Photo

Darts

5 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:44 AM

i am kinda new at making stefan darts so dont get pissed at me.how long should you heat up you darts? ^_^
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:00 AM

If you mean to straighten them, you'll get answers here anywhere from not at all to quite a bit.

Personally I just friction heat the FBR, pulling it between my hands and stretching it a bit. Grab one end of the FBR, put your other hand next to it and squeeze just tight enough that it's slightly difficult to pull your hands apart. Pull till your arms are spread wide then hold, stretched slightly, for 10 or 20 seconds till it cools. Repeat with overlapping sections of FBR till it's reasonably straight.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:10 PM

Or you can get a shoe box, cut a hole in the top, Put in unstriatend pre-cut darts, and heat for 45-60 sec.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

Some people use hairdryers to straiten them. Ive tried thsi countless times and my darts just never magically straiten, ever. I do what Cxwq just explained except I actually stretch mine to make them a bit thinner.

#5 undeadtom

undeadtom

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:28 PM

Yeah I'm back ready to try it again.

What I do is cut the foam to the lengths I want it, then stick it in an RF20 or WF turret and use a hair dryer on it's highest setting. You want to heat each side (top and bottom) till the plastic is noticeably warmer (warmer not hot). after that just let it cool then finish making the stefan.

There are many ways to straighten stefans. I'm still trying to find new ones, only when I'm bored.

:ph34r: Undeadtom :ph34r:

Edited by undeadtom, 16 September 2004 - 01:29 PM.

I'm too sexy for my body,
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy that it hurts,
Too sex-y for a can of beans. YEAH!

#6 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:36 PM

Cut your darts then put them in your dryer, medium heat, 5 minutes. Test the heat and time with a small number of darts to make sure they don't melt.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users