Photo

Problem With Stefan Darts

7 replies to this topic

#1 the original hot shot

the original hot shot

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:35 PM

when i first made stefan darts,they were small then when i made stefan darts right now they were thicker

whats wrong?

#2 Namm

Namm

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:18 AM

If you could be more specific it would help. You may have accidentally picked up a different brand of FBR, some brands use use different sizes than others. It could be that the specific pack you picked up happened to be a little bit thicker. Foam backer rod isnt usually made very precisely, so you get alot of variation. You might have picked up the wrong size for all we know. Add some details, and then we'll probably be able to give you a better answer. If your darts are too thick for your barrels, just stretch the FBR out a little bit, it can make a big difference.

#3 the original hot shot

the original hot shot

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:40 AM

well i use 1/2 frostking fbr brand

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:03 AM

Please watch your caps and punctuation.

FBR size varies. Even if you buy the same brand every time it will often be a different size.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:06 PM

With my darts I've noticed an unconstant size too. I've come to the conclusion that it is because the more you heat the darts the more they shrivle (sp?) up and get smaller. Especially when you use a hairdryer like i do. Try not to keep the darts under the heat for a long time. Only enough to make them straight.
I once saw an old lady slip and fall on a sidewalk and i laughed. Then i thought, what if i was an ant and she fell on me. Then it didn't seem quite so funny.

#6 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

With my darts I've noticed an unconstant size too. I've come to the conclusion that it is because the more you heat the darts the more they shrivle (sp?) up and get smaller. Especially when you use a hairdryer like i do. Try not to keep the darts under the heat for a long time. Only enough to make them straight.

Actually, for my darts, heating them up makes them larger.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:06 PM

This may sound ridiculous, but what I do is stick my FBR into a piece of 9/16 brass, then heat the brass up for about 10-20 seconds. Works wonders for me, and it straightens the dart, well, about as straight as the brass is.

~ompa

#8 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:47 PM

This may sound ridiculous, but what I do is stick my FBR into a piece of 9/16 brass, then heat the brass up for about 10-20 seconds. Works wonders for me, and it straightens the dart, well, about as straight as the brass is.

~ompa

I do the same thing, except I use 19/32" brass. It works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users