Using the BBB to it's full potenial.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:52 PM

Hello All.

Here is what I have been working on as of late, I will now show you a couple teaser pictures for those of you who are visual learners and cannot understand my ramblings.

This idea was brough to me from two sides. I originally started it because Graham gave me a great idea, an Auto-breech for the BBB. Theoretically, it was perfect. No manual action needed.

The other side it came from was here, by VeggieBoy 3000. The concept of shells at first is not always the coolest thing, more of a hassle, and such. But, through error and error, I realized it was the only way to make an effective clip. Lefty proved my point yet again here.

In a way, it was an idea for a simple gravity clip fed auto-breech. Yah...

For those of you who do not understand how it works, take a look at the above links. Understand, also, these are only a few pictures to show you of what is to come.

So, in conclusion, I am making a gravity fed clip (with shells) on a breech that doesn't require yet another handle. The action goes like this.

Start with a closed barrel, no shell inside.
Push rear BBB handle, conected to barrel, opening breech allowing a shell to fall in.
Pull back rear handle, cocking the BBB and sealing the shell into the barrel.
Fire
Push rear BBB handle foward unsealing the shell from the barrel.
Turn 1/2" PVC handle to rotate PVC and eject the shell.
Return it to the upwards position, allowing a new shell to fall into place.
Pull back rear handle of the BBB to cock it and seal the shell into the barrel.

I originally put a piece of 17/32" on the BBB with plans of a manual breech. Because I use 17/32" shells, I need 9/16" on either side, as shown.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I suggest using a 1 1/2" 9/16" brass piece to secure onto your BBB, I just made a previous booboo.

Here you see the breech I cut into the 1/2" PVC.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Yes... a toe.^

NOTE: Nothing is attached, these are NOT steps.

Hunter

Edited by Hunter, 21 September 2004 - 09:34 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#2 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:21 PM

Reminds me of someone else's work on the BBB. Ask Zero, he'd remember. Looks pretty cool, good luck and tell us how it goes.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:22 PM

And I trust you will be doing massive reinforcement to keep reliability? Thast awsoem Hunter, keep us posted, though as said I think clips/shells are too much of a hassle, and I am not particular of over-complicated things, shells are the only way to get it done. That's a very cool project, hope it works. Recently, people have been more interested in making clips. The ebst part is, they actually do. Anyways, What are you doing to keep it airtight. I made a breech, and after awhile the cover wore down and lost its seal, not a fun thign I might add. Also, what kind of clip will you be using? A tube clip or a box clip? Im thinking tube clips are much more reliable--your best bet.

THIRST
ko

#4 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:25 PM

My clip does not need to be airtight, that is the great part about it. It just needs to keep a stack of shells vertical. Thus, I will be using a box clip. I just have to hope that 17/32" and 9/32" brass create a decent seal.

As for reinforcements, I found this wierd 3/4" PVC that fits overtop of my 1/2" PVC. I think I will add this on, keep everything stable while the PVC rotates, cut a hole in the bottom and top of it for shells.

Has Zero mentioned something like this? Graham is actually Zero's friend who he brought along at VANS3. That is where he shared this idea with me. Way before my time, anyways.

Also, I will be making a bag/box to catch the shells, not just eject them. I don't want to lose them, and then I have the possibility of reloading the shells and putting them back inside vertical clip.
Hunter

#5 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, Parasox [Paradox] made a breech that abused the handle motion of the BBB to do exactly what you prescribed. After painting it a cool artic camo, he presented it to the NC community. Back in the day... Really simple idea, too, and I'm very glad he put in the work to do it.

But the point is, nobody ever capitalized, and he never got around the getting clips working (he was using 1" PVC over 1/2" PVC, so big despairities for mechanical error). You're able to work with brass, so clips are a snap. Make this thing: it will assist your game, and the aesthetic is unbeatable.

I suggest his method of dual dowels (3/8", I think, for structure) on either side of the thing, on the lower end of the main body tube, guided by something like 1/2" CPVC on the body. He used hotglue, I'd suggest you use either adhesives or a linearly aligned set of small bolts/screws (something like 1/8"... It's just Nerf) for stability. You don't want this thing blowing apart in a war from manic reloading spurred by Nello's Max Shot aimed at your face.

...And though I doubt either of us would mind, the name was Grant, not Graham. It all sounds the same across a warehouse anyways, and I don't believe we usually operate on a name-by-name basis in coversation.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#6 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:35 PM

Thanks, Zero.

My appologies, Grant. Oh no, my dad's lack of memory is rubbing off on me...

PS. Zero, I bought this BBB from you. I haven't opened it up (I haven't had to) but I was wondering if you internal banded it?

Edited by Hunter, 22 September 2004 - 03:37 PM.

Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users