Photo

Sm1500 Help

6 replies to this topic

#1 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

So I opened my SM1500 up but i noticed something very weird. If you look at Yakman's internals on the 10th picture here you see that the orange tank in the back is glued to the right side of the shell. (looking directly at the barrel) Well, my orange tank tube is glued to the left side of the shell, unlike Yakman's. When I tried to put everything back together, i noticed theres a little spring attached to the trigger above the pump shaft. To make a long story short, I was unable to get the spring around the orange piece sticking out of the trigger and in the blue rectangle at the same time because my orange tank was glued to the wrong side. What does that spring do and is it necessary that I have it in place? I've tried multiple times but I cannot get it in correctly. Any advice?
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#2 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

Just unscrew the two orange things apart and pry it open. The glue isn't that strong, and this way you can stuff the internals in on the other half of the shell, which allows you to stick the spring in.

AA
Indiana '11

#3 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

And one more thing, how much of a difference is there if you plug the release valve and keep the stock barrels versus plug the release valve and replace the barrels with pvc (with brass)?

#4 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:45 PM

To answer you question>
It all depends on which supermaxx 1500 you have. There are 3 kinds.
1- The one in yakmans has and fires micro darts
2-same as above but fires green/pink lamari darts (this will gain the most range if release valve is plugged.)
3- the new version

when you plug the release valve on the pump head all you are doing is letting the pump gain the full pressure inside the valve (but if this is done you can’t pump the gun more than 4 times. This will give the risk of blowing the valve!) There will be an increase in range no matter which gun you have but do not over pump the gun.

Keeping the stock barrels will give [ok…] ranges around 50-60. But if you strap on brass nested in cpvc you are looking at around 90 if modded correctly.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#5 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:57 PM

what kind of stefans does yakman's 1500 mod shoot? If its sched 40 pvc with no brass, does that mean mega stefans?

#6 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

Yes, his guns use Mega Stefans.
Morons With Guns own you.

#7 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

I would use Cx's mod for the 1500 under the mod's section. He's got very accurate pics and ranges. I'm not saying Yakman's is bad, though. I would do Cx's with 7 inches instead of 6 inches, though. Brass it, definately. If you have an at3k that you are gonna use for your primary, and you don't have a maxshot or at2k, I would consider singling the 1500.
Indiana '11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users