Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:00 PM

Double EDIT: Be there at 8:30
Groove must leave early, we start early

EDIT:Sunday, September 26, 2004.
11AM-6PM. We may go later, we always do.
Be there at 10:30 AM. I will be quickly checking stefans before the war, as well as guns, for safety.

Wayside Elementary School
10011 Glen Road
Potomac MD 20854

It's easy to find. Use mapquest.com

EYE WEAR MANDATORY. Don't bring cheap sunglasses
Bring shooting glasses, science goggles, oakley's, etc. Something strong.

Be there, all of you.
Gun bannings will be done case by case.
Bring stefans.

Crankymonky0-sn
cranky.nerfer.monky@gmail.com
Headcount:10-20

</edit>

Kids, ever dream about shooting foam with the greats. How about running through the smithsonian with guns and having darts stick to paintings? If so, I can't help.

But the next best thing
DCNO2-better name pending

Our last war was great, our next one will be better
Here is the last thread-http://www.nerfhq.co...opic.php?t=6590

We were thinking off some dates
and Sep. 26 looked damn nice.

Who better come or I might...threaten them with a nerf gun
Groove
Talio
Ninjz
Osiris
Dan Wask
Us
Rambo-since he was complaining
Mattress-using school as an excuse
Clan WOS
Clan SNAPED
I think there were some WV guys, but I don't think they actually nerf

TIS best be coming, depending how far it is from his school.

Mention how the date works, and if not, maybe we look into Oct.

Crank'

Edited by crankymonky, 24 September 2004 - 03:53 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:04 PM

TIS best be coming, depending how far it is from his school.

Give me a location to Mapquest and I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:06 PM

Potomac MD, 20854

Or to be more precise
Wayside Elementary School
10011 Glen Road
Potomac MD 20854

TIS, what school you going to?
Tyranny Response Team

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:56 PM

Mapquest is telling me that the trip is at least 4.5 hours, so I'll think about it.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:21 PM

If you could get to Groove's (assuming he comes) and car pool from there it might work.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:48 AM

Try this Shinny::

801 W. Franklin St.
Richmond, VA 23185

Thats my dorm addy. What'd we'd do ideally is get my dad to pick us up at the dorm, drive up to Potomac MD, which should only take about 1 hour 45 minutes from Richmond. Not bad at all.

I am pretty sure I can make it. You said the 26th, right? The 25th would work much better for me. I'll mark it on my calendar and talk to the folks.

Edited by GrOOvE, 26 August 2004 - 11:13 AM.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:58 AM

My friend leaves for Ireland the 19th, so i wotn have a ride. I might be able to get my dad to drop me off at Talio's if its too much out of his way to drive past me on his way down (Id be happy to chip in for gas if you do Talio).

Cranky, let me know the exact date when you guys decide. Im free any sat/sun but I have school during the week.

Edited by NinjZ, 26 August 2004 - 08:00 AM.

#8 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:59 AM

Ok, I am pretty sure we can all agree on the 26th. So, this is next to final. I will final it today, as I get some pictures of the place up. Hope everyone can make it.

Groove, is TIS coming with you?

Edited by crankymonky, 29 August 2004 - 11:00 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

#9 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

4 hours away. You do the math.

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 11:26 PM

Uh, math? You want it in decimal, binary, hexadecimal or octal? In other words, huh?

You guys already know my deal, I'm a maybe. It's all going to depend on what I'm doing and how I feel. Frankly, if I have to pull a 12 hour the night before, I won't be there. If I have to pull anything that day, I won't be there, we'll have to see.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:49 AM

Ass kissing, brown-nosing, kissing up, whatever you want to call it - yeah, see now's the time to do it, Tally.

#12 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:29 PM

Kids and slighly older people that really aren't kids anymore.

I'm updating the first post. I have no clue when I'll get pictures up. Go mod your guns. Sorry for like, not giving definite information until now.
Tyranny Response Team

#13 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

Sorry guys,

I got too much work that week from tests, papers, and projects that are due. Keep me updated on other future war dates and I'll do my best to make them!

^_^

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:33 AM

I know it's become something of a tradition to hold wars on sundays, but perhaps a saturday here and there wouldn't hurt. There's just no way I'm driving down and back to maryland, and then back to school when I have classes starting at 9 the next morning. Not that I'd drive to maryland on purpose anyway...but I'd think some others might have this issue as well. Anyways, something to think about.

VACC

#15 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:01 PM

Accomodating for the Jersey people! Next war, maybe we'll try a saturday. This war, I can't the 25th, its a Jew-holiday.
Tyranny Response Team

#16 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:02 PM

The things I do for the betterment of Nerf. Let me put it into a short story::

Groove wants to drive to the war in Maryland.
Groove asks Dad if he can go, Dad says yes.
Dad explains to Groove that car needs new tires.
Groove must pay for new tires.
Dad explains to Groove that car needs oil change.
Groove must change the oil.
Dad explains to Groove that Dad can't go, and Groove must drive 6 hours by himself.
Groove cries.

I'm coming, but it wasn't easy. I don't fucking care if there's a hurricane, I'll Nerf in winds up to 50mph and rain doesn't concern me. Be there or be square.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

...Bitches.

Love,

-Groove

#17 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

Weather looked good for Sunday as of this afternoon. So whats the time we're talking here? I'm still all for showing up early. Groovikins...I say it's your call.

Talio.

#18 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:53 PM

I will be there 9, 9:30 given traffic conditions.

And by traffic conditions, I mean how lost I can get.

#19 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

HI HO GENITALIO !!!!
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#20 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:05 PM

I told all my friends 8:30. Show at 8:30 if possible. We will have at least 4-8 at 8:30.
Tyranny Response Team

#21 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 12:47 PM

We'll see about that. By the way, I lost my goggles at the last war and I'm not going to be able to get to the Sports store to buy another pair of airsoft goggles. If anyone has anything that they could spare, I'd appreciate it. If not, you guys have nothing to worry about, if I get hit in the eye, I won't sue. I've got health insurance, and will call the ambulance on my own phone. I'm 21, and an independant adult. Kids, safety first. You don't like it...I'll eat you.

Honestly though, I understand being strict with everyone but the ones who you know won't cost a problem. I usually just wear eye wear if it's required (paintball field) or to be a good sport. But if someone has some extra eye wear, I'd be most abliged.

#22 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:10 PM

I have some sunglasses I can bring, Tally. They're not pretty, but they'll work.

Cranks, Tally - I am PMing you my cell number. Please PM me back with yours.

PS - Yes, Cranks, I know you gave me yours. I wrote it on my hands and showered it all off in the morning. I can't make it out anymore so hopefully you get this before tomorrow.

See you cats tomorrow!

#23 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

Tally, we have like 14+pairs of science goggles. Groove, learn to remember, I'll send it in a few hours.
Bring guns intended upon trading says David.
Tyranny Response Team

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

As tradition for me at DC wars, I'll show up with two guns. Only this time I'll have some darts with me.

Talio.

6:30 Edit: Looks like shove off is going to be in about 15 minutes. I've got my shit together. Don't know how awake I am, but regaurdless I'll be there come hell, high water, or semi's mowing me down.

Edited by Talio, 26 September 2004 - 05:18 AM.

#25 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:41 PM

Well, finally made it home after an awesome war. Wow, what an awesome war. Perfect turnout, perfect weather, no jacktards, and all-around good fun for everyone.

I would really like to thank Cranks and THIRST for putting together and awesome war. I would also like to really sincerely thank everyone who held out on lunch a bit longer for me to squeeze in a few more games before I had to leave early for my 3 hour trek back home.

Like Talio briefly mentioned, I think that location is a real sweet spot, and we should definitely make a site for it with pictures, directions, and war history there. It rocks - definitely one of the best places I've ever nerfed.

Thanks to everyone, again - Cranks, THIRST, Tally, stevo123, Akira, Juno, French dude who I think's name was Pierre, Ben, Sam, and anyone else I might be forgetting. Thank you all, it rocked.

I'd continue to tell you how incredibly awesome this war was, but right now I really need to make a boom boom and get some much needed rest after driving alone for a total of 6 and a half hours today.

Adios,

-Groove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users