Photo

3s Nemesis issues

1 reply to this topic

#1 PwnKitteh

PwnKitteh

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:22 AM

I converted my nemesis to 3s a while back, and after running it for about half a day on and off I started smelling the magic smoke from the motors. I know they obviously weren't intended for the higher voltage, but from what I've heard from other modders people have run their 3s nemesi for multiple games without issues, and I don't think I pushed mine too hard. 

I've bought replacement motors, but I'd like to hear from others so I can make those last as long as possible. 

Has anyone else had any issues with this? If the motors burnt out this quickly, I don't think I'm the only person this has happened too. 

Has anyone else had any issues with this? If the motors burnt out this quickly, I don't think I'm the only person this has happened too. 

#2 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

3s on a Nemesis can cause a whole host of issues.  I never encountered burning motors, but my flywheel hubs were eventually pounded out by the increased torque and yours will get there too.  My solution to this was to convert the flywheel drive to brushless, and this could also solve your fried motor issue.

https://www.thingive...m/thing:3205580

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users