteFinders are a great learning gun.

Very! And for the price ($6) you can mess up and you don't have much loss, so a great learning gun.

Oh, Hi!!! I'm Moosenuk'em. (got it from Duke Nuk'em :P )

#21 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:29 PM

Or try the a2k’s at Target two for 10 is not bad, not too bad at all.

#22 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:30 PM

Ah but of course, though I can't seem to find them in a yahoo run, if someone's got a link they want to PM me that'd be cool. I'm looking for something cheap really, just moved houses, so money's low. And yea, I figured out the name Moose. :P Hehe.

#23 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:08 AM

I wish the human to dumbass ratio on this site was better than 1:100. Glad to see that we DO get some decent newcomers once every so often. Welcome to NH, Crimson.

AA
Indiana '11

#24 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:53 AM

Welcome new comer!

Your stay will be memberable and I hope you don't run away screaming! Tee hee, I'm just playing...

But welcome anyway.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#25 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:43 AM

http://www.amazon.co...6423540-8975918

It has the Tech Target Gun and the Nite Finder, which are two great pistols. And if you're willing to spend $35, you can get an N-Strike set, which consists of The Scout, The Hornet, and The Titan. Most people have found that the Scout isn't that great, but if you look in mods section of the forum, you'll see people have modded the Hornet and the Titan to be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users