Photo

N00b Status: Confirmed (some quick questions)

1 reply to this topic

#1 EcstaticFool

EcstaticFool

• FNG2
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

Hey Everyone, I'm so glad I found y'all.
Until recently my Nerf knowledge was limited to the average childhood experiences, but recently a friend of mine opened a Nerf Battle Arena with myself as the general manager. I'm a bit of an overachiever so naturally not content with being like the other places I've visited where the staff knowledge ends with what is printed on the boxes that the blasters come in. Not only do I hope to become the local Nerf Expert, I want my staff to be knowledgeable on all things Nerf as well. So, first thank you for existing.
Couple of quick questions so I dont irritate or otherwise alienate the communityhere:
1. I dont wanna be jerk so I want to ask about referencing/advertising my company, if that's a no-no I totally get it and I'll refrain from any of that. I'm here for knowledge and expertise not to promote my own stuff.
2. I was trying to PM a moderator so I didnt need to make this silly post but I figure its prob one of 3 things: I'm blind and cant find the right button/tool (or just unfamiliar with this forum's layout/features), they're disabled for the forum, or it's a newbie restriction thing. Whatever it is, I'd appreciate clarification 😊
3. Before I start posting questions or asking for suggestions, I did see the "dont ask which is best" rule, but what about more specific experience related posts? Such as "what are your experiences and thoughts regarding Zombie Strike blasters?" "What Rival blasters did you like most/least?" And as far as mod questions go, I'm more likely to search based on a problem and look for mods that fix that problem. If I cannot find an answer is "What mod do you suggest for *specific blaster* to help combat *specific problem*" an acceptable question to ask?

Also open any other suggestions or info that yall may think necessary to tell me, I wont take offense... i think lol
Who's on first?

#2 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:44 PM

1. I dont wanna be jerk so I want to ask about referencing/advertising my company, if that's a no-no I totally get it and I'll refrain from any of that. I'm here for knowledge and expertise not to promote my own stuff.

At this point, I don't have an issue with it. Just be sensible about it, probably belongs in the war forum.

2. I was trying to PM a moderator so I didnt need to make this silly post but I figure its prob one of 3 things: I'm blind and cant find the right button/tool (or just unfamiliar with this forum's layout/features), they're disabled for the forum, or it's a newbie restriction thing. Whatever it is, I'd appreciate clarification

New users are restricted so we don't need to deal with spam. If you're a good user you'll automagically be upgraded to full member status and be able to upload & post pictures.

3. Before I start posting questions or asking for suggestions, I did see the "dont ask which is best" rule, but what about more specific experience related posts? Such as "what are your experiences and thoughts regarding Zombie Strike blasters?" "What Rival blasters did you like most/least?" And as far as mod questions go, I'm more likely to search based on a problem and look for mods that fix that problem. If I cannot find an answer is "What mod do you suggest for *specific blaster* to help combat *specific problem*" an acceptable question to ask?

Also open any other suggestions or info that yall may think necessary to tell me, I wont take offense... i think lol

We used to get a lot of users asking "hey what's the best blaster?" or "hey what's the best pistol" or some variation. Not so much any more. To simplify your googling, the best modern dart blasters are:

• Hammershot
  • Stryfe
  • Rapidstrike
  • Retaliator

With light mods needed for the stryfe/rapidstrike to really shine. Demolisher, evader, rapid red, etc. flywheel mag feds are acceptable too. Also anything Dart Zone, Adventure Force, or Zuru; especially the destroyer/reflex pistol.

The differences between elite darts, rivals, and mega are as follows:

• Elite darts are widely available in third-party offerings, have a tremendous number of blasters that support them, and - when cut down to half-length and fired from a modded blaster - can be the longest range and most accurate available projectile in the hobby. That said, "long range" and "most accurate" are relative - hitting something at 100' is impressive, though range can pretty readily exceed that. Also note: You never should be buying nerf-brand darts. "Accufakes", waffles, and adventure force waffles are the best general purpose darts available right now, and can be had ~$40 per 1,000.
  • Rivals also have a large third-party base and a decent quantity of blasters available. Many of them are worthwhile, because the upside of Rivals is hitting good velocity OOTB. The downside is that the rivals loose range quickly so modding them isn't really worthwhile, and HIRs are expensive compared to darts. Max range is around 60'. With all the hopper fed options, HIRs are excellent at suppression fire, even against modded dart blasters, because they can maintain higher sustained rates of fire than darts (a dart user will usually carry no more than 180 darts ready in mags, there are stock Rival blasters that carry 200 and many have been expanded to more than that).
  • Mega have third party options, and are usually used as special rounds (especially shield breakers). They are liked by some but not widespread. Because they're heavier, the FPS (and thus range) tends to be lower but they should have greater accuracy because of their weight.

You should also note, conversions from heavier ammo to lighter darts are also frequent. Currently, converting a rival knockout to fire elites with a simple drop in barrel can yeild 180 FPS (nearly triple the stock velocity of most NERF brand dart blasters).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users