Real Ppk Mod?

It's different--I searched first

4 replies to this topic

#1 Malgaar

Malgaar

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

My searches for Nite Finder modifications yielded a lot of "PPK" mods, which struck me as odd, because besides all the ones that featured (usually) cosmetic "silencers" none of them really looked much like a PPK at all, due to the long, skinny barrels poking out the front.

My real question is about the feasibility of such a "real PPK" mod--IE shortening the plunger tube and putting an internal barrel on the end of it. You'd have to glue the plunger tube in, because you'd be cutting off the bit with the forward screw-eye, and shorten the actual plunger to make it work, but would the drop in power in the gun from these modifications make the gun entirely useless? To reiterate--would chopping the plunger tube nearly in half to fit a purely internal barrel for a true PPK look destory performance so much that it wouldn't be worth performing the mod?

--Malgaar

#2 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

I called it a PPK because when you chop it down, as shown below, it resembles it. Due to the fact that you need a barrel... well... you put one on. Thus, we make mock silencers to attempt to give it the illusion of a silencer, which sticks out abnormally far both in Nerf and real life.

Posted Image

Your concept of the internal barrel is identical to the Scout internals. Quite frankly, the Scout sucks.

Do what you want, but Nerf isn't all about looks. If you want it to be identical to a PPK, you would make an internal barrel. If you make an internal barrel, it will suck. If it sucks, you won't use it.

Edited by Hunter, 12 October 2004 - 03:06 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:27 PM

To reiterate--would chopping the plunger tube nearly in half to fit a purely internal barrel for a true PPK look destory performance so much that it wouldn't be worth performing the mod?

Yes.

Welcome to NH.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Lemmypoo

Lemmypoo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:42 PM

Hrm, chopping the plunger tube gives me an idea. The Nite Finder is so freak-ass simple, I don't see why we couldn't Perhaps I may try that if I have some poly-carbonate left from my current "bitchin' mod". Shorten the plunger, and there ya go, it works. But not very well. That's why we compensate by getting a better seal. But with a Nite Finder that's tricky, as it's plunger is utter shit compared to the cross bow. More durable, but useless. Perhaps I should try and implelement a more sophisticated washer and see what happens. Either way, we'll see, I plan on working my Nite Finder later this week now that I am finally getting my father's haggard-ass shop looking reasonably clean, thus giving me some potential work space and tools to finish my project.

Now the Nite Finder is a tad on the large side for any walther pistol, but it most closely matches the P99 http://world.guns.ru...guns/hg14-e.htm . Not my favorite handgun, but hey, no use discussing real-steel here. Anyway, the point of posting that is take a look at the grip, looks more similar to the Nite Finder. Conclusion: Socrates will die. I mean uh, conclusion: make the Nite Finder look like a P99 and not like a PPK. (Any of you that have been in the presence of a PPK know it is inconceivably tiny. Wiley Germans.)
Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!

Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

-brothers Macmanus, Boondock Saints

#5 Malgaar

Malgaar

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:28 PM

Hunter--It was your mod, plus the work I had done on my other two NFs that inspired me to think about modding it so the barrel wouldn't show outside the casing. So I know about your mod, and why you called it the PPK. Thanks for the response though.

CX--Thanks for the welcome, and the experienced opinion.

Lemmypoo--You're probably right about which gun it looks like, though I was just using the board lingo for the mod. If you figure out the plunger problem, gimme a PM or email me.

To all that responded--Thank you. I'll probably try the mod for one gun to use on my teams "go about your normal classes until you see another teammate, at which point you have to engage until one is dead" days. Hell, the gun is ass-cheap.

(Just by the way, I've already done two cut down PPK/P99 mods with crayola barrels--this is just a side project I was thinking about)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users