Photo

Slingfire gearbox locking up

3 replies to this topic

#1 DOCce

DOCce

• FNG2
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

I modded my Slingfire, pretty standard stuff. Just an AR removal. There are pieces that I'm not sure where to put (a small metal bar similar to the one holding the lever in place and what looks like a lock). Here's a link to pictures of the internals and the lock-like part: https://drive.google...dhS5w6JRXtdOe3V

Thanks in advance!

#2 geekman9097

geekman9097

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

The 'Lock' you're referring to is the dart tooth. it goes up front just fore of the magwell, beneath the barrel.

I can't tell from your images, but it looks like the metal bar might be the detent for the lever. there'll be a hole for it just above the lever if it is. it presses against the little plastic extrusion and gives it a bit of a lock to hold it home.

also, if your gearbox is locking up, make sure all the parts sit correctly relative to each other, or find the locks, such as the long orange piece that goes into the trigger void, and remove them.

Edited by geekman9097, 08 January 2019 - 08:38 AM.

#3 geekman9097

geekman9097

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

Also, you need a metal pin to hold the jam door in place.

Judging by the photos' you might've used it in the gearbox. In my Slingfire, only the lever and jam door use metal pins. The one I mentioned earlier and the one on which the gear stack rests are both orange plastic rods.

#4 DOCce

DOCce

• FNG2
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users