Photo

Regarding Hasbro's Decisions with the Nerf brand

1 reply to this topic

#1 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:12 AM

We're all passionate about the hobby, and there's no doubt Hasbro made the Nerf brand stand out in the early days and brought blaster tag to what it is today. However, of course, not all of the decisions Hasbro makes are very popular.

So, I want to hear your thoughts on what Hasbro is doing right, and doing wrong, at least, in your opinion.

Personally, I'm glad to see the Flyte (for loaner fleets), and the Motostrike this year, as the Flyte makes it cheaper and easier to build a bunch of superstock loaners to give out to new people who want a taste of superstock, and the Motostrike makes a devastating Humans Vs. Zombies Super-killer, but the Ghoulgrinder was really a step back to the Rukkus, IMO. 

I'm excited for the MA40, not so much about that Fortnite grenade launcher (Hasbro still has the ability to make back-pressure tanks because the Mediator barrel exists), because I really do NOT like HAMPs for performance and utility reasons.

The Ultra series really grinds my gears because of the darts. There are loads of reasons I hate the darts but those points have been made to death.

Overall, I like Hasbro bringing out innovative new things and acting as a premium brand, giving us actually useful gimmicks or just straight-up making practical stuff that we in the hobby have a genuine need for. I would prefer they stay in the upper-end and make technologically advanced stuff that more competitive types (who their competitors target) would actually use. Like, a select-fire Infinus, or an Elite Vulcan with an extended belt and a belt box that catches the empty belt.

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#2 meow121325

meow121325

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:53 AM

i feel like the ghoul grinder is just a vertical take on the magazine on tachanka's LMG (from rainbow six siege) (and i forgot what that kind of magazine is called) which if executed properly can be a cool thing ultra i feel is a cash grab the flyte is a little cheaper stryfe but i believe it uses its own cage the fortnite grenade launcher is IMO gonna expand our hobby with an easy rocket drum we just gotta make it either air tank or HPA or maybe even back tank (for the crazies) and i feel like while hasbro doesnt like us as a hobby i feel like they like some of our innovations we make and i bet they discussing them internaly overall they are mediocre but are doing good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users