Pump Question

sm 1500

2 replies to this topic

#1 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:10 PM

I just moved my last sm 1500 into my old sneak shot shell and I have to say that it looks quite sweet. The only problem I'm having is with the pump staying in. First off, t just moves around very easliy and doestn't seem to have a good seal at all. Secondly, I keep pulling the pump completely out while pumping, which is sucks during a war. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#2 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:17 AM

You know what is really fucking sweet? It is called this expandable foam shit. Me and my dad and a friend replaced our front door, and in between the cracks we sprayed this foam junk. In about 10 mins it hardens like styrofoam, but is flexible enough to shift.

Well, in your case, you could foam the dead space around your pump. The foam isn't glue though, that would just solve your movement problem. To keep the pump from jerking out, you need to attach it at a durable point. At the base of an SM1500 pump, there is a connection that connects the pump to the vinyl tubing. Use a metal bar/wood to hold the pump in place to one side of the frame of the gun, so you can open it. Foam each side so that you can open it later also.

This is just a suggestion that I would take, it was just to give you some ideas. I'm sure you could find an easier method such as filling the dead space will pieces of fbr or holding the pump in place with it.

Hope this helps
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#3 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:04 AM

when using a pump from a sm1500 or at2k I always cut off the cap that fit over it from the frame and glue it back on the end of the pump to keep it in place.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users