Photo

Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

19 replies to this topic

#1 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

ARMAGEDDON XX: 2019

Date:
Saturday, 29 June 2019

Time:
9:00 AM to 4:00+ PM
(Arrive around 9AM; people like to chat and prep beforehand. First round will start by 9:45AM.)

725 S Vencino Dr
Glendora, CA 91740

Remember, using these locations is a privilege, not a right. Use the golden rule: Don't Be A Dick.

51682630_1875650819227459_4656382600615559168_n.jpg

FAQ

Where and when?
The war is 23 June 2018, from 9:00 to whenever (usually 4:00, but later is not impossible and is in fact a little likely). Location data is available above.

Darts?
Slugs and safer darts only. No metal is preferred but I understand that to maximize attendance while keeping it safe I need to keep this restriction more open. If you do make slugs, use #6 washers and not #8 washers. Use Ryan McNumbers' excellent guide available here if you plan on making slugs. If you use larger ammo, like megas or similar, keep them soft-tipped by the same guidelines as above.
If you are using silicone dome darts, they must be soft tips. Last year people were shooting rocks. Keep total dart weight under 1.3g, too, if you're shooting 1/2" darts.
You are also free to use stock-style darts, obviously. China Darts as reviewed by Cheerios are fine. No FVJ/FVN/whatever type of darts have a rock hard rubber/vinyl tip. The tip of the dart needs to be soft.

Who?
Everyone is welcome to come, veterans and newcomers alike. I'm not going to outright ban people younger than 13, but if you plan on bringing someone who is, you are responsible for them all day and you are especially responsible for them remaining safe (hydrated and wearing eye protection). I will be running this war with the assistance of others (including, but not limited to, Zorn and Apollo256).

What isn't allowed?
With dart restrictions, there isn't as much of a need for blaster regulations. Don't bring Titans shooting micro darts because that's just ridiculous. I and other war council advisors will spot-ban things if you are lasering dudes from a million miles away.

Blaster rules:
HOMEMADE AIRGUNS: Case-by-case basis. It is highly recommended that you talk to me beforehand (send me a PM or something). I'm very understanding.

TITANS: You may use them if they fire missiles (stock or Draconis or whatever) or balls. They must not be firing darts, of any size.

LBB/4B/UMB/SIMILAR: You may use them if they have the functional stock OPRV.

SUPER SOAKERS/SIMILAR: Do not bring them. If they shoot darts, they're too powerful. If they shoot water, people get mad.

SCEPTORS: If you want to use a Sceptor, make it colorful. Make it look as little like a paintball gun as possible. Wrap the tank in denim or something. If you replace the tank or pump, the OPRV must be kept at the same pressure and the tank volume may not be made any larger (stock is about 800cc).

SUPERMAXX 2000/5000/9000: Do whatever. It's fine. I hope you don't blow up your tank.

MELEE WEAPONS: Don't bring anything larger than these (Mashoongas).

SHIELDS: Hits on shields count as hits on you if you plan to use them. I'm nostalgic enough to say that Manta Rays count as actual shields against 1/2" darts, though.

Anything else?
1.) To stop a round for safety reasons, yell out the word "HOLD". If you hear someone call "HOLD", STOP PLAYING IMMEDIATELY. At any time during a round, anyone can call "Hold", which will temporarily stop that round. Players should repeat the call of Hold so that all other players hear, until the round stops completely. If a pedestrian is walking through the field, if a player is injured or if there is some other threat to personal safety, you are obligated to call hold. You can call a hold to pause the game and sort out some issue that is not a matter of personal safety, but do not abuse it.
2.) No barrel taps allowed. Barrel taps are how you absolutely gouge someone with a brass barrel and take out a chunk of skin. Barrel taps are how you break the barrel and bushing off your blaster. You can shoot them from point-blank, or you can ask them to take the hit. Don't touch them with your blaster.

A few important pieces of information:

• I don't anticipate there being a problem with the war site, but if there is, this is the address of the place we will be going as a back-up:
    Ole Hammer Park
    362 N Live Oak Ave
    Glendora, CA 91741
    There is also a school next door named Cullen Elementary we might try as well if we are over in the area.
  • Be sure to check the weather forecast before the war. It looks like the heat wave in SoCal will break before the weekend happens, which is good; they estimate it'll have a high of ninety on Saturday, which is consistent with previous years. Be sure to bring (and re-apply) sunscreen and a lot of water. There are drinking fountains on-site.
  • There are no available bathrooms at the school. If you need to use the bathroom, there are restaurants two blocks away with available facilities.
  • If you need to reach someone the day of the war, for whatever reason, your best shots are posting here in this thread or using the Facebook event or reaching out to the NerfHaven page on Facebook. PMs probably will not work.

What gametypes?
Expect to play some carpe testiculum and related gametypes. There will probably be some quick-run deathmatch as well, to suit those people like Gears with a bloodlust that knows no bounds. Last year, speed rounds and freeze tag were big hits, so those will make another appearance. There will be minimal team captain team picking to keep downtime short.

Anything else?
Bring lots of water. I'll probably end up picking up a pallet of water bottles as backup but it does get hot and you will probably be running around so expect to need to drink something.
Bring lots of sunscreen, because no one wants a sunburn now or skin cancer later.
There are a lot of places to eat nearby. Traditionally, people eat at The Hat for lunch, which is conveniently about four blocks away from the war site.
Bring comfortable shoes. You will be running around.

If you have specific questions or concerns, PM me, or post them here, or whatever.

Attending:
Ice Nine
Zorn's Lemma

Maybe:

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

I should probably try to make it out for this one.

#3 Airwolf13

Airwolf13

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

Just wondering if you guys would be willing to do anything on that Sunday as well?
I can't go to end War due to cost and wvz doesn't work with my work schedule.
Id be coming from Canada

#4 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

Not missing this one, hopefully I'll see a bunch of familiar faces <3

~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#5 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Just wondering if you guys would be willing to do anything on that Sunday as well?
Id be coming from Canada

Sorry, but as it stands, I don't have any plans to host an additional event on Sunday. However, Los Angeles is a world-class city with some of the best restaurants in the world (there is a banh mi place in Alhambra that is as good as any street food place in Vietnam, for $4 per sandwich), so I'm sure that you could find additional stuff to do to make the trip worthwhile.

Rnbw Cln

#6 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

Id be coming from Canada

If you're in Alberta, you might look into joining the PaNNC facebook war group. We're mostly in WA/OR, but some are in BC and ID IIRC which might be closer.

#7 ocnerfherder

ocnerfherder

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

Favorite game of the year! I'll see you all there!

#8 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:04 PM

I'll be there

#9 PwnKitteh

PwnKitteh

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

I'll be there

#10 Thanhtacles

Thanhtacles

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

Had a great time, looking forward to seeing everyone again

Edited by Thanhtacles, 10 April 2019 - 08:59 AM.

#11 ocnerfherder

ocnerfherder

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Is there a Facebook Event for Geddon yet? Been promoting the event; would be helpful to have one on FB from the host.

#12 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

Is there a Facebook Event for Geddon yet? Been promoting the event; would be helpful to have one on FB from the host.

I didn't post the event last year on there last year because I don't use Facebook. I believe that Cannonball posted one for 2018, though; I will see if anyone in the SCUN group is willing to post one, if it's absolutely necessary to do so.

Rnbw Cln

#13 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

Working on a FB event. Should be up by the end of the day.

#14 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:32 PM

Zaxbys and I will be there. Wouldn't miss this for the world.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#15 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

One month to go. Get those dart orders put in and those blasters tuned up.

Rnbw Cln

#16 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:30 AM

If the person who took the clamps holding up the trash bags at the end of the war last year is attending this year, please return them thanks.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#17 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

See you freaks on Saturday. Just to reiterate the important stuff:

• Bring plenty of water. Make sure you stay hydrated. Wear sunscreen and reapply at lunch. You are smol bean, plant emoji, etc.
  • There are no available bathrooms at the school. If you need to use the bathroom, there are restaurants two blocks away with available facilities.
  • If you need to reach someone the day of the war, for whatever reason, your best shots are posting here in this thread or using the Facebook event or reaching out to the NerfHaven page on Facebook. PMs probably will not work.
  • To stop a round for safety reasons, yell out the word "HOLD". If you hear someone call "HOLD", STOP PLAYING IMMEDIATELY. At any time during a round, anyone can call "Hold", which will temporarily stop that round. Players should repeat the call of Hold so that all other players hear, until the round stops completely. If a pedestrian is walking through the field, if a player is injured or if there is some other threat to personal safety, you are obligated to call hold. You can call a hold to pause the game and sort out some issue that is not a matter of personal safety, but do not abuse it.
  • No barrel taps allowed. Barrel taps are how you absolutely gouge someone with a brass barrel and take out a chunk of skin. Barrel taps are how you break the barrel and bushing off your blaster. You can shoot them from point-blank, or you can ask them to take the hit. Don't touch them with your blaster.

Rnbw Cln

#18 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

See you tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.58.02 PM.png

Rnbw Cln

#19 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

Oops! We got kicked out. Well be at the back-up site, Ole Hammer Park, 362 N Live Oak Ave, Glendora.

Rnbw Cln

#20 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

Armageddon XX: No Group Photo, No Mercy

Thanks to everyone who came out! See you next year.

20190629_103508.jpg

Rnbw Cln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users