Photo

Foam & Metal Reinforcement

4 replies to this topic

#1 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:33 PM

Hey all. Couple questions. First, when one uses metal (I guess aluminum sheeting, as in Crossbow mods), would I use a knife of some sort to cut it, or a dremel, or what? Second, when using foam as a reinforcer/silencer, is the idea to make it so that the parts fit together more snugly/tightly, so that it's slightly harder to screw together, or just take up space? I realize this is a really base question, but if I can avoid extra hassle, I'd like to. The handles on my BBB really squeaky, and I'd like to avoid excess noise if possible. Thanks for any help.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#2 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:32 PM

Well I use sheet metal shears.

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:39 PM

Dremel makes nice clean cuts, but I usually use a hobby saw. Basically a miniature hacksaw.

Put in foam until it's slightly harder to screw together. You want it a little compressed and pressing against as many plastic surfaces as possible.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

Awesome, thanks a lot for the answers guys; that is exactly what I needed to hear.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:31 PM

Put in foam until it's slightly harder to screw together. You want it a little compressed and pressing against as many plastic surfaces as possible.

agreed. i put foam in my xbow partially to silence it and lessen some of the vibrations after the shot. it helps with keeping the gun from shaking (that spring is huge), not a whole lot with "silencing". the big reason there's foam in my mod is to keep my barrel snug and center, and to deaden impact on the epoxy connection from the PVC coupler to the tube, in case i dropped it or hit it against something.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users