Quad Barrel Titan W/scout

Goodbye

27 replies to this topic

#1 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

Titan's shotgun barrel is removable if you want to fire missles, and is far away from the valve, or it would fishtail. Just pump 12 times, and your ready to go. Its actually not bad of a reload time, and I always travel with one or more people, so no problem there. I would sincerely regret being in my line of fire.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

THIRST
ko

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:46 PM

Ranges THIRST, now. Give.

~ompa

#3 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:47 PM

Cool. What's the range on your CPVC'ed Scout?

Edited by Airsoft999, 08 September 2004 - 04:49 PM.

#4 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:48 PM

Edit:^^^^^^^crap people beatme to it^^^^^^^

Nice titan. Can you show us one of your missiles. Also, what are the ranges?

Edited by WEASEL, 08 September 2004 - 04:49 PM.

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:56 PM

Titan ranges are about 70-80, though Ill be using it at 10-20...Scout gets 50. Weasel, You can use the Titan missle by screwing on the Titan barrel and taking the shotgun barell off, or you ca fire missles/maxshot missles by just taking off the shotgun barrel...

THIRST
ko

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:02 PM

If you put some E-tape aroudn that whole barrel assembly this would quite possibly be the msot cleanest and best loking mod you have done so far Thirst, good job. Seems sorta long to be a combat shotty. How big of a spread at 20'? It would probably be more effective at 40-50'.

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:08 PM

Its not too long, I realy like the feel. The spread is a lot less than 20, its actually quite good. Around 7 feet at 50 feet, friggin awsome. And Jizzynin, Ive done a lot more clean mods, have you seen my SF or NF's? Course ya have!
I consider this ugly, but battleworthy. I dont mod for looks, are you crazy? Hehe, semi-auto 2k :angry: But, I didnt think even that was too ugly...

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 08 September 2004 - 05:09 PM.

ko

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:09 PM

Now if you put 5 1" darts in each barrel, that would clear a room.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:16 PM

Meh, I only play outdoors, but whoever is in my line of fire is as good as dead, the spread is just so nice. Not big, but not small, hard to dodge, and great velocity. The barrel assembly was a bitch to make though. I origionally made it for a ttg shotgun a month or two ago, but there wasnt nearly enough air output. The Titan was the only gun powerful enough to tote this mighty barrel!

Heh, Cx, I bet If I double stuff this thing I could take out an entire group clumped together. This'll teach em to spread out! The only downfall of this gun is the reload, it needs covor fire. See, this is where Talio comes in and...

THIRST
ko

#10 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

Make another "barrel" mag for it. You would probably only need two reloads, plus youve got your pistols for back ups.

#11 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

That barrel assembly was so friggin hard to make, I cant imagine making another for it, though I just traded for another Titan, Im gonan try something different though.

THIRST
ko

#12 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:09 PM

Thirst that is great. Can you do a write up? And those ranges were with 4 regular sized darts?

#13 JHawk

JHawk

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:26 PM

A write-up would be nice.

I'm particularly interested in how you made the shotgun barrel.

Thanks.
Why not just kill 'em? I'll do it.
I'll run up to Paris. Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!
I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure.
How is this a bad plan?!
--Jacopo, Count of Monte Cristo

#14 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

I'm confused about the 'writeup' bit.

Pray tell, what is not made clear by the excellent photos?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#15 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 06:32 AM

Everything is pretty clear just I would like to know the lenghth of the barrel and how that shotgun attachment is made.

#16 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:24 AM

I am guessing it is 4 barrels of CPVC in one section of 1.5" PVC. There is a reducing bushing at one end to hook it to the PVC barrel. Then he probably used some foam filler to fill in between the CPVC sections, making it airtight.

Might I add that it is very cool.

~Vintage

Edited by Vintage, 09 September 2004 - 10:25 AM.

You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#17 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:46 PM

4 cpvc 4" barrels gooped together, let it dry, then goop that into a 5 3/4" section of 1.5" pvc. Load on the goop, let it seep down, ad whe the goop is dry(Takes abot a week), put epoxy on. Wrap a 1/2" pvc coupler in duct tape till it fits snugly into the 1.5" pvc, and good that in. In 24 hours, perfectly airtight. I didnt want to use a reducer because that would make it uber big, and I was trying to keep it small as possible, though in the next one I'l make, I'll try the reducer.

THIRST
ko

#18 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:27 PM

The next one you make can you take pictures every step becuase I got kinda lost.

#19 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:58 PM

Make interchangeable turrets for it, like a cheap mag. Actually, you were thinking that, weren't you? I think that three would be awesomely fierce, just pop it off and reload with the new one.

Sounds deadly, good job, Dave. It looks very clean and functional.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#20 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:11 PM

Thanks 'urryone, yar BW, severel other people reccomended I have mags for the thing, and more likely than not, once I finish the two writeups Im in the middle of now, I'll get to work on it.

THIRST
ko

#21 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:23 PM

How tightly do the CPVC barrels fit inside the PVC without goop? I would love to try this, but I would use "Great Stuff" foam filler to make it airtight. It dries very fast, and expands to fill the nooks. Seeing as I don't have a titan, I would have it as an attachment for a homemade.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#22 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

When the barrels are gooped together they lightly brush the sides of the pvc, and it costed me a lot of goop, but that foam filler stuff sounds great. Where'd you get it, and for how much cash?

THIRST
ko

#23 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:31 PM

I got it at Home Depot. They had them in 8oz cans in the checkout lanes. I also saw 20oz cans in one of the aisles. 8oz will last quite a bit. You just have to make sure you find something to cover the nozzle when it is not in use. That stuff will cure in the nozzle, making it a pain to use again.

The 8oz can was $2.50, the 20oz was $5. There was also another brand that was way more expensive, so I would recommend the "Great Stuff" kind.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, the stuff sticks to everything, so be careful with it. If you want to shield something, or create a barrier between two things, use wax paper. Cured foam peals right off wax paper.

~Vintage

Edited by Vintage, 09 September 2004 - 04:34 PM.

~Al Capone

#24 earl the bunny

earl the bunny

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:21 PM

My friend has a shot gun barrel like that on his homemade shotgun. He has 3 acrylic barrels that are 1 ft long in 1 1/4" pvc. He loads 3 darts in each of the barrels and gets awsome spread.

Maybe i'll ask hime to post some pictures and videos.

#25 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:07 PM

@Thrist: Would it be out of the question for next time when you make another mag, to include a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the shotgun barrel(sp?). I am one of those people who need to see pictures, because I can sort of figure out how you made it, but I am sure if I tried, with what I know, I wouldn't get it right somehow. Ohh and kudos for the Titan, very nice. What is the velocity for the shotgun blasts, if they are relatively fast, that is one devasting machine. I would definately take the time to modify my second titan like yours. :)
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users