Photo

How Does The Rapidfire 20 Work?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:04 PM

excuse my ignorance, but can anyone enlighten me as to how the rpaid fire 20 fires, same as the wildfire,powerclip. I though it has a mechaism for releasing pressure repatadly with air pressure, but It looks like it also has an air-powered plunger mechanism that forcess air out by apllying pressure, then creating a vaccuum to bring the plunger back and so on.

#2 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

I think what happens is air goes into the chamber, and pushes on the plunger, bringing it back, and also on a seal, which keeps the air in. When the plunger goes all the way back, it pulls the seal away, and shoots forwards. Then the seal closes again, and the air goes back into the chamber and the process repeats.

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:17 PM

Air -> Pressure -> Chamber -> pushes chamber(plunger with the spring) back / pulles the case forward -> to much pressure from the spring -> unstable -> collapses(air released) -> pushes dart out of barrel.

Somewhere at the end, all the extra air is released too.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

I have a PC firing mechansim which I cut open because it wasn't working. I'll post a picture later on if you want. But yes, those posts are correct on how it works.

-TIG.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users