10 replies to this topic

#1 Nickrarri

Nickrarri

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:16 AM

POPULAR

Hey all,

I might be the first one making a post on NH in 2021 lol. After much deliberation, I decided it was best to pass the torch as the host of APOC. It's legacy is now in the hands of the United Nerf Ops group, specifically Nestor & Van. There's a transition where I'm still involved for the first year or so but ultimately it's now their show.

Why are you passing the torch?

The Nerf Ops group is much more local than I am and better equipped to host. Having a whole team of moderators and monthly practice hosting games is better structure than I could ever provide. Knowing this, it seemed selfish to rob the players of this better experience and to continue as we have. This group has established themselves as the premiere north east group as well as leaders in the space. Those who came in 2019 saw this for themselves as they aided me in running rounds.

Why the new location?

2019 was a shit show that we never want to relive. A move was considered even before transitioning to new event ownership. It will be good to have a field that we won't be kicked out of and gives far more dynamic gameplay. To all the old farts angry about this, calm down. This wasn't the first time APOC has switched locations. 

I hope you all will come and enjoy this event after the Covid hiatus last year. Please be open minded as things change with the times. I'm talking about you, Ted. 

Thanks,

Nick

Link to the facebook event:

https://www.facebook...ce":"search"}]}

Now for the copy paste:

When:

Saturday, August 7th 10am-6pm

Where:

750 Whiting New Egypt Rd
Manchester Township, NJ 08759

Join UNO (United Nerf Ops) for Apocalypse 2021, the LARGEST PvP nerf war in the Northeast! PLEASE READ that it costs 15 dollars per player to attend. 

Here is the payment link:

We will be playing Carpe, Domination, Harambe, Flag Push, King of the Hill, and more!

This year, Nick and the UNO admins have elected to host APOC at Cousin’s private paintball field. The event will cost 15 dollars per player for the entire day.
While we understand that Apoc has typically always been free, we want to guarantee that we will absolutely not be disturbed or kicked out of the area. Cousin’s also has 3 amazing fields (what we’ve dubbed the trenches, village, and castle) all entirely at our disposal.

Click here to see the footage of previous games hosted by UNO at Cousins (courtesy of our very own Kevin and Ben):

There is a 300 FPS cap for most games. There will be some rounds with lower FPS caps and special classes that will be explained on-site. But you can read more about our game types, rules and classes here:

The first game will start at 10 am and admin will be on the field by 9 am to set up.

Our current covid guidelines require players to have masks on at all times (including the staging area and during games.) if you need to take your mask off, socially distance yourself from everyone by 6 feet before doing so.

For those of you who frequent our Cata games, Apoc will be run in much the same way except it will have significantly more attendees since it is a once-a-year event.

Game types will more likely have multiple objectives as opposed to one.

Can’t wait to see you all there!

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:51 PM

I will be there.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:53 PM

As will I. Quite excited for this to be my first war, one helluva way to start off I suppose. 

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#4 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:17 PM

obviously I'm going due to hosting
previous youtube videos also linked here on our YT channel. We're playing on the Airsoft field of Cousins so the most recent is prevelant, 

highly suggest also bringing bug spray and long pants as there have been a couple ticks. 

#5 Nessssss

Nessssss

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 01:10 AM

Can't wait to see everyone there!

This video is already included in the link Van posted but I just want to emphasize this one:

It really shows the awesomeness of the location. We will have 3 whole fields to ourselves (trenches, village, and castle) for the entire day!

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 01:04 PM

I'll see if I can make it out this year.

#7 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:43 PM

Should be thier, but probably will not play much. Health condition suck.

#8 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 09:08 PM

I'll be there. If anyone wants a spare bed to crash on within 10 minutes of the venue tomorrow night, get in touch!

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#9 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 07:34 AM

The event was fantastic! It was a pleasure meeting a few of you, Id love to go again next year!

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 10:34 AM

Due to absence of TED, Jaxon is the best

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 08:26 PM

All of my Apoc footage is now up on my YT, and timestamped in the desc. https://youtu.be/_zoTitvQPWE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users