Rf20 Cosmetic Mod

now, it's an XM-214

32 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:30 PM

Since the trigger broke about a year ago, I never used my RF20 until I decided to relocate the grip. This will now be my new primary, just as soon as I make more stefans (I seem to have misplaced all of them). Any comments on it are welcome. Eventually it will be painted translucent blue to match my AT3K, so don't bother telling me to give it a new color.

<EDIT>Removed pic </EDIT>

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 30 August 2004 - 05:09 PM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#2 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

Cosmetically bad or cosmetically good? And resize those pics.

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 29 August 2004 - 06:34 PM.

ko

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

^_^
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

That's one pimped out RF20! Good job!

Edited by Renegade, 29 August 2004 - 06:40 PM.

#5 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:37 PM

I would, but when I was about to do the same for a trigger release photo when it turns out my photo editer is uninstalled, and I don't have the disk, so it may take awhile.

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:43 PM

Use paint, and "stretch/skew". It's what I do, it takes about... 20 seconds if you're fast.

Interesting mod, but I think you might be able to route some of the tubing though the handle so it's less tubing coming out all over the place. And yes THIRST, this is coming from me.

I like it. Although the front handle is kind of odd.. Other than that, excellent job.

~ompa

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:46 PM

Interesting mod, but I think you might be able to route some of the tubing though the handle so it's less tubing coming out all over the place. And yes THIRST, this is coming from me.

I dont get it, is this some sort of inside joke? Ahhhhhh.
Generalprime, Im so sorry, and it doesnt say a lot coming from me...but that may just be the ugliest nerf gun I have ever laid my eyes on. First time I glanced at it I thought the pic was upside down.

THIRST
ko

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:50 PM

THIRST, you kept complaining of all my external tubing, and I said I didn't give a damn. Remember? And I'm sure the gun will look better once painted. He did a good job, considering there's really not much room to route tubing in that gun.

~ompa

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

THIRST, you kept complaining of all my external tubing, and I said I didn't give a damn. Remember? And I'm sure the gun will look better once painted. He did a good job, considering there's really not much room to route tubing in that gun.

~ompa

I never said that... :mellow:

Back on topic, why did yuo saw off the handle? Thats what really throws it off.

THIRST
ko

#10 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:58 PM

Whats with the antennae? Do you get good reception with that thing?
I once saw an old lady slip and fall on a sidewalk and i laughed. Then i thought, what if i was an ant and she fell on me. Then it didn't seem quite so funny.

#11 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:31 PM

Here, I resized/hosted it for you.
Posted Image

#12 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:45 PM

Whats with the antennae? Do you get good reception with that thing?

I think that is the handle.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#13 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:49 PM

No i was talking about the weird brass wire sticking out the top in a "V" shape. I think it is to make it so it can be a turret or something, but personally i dont like it very much.
I once saw an old lady slip and fall on a sidewalk and i laughed. Then i thought, what if i was an ant and she fell on me. Then it didn't seem quite so funny.

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:01 PM

No, that's the front handle.

~ompa

#15 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:06 PM

So the picture is upsidedown? Then that is one weird handle. It would be really awkward to hold because it is spread open like that. Not to mention you would have to fire with your pinky finger because the trigger is located on the bottom of the main handle. I think that gun is just all together messed up.

#16 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:08 PM

Have you heard of a hand-held gatlling gun? Think of it like that. And people, stop dissing the guys' gun if you don't know what it's supposed to represent.

Posted Image
That's what it is. And I think he did a decent job of it- only the barrels are too short, but that can't be helped.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 29 August 2004 - 08:10 PM.

#17 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:11 PM

THE PICTAR IS TOO BIG. MAKE IT THE SMALLER, YOU DIRTY BASTARD.

#18 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:14 PM

I would, but when I was about to do the same for a trigger release photo when it turns out my photo editer is uninstalled, and I don't have the disk, so it may take awhile.

Read. He was going to. I guess he didn't know he could use paint. HE KNOW'S IT'S TOO BIG! Comment on the gun please.

General, you could probably make it look more realistic by taking like 4-5 PETG tubes, each about 6 inches or longer, and group them together and put them on the inside of the turret. You know, the center part. OR, take like 8 pieces and put them around the outside, although I'm not even sure the RF20 would fire far enough so that the darts wouldn't hit the tubes :mellow: .

~ompa

#19 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

Whoa, nice resized pic, that doesnt look half bad, it looked pixelated with the huge pic :mellow:

THIRST
ko

#20 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:23 PM

thirst...what is your screen res?
at 1280*1024, the pic is still gigantic, bigger than a screenful.

#21 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:29 PM

So the picture is upsidedown?

:mellow:

C'mon, we already talked about that...he modeled it after a machine gun where you hold the front handle with your hands grasping vertically.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#22 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:49 PM

I think it'll look awsome with a paint job :mellow:
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#23 wardog

wardog

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:55 PM

:mellow: Hah!That shit looks down right funny! certainly got a laught out of me. :lol: :P

#24 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:00 PM

thirst...what is your screen res?
at 1280*1024, the pic is still gigantic, bigger than a screenful.

He means the resized pic that I posted, not the one in the first post. It didn't change at all.

#25 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:23 PM

Uhhh....yeah, this definately brought on confusion. If you read the little part after the comma on the title of the topic, you will notice that I said it now looks like an XM-214 , which was the army's smallest (.223 Rem) version of the Vulcan gun. It is meant to be hand-held, but the recoil (270 lbs. at 10,000 rpm) quickly did away with that idea. Since it was my favorite version of the GE gats, I decided to make my RF20 look similar to one. Ompa, thanks for getting things cleared up while I was asleep. I am in the midst of giving this gun longer barrels, but they will be 4" max. I like the idea of false barrels, just to make the gun look better. I currently will be trying to get it to hold pressure, because for some reason when I used it today it got a small hole blown in the bladder :blink: . I still don't get how that happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users