7 replies to this topic

#1 EDA

EDA

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

The long awaited Nite Finder Review
Hello all, if you remember the last topic I made “The wal-mart report”
Since then, I had promised to review the two Nite Finders I had purchased, and now that time has come, and with out further ranting or intro I give it to you.

General Overview:
The thing that caught my eye in the store was its price, set only at 5.97 a piece, in comparison to my slight budget and the price of other Nerfy goods at the store, I bought two of them, other than price the other reasons I was attracted to the gun was because it
had a light (a feature that I have not had in any of my arsenal yet) it had a great paint scheme that seems to be commonplace in this line of guns.
After returning home with my new weaponry, I removed the gun from its cardboard womb and examined it, its large enough to fit in a holster, it has the light ingeniously positioned under the barrel and under that two ammo slots, I should note that the darts that it comes with are “sensitive” and do not have “recovery foam.”
I pulled back the orange lever and fired it, the report that came out of the gun was loud, I even got some kick back from the gun, I looked at it afterwards finding that the plastic case over the light can be adjusted for accuracy, now my curiosity peaked as I tested it giving you the results below.

Note: You insert AA batteries for the light to work, you only need to unscrew the one screw that is on the handle, when it works the light will be in a bulls-eye pattern/

Accuracy:
I was impressed with the accuracy of the gun, even at maximum range it still had near 100% accuracy. Score: 5/5

Range:
With a max of 32 ft, its the best range I have seen for a pistol as of yet. Score: 5/5

Durability:
The gun shows no flaw in this area. Score: 5/5

Overall Score:
This is the perfect large single shot handgun, and for only 6.00 a pop I recommend buying as many as you can, I will always bring one of these to all my future wars.
Overall Score: 5/5

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:44 PM

Dude....NFs have been out for a while....

#3 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:25 PM

Yes, but hardly anyone's written a review.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:39 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...ags_nitefinder/

Wow, a mod and a review !

This has been out long enough for everyone to be owning one, or already know enough about it. Im not trying to put you down or offend anyone, its just a alot-a-bit late.

#5 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:29 PM

Here's the"review section" length of Rag's mod/review:

I bought several. I'm happy I did.
The Pistol had a small "laser light" on it. I was curious about this, as most of Nerf's attempts to make a decent laser pistol only turned out
to be mediocre. On the back, it had the Tech Target, and it includes a small cardboard target with the gun. I hope they do release more blasters in this line.
They were right. It was actually pretty good, especially stock. The way the light works is a pressure switch near the trigger and catch. It takes 2 "AA" batteries. When you pull the trigger back a bit, it made contact between two metal points, and lit a red light in the front of the gun.
The small light. It said it worked to up to 15 feet away.
In a dark hall, it was okay. In the light, it was not as effective. I doubt this has any real use, but the extra laser casing adds a more
"realistic" effect to the gun.

now compare it to this...

Edited by Arcanis, 19 September 2004 - 07:29 PM.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:15 PM

How much more review do you need on a simple pistol?

#7 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

The huge cats snarled at each other, preparing to slash each other to bits with there 8 inch claws. Blood thirsty mouths drooled savagely at the thought of sinking their teeth into each other. The tiny morsel of what remained of the mouse was sitting there, waiting for the champion to claim it.

Guys....um.. yeah.
Indiana '11

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:04 AM

No one was arguing or fighting, we were disscussing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users