Light Storm Ls2

What I did to my LS2, that fake nerf gun

6 replies to this topic

#1 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:29 PM

The LS2 was a good idea, you pump it up, and then you can shoot 10 rubber bullets without reloading and without repumping.(it has a clip with 10 rubber bullets in it)

The range was horrid, I knew this before I bought it but I was hoping I could give it some more distance. (how hard can it be to ad to 10 ft maximum.)After a couple of ideas and attempts I realized there was nothing I could do to this gun with it in this state, but i had to do something with it, I payed money for it.

So here's what I did:
Posted Image

Here you can see it next to it's old casing:
Posted Image

Basically you pump the teeny tiny pump anywhere between 30 and 50 times, then you can get a pretty decent shot off. I think 72 ft (flat) was about my max. distance.
Since I took these pictures I've put a longer barrel on it, it also looks better now.

If you have an LS2, this is the best thing to do, I found another pump for it on an old supersoaker, but the valve broke during the modification process, that's why it has the small one on it.

By the way, I'm new to nerfhaven.

Edited by mayhem, 13 September 2004 - 01:32 PM.

#2 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:04 PM

Yea, i bought one of those guns and they are absolutely horrible. A total waste of money. Nice job though, i'm gonna try to do mine.
I once saw an old lady slip and fall on a sidewalk and i laughed. Then i thought, what if i was an ant and she fell on me. Then it didn't seem quite so funny.

#3 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to nerf haven. ive seen those things before. nice job.

--Diego
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#4 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:33 PM

Is a lot of what i'm seeing just tubing from the original gun? Or is it PVC and if it is what size?
I once saw an old lady slip and fall on a sidewalk and i laughed. Then i thought, what if i was an ant and she fell on me. Then it didn't seem quite so funny.

#5 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:14 AM

Most of it is tubing, microsized tubing.

The parts of the gun are the airtank at the back with the pump right next to it, I added some tubing to the pump to make it easier to pump and to keep the pump from coming out of it's tube.

The airtank is connected to the trigger part with vynil tubing, I hid that inside the PVC.

#6 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:51 AM

Does yours shoot those little rubber bullets or did you fix it so it shoots stefans?

#7 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:14 AM

It shoots nerfdarts, I just bought some foambackerrod and will be making some stefans soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users